Oh Coo. :camp:
    I don't mind being called that, but it does make me think of pigeons :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :hahaha:

I have whole chilli peppers with my ramen. :yes:
    Oh you:camp:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :hmpf: Only vin-kun calls me Ro-chan :yep: You can call me Cooro the Great and Marvellous.
    :proud:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    It's the I of AI that worries me.
    can you beat the computer at chess?:s:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I'll take a trip to Vision Express for prescription sunglasses. Where d'you suppose I can get the clothes?
    :dontknow:primark?, no use spending alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I haven't read the discussion regarding AI properly, but I'll just say that every time I think of robots, I think of this:

http://www.projectaiko.com/

:sad:
    :giggle:

I think I remember reading something about this in the Metro some time ago - however that may be a completely different android in Japan... I distinctly remember it because the creator said that he could - which means he will :ninja: - implant an orgasm feature. Rather strange...

Very spooky though... I like her hair.

ReputationRep:
    what is wrong with just calling cooro, cooro?!

ReputationRep:
    Ooo! You're talking about a utopia with engineered robots alongside humans?

Artificial Intelligence will only go so far. Intelligence itself is the freedom to think for itself - this will undoubtedly force it to exceed it's limitations. I-Robot. :tongue:
    I think Cooro might be mixing intelligence up with sentience.

And yes, AP seems to not want to load for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I haven't read the discussion regarding AI properly, but I'll just say that every time I think of robots, I think of this:

http://www.projectaiko.com/

:sad:
    she still looks like one of those adult "dolls":mmm:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :rolleyes: I was only joking :p:
    oh:emo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm changing my email address

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Oh you:camp:

:proud:

can you beat the computer at chess?:s:

:dontknow:primark?, no use spending alot
    Yes, and I hate Primark.

Anyway, enough about robots. We're all entitled to our opinions so I'm entitled to hate robots and you're all entitled to think me a whackjob for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    what is wrong with just calling cooro, cooro?!
    Nothing at all. They just all seem to prefer shortening it. I like Ro, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    she still looks like one of those adult "dolls":mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    It's the I of AI that worries me.
    Well, it is a technical as well as philosophical issue. But I think it won't actually mean that they will rebel against humans. Some people are worried about that, but it is highly unlikely that robots will think like humans or become selfish. It's more about robots + computers being able to think about what they're doing, rather than need constant attention to do what you want.

I don't think robots will be able to think in an abstract manner for a long time. Their "thoughts" will revolve around being able to interpret human inputs intelligently and then carry out those tasks as they've been programmed to do, whilst adjusting their operations accordingly and being able to learn from mistakes.

Honestly, I think that robots will help humanity rather than turn on it. At least with what we know of AI at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Dolls freak me out too :giggle: I can't be in the same room as one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Is A-P down for anyone else?
    :yes:

(Original post by Cooro)
    I don't mind being called that, but it does make me think of pigeons :s:
    It's cute.

so-so and yourself Kag?
    I'm ok. I woke up at 5pm and decided to walk about for a few hours outside before returning home and eating home-made sushi. Relatively content at the moment and talking to spiffingly good people online.

(Original post by Juno)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm changing my email address
    Be sure to send it to me. :puppyeyes:

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I think Cooro might be mixing intelligence up with sentience.
    But her worry of the Intelligence part of AI would be founded. :yes: As marked in my previous post...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Well, it is a technical as well as philosophical issue. But I think it won't actually mean that they will rebel against humans. Some people are worried about that, but it is highly unlikely that robots will think like humans or become selfish. It's more about robots + computers being able to think about what they're doing, rather than need constant attention to do what you want.

I don't think robots will be able to think in an abstract manner for a long time. Their "thoughts" will revolve around being able to interpret human inputs intelligently and then carry out those tasks as they've been programmed to do, whilst adjusting their operations accordingly and being able to learn from mistakes.

Honestly, I think that robots will help humanity rather than turn on it. At least with what we know of AI at the moment.
    But with logic on their side they will undoubtedly find error in ours ways and seek to correct it with any means neccesary. The absence of morals and ethics in their processes is what makes me fear AI and robots in general. That being said I would be delighted to own a race of cyber bots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Nothing at all. They just all seem to prefer shortening it. I like Ro, though.
    Then we call you Ro if you prefere it?

ReputationRep:
    Then we call you Ro if you prefere it?
    It's up to you, I don't mind

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo! You're talking about a utopia with engineered robots alongside humans?

Artificial Intelligence will only go so far. Intelligence itself is the freedom to think for itself - this will undoubtedly force it to exceed it's limitations. I-Robot. :tongue:
    Not a utopia. There is no such thing.

But autonomous robots will leverage our lifestyles and increase the means of production, massively

True, but that independent thinking will not involve the sort of thoughts you are talking about. AI will be able to bridge the gap and learn things it has not been programmed to do, but it will still keep its core programmed objectives. Without a core purpose, robots have nothing to do, no motivation to expend energy.

Maybe there will be a new field of robot psychology in the near future.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.