Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

ReputationRep:
    *Watching Full Metal Alchemist dubs*

Dubs vs Subs?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Triple fail in Saimoe for me today. I guess that's what I deserve since I was too busy to make a new signature. I guess I'll just use one of my old ones until I get home (AAGH, THE PIXELS!), regardless of the fact that the voting for that round has ended.

I'm in the library at the moment, wondering why they're still using Internet Explorer 6. I mean, if they have to use IE, at least get a version with tabs! :rant:

[edit] Ah, seems I made a v2 Kusakabe Misao sig last year. Much better than the first one. *switches*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)

Dubs vs Subs?
    I've never encountered you before. If you've posted before when I wasn't here, nice to meet you. :smile:

Regarding your question, I don't use either, but I'd imagine the general consensus in this society would be that subtitles are better, simply because the wide majority of the time, the original Japanese voice actors are better. Additionally, the dubs are usually quite poor too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    What is little Vin-kin doing? :confused:

Is it just me or has your warnings increased? :tongue:
    not much, was watching DBKai:w00t: then Aoi Hana, but got distracted by this page http://www.dirjournal.com/info/aband...-in-the-world/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    [edit] Ah, seems I made a v2 Kusakabe Misao sig last year. Much better than the first one. *switches*
    I really liked your Saimoe signatures from last year. This year, not so much. :o:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Dubs vs Subs?
    Subs whenever possible for me. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    not much, was watching DBKai:w00t: then Aoi Hana, but got distracted by this page http://www.dirjournal.com/info/aband...-in-the-world/
    Wow, that link is incredibly fascinating. Thank you for posting it, I'll give it a proper read when I return home. :emog:

As for DB Kai, have they reached the part where Goku and Freeza fight? Or is it much further on from that?

ReputationRep:

Dubs vs Subs?
    subs:yep:

...Im gonna call you Kaito because IGsdfs22242....is too annoying to remember:indiff:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Must be interesting to distract a man from his yuri. :yes: *emails link to self*

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that link is incredibly fascinating. Thank you for posting it, I'll give it a proper read when I return home. :emog:

As for DB Kai, have they reached the part where Goku and Freeza fight? Or is it much further on from that?
    I just read it all:proud:

Its not goin at that kind of pace:giggle: Vegeta just ran from Earth:yes:

ReputationRep:
    What is little Vin-kin doing? :confused:

Is it just me or has your warnings increased? :tongue:
    My warnings have increased :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Must be interesting to distract a man from his yuri. :yes: *emails link to self*
    girl:hmpf:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    I just read it all:proud:

Its not goin at that kind of pace:giggle: Vegeta just ran from Earth:yes:
    Still a way to go, it seems. I haven't been following this remake (only saw the first episode). I'm intending to once it finishes. :smile:

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    My warnings have increased :yep:
    Do tell of your dubious deeds. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Still a way to go, it seems. I haven't been following this remake (only saw the first episode). I'm intending to once it finishes. :smile:

Do tell of your dubious deeds. :tongue:
    they took out all the crap so its something I can finally go :nutcase:at
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    they took out all the crap so its something I can finally go :nutcase:at
    I'm looking forward to it. :smile:

I think AJ should watch this series, if he isn't already. This is the perfect opportunity to see an undisputed classic, which defined shonen as we know it, without having to go through 290+ episodes (excluding the 150+ that the prequel DB consisted of). :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it. :smile:

I think AJ should watch this series, if he isn't already. This is the perfect opportunity to see an undisputed classic, which defined shonen as we know it, without having to go through 290+ episodes (excluding the 150+ that the prequel DB consisted of). :giggle:
    I agree but he's a smelly lemon in a library:hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    I agree but he's a smelly lemon in a library:hmmm:
    I'm assuming they've removed all of the incessant babbling during each fight, which took multiple episodes alone? Then again, I think the Freeza battle fell victim to this more than any other. I don't seem to remember this happening "too much" during the Cell and Buu arcs. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Much less talking.:giggle: It originally took Goku 6 months to travel down snake way, and oh dear it took so many eps it reeally felt like 6 months. But it was done in only 2 this time.:giggle:

:hmmmm2: What I want to see is how long 5 mins take on planet Namek again.:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking about watching DB Kai I just haven't got round to it yet. I have watched Dragon Ball, DB Z and DB GT (which I didn't like to much) so I should really watch Kai. Mind you I am waiting for the new version of the it's over 9000 vid :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I've never encountered you before. If you've posted before when I wasn't here, nice to meet you. :smile:

Regarding your question, I don't use either, but I'd imagine the general consensus in this society would be that subtitles are better, simply because the wide majority of the time, the original Japanese voice actors are better. Additionally, the dubs are usually quite poor too.
    :hello:

I think i've only posted once on this thread, on the old thread I posted quite abit to the end, I think... so thats probably why

(Original post by vin)
    subs:yep:

...Im gonna call you Kaito because IGsdfs22242....is too annoying to remember:indiff:
    Yay!

I watch subs mainly, It's just I accidently downloaded dubs(didnt check after they downloaded) of FMA onto my backup drive because I just switched to Windows 7 :woo:

Starting to like dubs though... :|

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.