Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I never finished it XD I got to the bit where I'm supposed to fight the Elder Wyrm thing but just couldn't be bothered :giggle:

And X is where Final Fantasy started going downhill, so it can NOT be in a top list! IX and VII however can :yep:
    There's nothing wrong with FFX. It was better than FFIX. :yes:

Yuna. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I think my parents have pretty much planned out what we're doing :sad:

And robots are scary. They keep making them smarter and smarter. I don't trust a machine that can think.
    You can always nag them :yes:

I don't think that human-intelligence robots will be any threat, unless they're built to be threats. They will most likely be our friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I think my parents have pretty much planned out what we're doing :sad:

And robots are scary. They keep making them smarter and smarter. I don't trust a machine that can think.
    Asimov's three laws prevent them from doing you any harm.

Law 1: A robot may not knowingly cause a human harm, or knowingly cause them harm through inaction.
    Law 2: A robot must follow a human's order except when that order causes the robot to break Law 1.
    Law 3: A robot must protect it's own existence, except if that interferes with Law 1 or 2.

(paraphrased, I don't know the exact quotes :p:)

I think they're actually programming robots with those laws :giggle: There's also a couple more other people thought up to add;

Law 4: A Robot must declare that it is a robot
    Law 5: A Robot must know that it is a Robot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    You can always nag them :yes:

I don't think that human-intelligence robots will be any threat, unless they're built to be threats. They will most likely be our friends
    You think a machine that can think for itself, that can't die and is much more powerful than a human, will be nice? It's impossible. The three laws are utopia, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    There's nothing wrong with FFX. It was better than FFIX. :yes:

Yuna. :cry:
    Piss off. There's no way X was better than IX!

ReputationRep:
    Wagamamas is expensive for what it is to be honest. But then again many places are. I wouldn't eat there very often XD Although if I did I'd order a different kind of Ramen :giggle:

It wasn't that great :| It had an extremely disappointing sequel :| Every game after it got worse :|

FFXIII and Versus XIII however seem to be saving graces of Final Fantasy for now
    The quality of wagamamas is well worth it :yes:

I thought X was brilliant. It is one of the few games which has made me cry. The main characters and storyline were some of the best I've come across.

I don't tend to judge games on their sequels unless I've played the sequels beforehand. X-2 shouldn't really be considered a sequel, but a lousy spinoff. :tongue:
    The difference in quality is so great.

I can't wait for XIII and Versus, either :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes, now I remember :tongue:

Did you have fun?

too much sight-seeig and as a sportsman I did not enjoy it so much, but I tried out scuba diving which i want to take up and spent the last 2 days solid in a swimming pool! So overall it was good

ReputationRep:
    Wagamamas do awesome gyouza and yakisoba :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    EVERYONE TO BIRMINGHAM NEXT WEEK!:fuhrer:
    Do you enjoy having meets whenever I am busy Vin???!!!

ReputationRep:
    The quality of wagamamas is well worth it :yes:

I thought X was brilliant. It is one of the few games which has made me cry. The main characters and storyline were some of the best I've come across.

I don't tend to judge games on their sequels unless I've played the sequels beforehand. X-2 shouldn't really be considered a sequel, but a lousy spinoff. :tongue:
    The difference in quality is so great.

I can't wait for XIII and Versus, either :woo:
    Uhh, Wagamamas + Quality = does not compute. They just cook some noodles and drop it in some pre-made soup :| Their Duck Gyouza was nice though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Piss off. There's no way X was better than IX!
    I won't, and FFX was way better than FFIX. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    You think a machine that can think for itself, that can't die and is much more powerful than a human, will be nice? It's impossible. The three laws are utopia, nothing more.
    They will "think" differently. They won't have the same motivations as humans. Their only purpose would be to serve, not work for themselves.
    Besides, the robots in our lifetimes will only just start to think on a human level. More likely, the early ones will be humanoid shells with internal computers, capable of carrying out tasks which they are programmed to do. They could probably be quick learners able to learn new tasks throughout their service lifetimes. They will follow human commands obediently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :laugh: I wish! Unfortunately I have to be dragged around my my family :sad:
    :indiff:EVERYONE STILL TO BIRMINGHAM!:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, Wagamamas + Quality = does not compute. They just cook some noodles and drop it in some pre-made soup :| Their Duck Gyouza was nice though :awesome:
    Lies :mad:

I had Yaki Soba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Wagamamas do awesome gyouza and yakisoba :yep:
    Oh yeah :coma:

ReputationRep:
    something will undoubtadly go wrong though!

ReputationRep:
    They will "think" differently. They won't have the same motivations as humans. Their only purpose would be to serve, not work for themselves.
    Besides, the robots in our lifetimes will only just start to think on a human level. More likely, the early ones will be humanoid shells with internal computers, capable of carrying out tasks which they are programmed to do. They could probably be quick learners able to learn new tasks throughout their service lifetimes. They will follow human commands obediently.
    Utopian! You can't programme a free-thinking being not to harm. Look at humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :indiff:EVERYONE STILL TO BIRMINGHAM!:fuhrer:
    I can't come, as I am going to be on holiday at the same time as Ro-chan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    Do you enjoy having meets whenever I am busy Vin???!!!
    yes:mmm:

:emog:

....its a bit early to be scared of thinking robots:s:wait till they give those walking ones weapons, then there'll be something to worry about :sadnod:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wagamama is not a bad restaurant, but the dishes available have clearly been "westernised" in some form or another. The only genuine dish I came across was the Yakisoba, which was pretty similar to what you'd find in Japan, or at least, from my own experience. Shame that they don't seem to employ Japanese staff, though. Not so much the waiters, but the chefs. It would be nice. Price-wise, I don't find it that expensive, but I'm not really one to talk, given the places I dine at from time to time. :o:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.