Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    It's up to you, I don't mind
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :emo:
    okay... only vin-kun calls me Ro-chan, everyone else, call me whatever you want.

Happy now?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Liquidus Zeromus has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    okay... only vin-kun calls me Ro-chan, everyone else, call me whatever you want.

Happy now?
    ****? Oh, wait, that's not allowed by the swear filter :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)

Happy now?
    Roe-chan :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well I am off for the night bye all!

ReputationRep:
    *sighs*

I'm going to bed, you guys are giving me a headache :p: Night :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    But with logic on their side they will undoubtedly find error in ours ways and seek to correct it with any means neccesary. The absence of morals and ethics in their processes is what makes me fear AI and robots in general. That being said I would be delighted to own a race of cyber bots.
    They won't see it that way. They won't be motivated to think outside the box which they are set in, at least until quantum brains become a reality. If AI has an element of random computing which can subvert its programming, it is probably not suitable for servant work.

ReputationRep:
    Night Ro-chan and Athi-chan :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    *sighs*

Night Headacheface :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Not a utopia. There is no such thing.

But autonomous robots will leverage our lifestyles and increase the means of production, massively

True, but that independent thinking will not involve the sort of thoughts you are talking about. AI will be able to bridge the gap and learn things it has not been programmed to do, but it will still keep its core programmed objectives. Without a core purpose, robots have nothing to do, no motivation to expend energy.

Maybe there will be a new field of robot psychology in the near future.
    :nah: AI can lead to self thought or even abstract though. The command "protect humans" could lead to catastrophic circumstances to occur.

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    They won't see it that way. They won't be motivated to think outside the box which they are set in, at least until quantum brains become a reality. If AI has an element of random computing which can subvert its programming, it is probably not suitable for servant work.
    The ability to follow an order is not AI. If that were the case then a light switch is a form of AI. AI is the ability to think for itself and truly show forms of intelligence - although artificial this could prove deadly since logic is clearly present.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Kagu would secretly like to have this particular robot by his side:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    Well I am off for the night bye all!
    (Original post by Cooro)
    *sighs*

Night ladies. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)

Happy now?
    :nutcase: goodnight:hugs:

night ath:emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)

Spoiler:
    Show
    You know me too well. :sad:

How's your day been? Oh! And how was Bath? Wasn't it lovely? :love:

ReputationRep:
    I am also tired, so I shall be retiring to sleep now. Bye bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)

:teeth:

That is all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I am also tired, so I shall be retiring to sleep now. Bye bye.
    night night. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What is it with people calling someone a troll for no reason, and with evidence, in the H&R sub forum? :rant:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    You know me too well. :sad:

How's your day been? Oh! And how was Bath? Wasn't it lovely? :love:
    I also find Chii absolutely adorable, so you're not the only one that would like her around. :ninja: - I would contribute to this AI discussion, but my mind is slowly degenerating due to fatigue. After this post, I will head to bed too.

My day has been relatively straightforward. We've finished this mini look-book for H&M, which is being sent to the printer tomorrow. We need to get a few copies laser-printed and perfect-bound before Friday, but that should be possible. Um, then I came home and lazed around with my family for the evening, eventually coming back onto the laptop again. :tongue:

As for Bath, it's a lovely city. I've been a few times before. The family really enjoyed their time away from London, which was also good. :yes:

How was your day? I'll be assured to read your post tomorrow at some point, but I really must get some sleep.

Night everyone. :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.