Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    What is it with people calling someone a troll for no reason, and with evidence, in the H&R sub forum? :rant:
    Intriguing tale brother

:awesome:

I tired but can't be bothered to go to sleep :emo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What is it with people calling someone a troll for no reason, and with evidence, in the H&R sub forum? :rant:
    You're a troll

ReputationRep:
    :nah: AI can lead to self thought or even abstract though. The command "protect humans" could lead to catastrophic circumstances to occur.

The ability to follow an order is not AI. If that were the case then a light switch is a form of AI. AI is the ability to think for itself and truly show forms of intelligence - although artificial this could prove deadly since logic is clearly present.
    I see we have different interpretations of what AI would entail.

Really though, you assume that AI will think like humans, only with super intelligence. I doubt that highly.
    I think that simply saying "protect humans" would be very flimsy programming indeed. Too vague and too wide-ranging.

ReputationRep:

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Night LLoT :emog:

ReputationRep:
    goodnight onee-sama:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)

:mmm:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Night Cara!

:ciao: :hugs: :goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I see we have different interpretations of what AI would entail.

Really though, you assume that AI will think like humans, only with super intelligence. I doubt that highly.
    I think that simply saying "protect humans" would be very flimsy programming indeed. Too vague and too wide-ranging.
    Oh no, not thinking like humans as humans are plagued with ethics and morals. AI has none of these limitations hence why they will be formidable opponents.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :hugs:

(Original post by Matisse)
    I also find Chii absolutely adorable, so you're not the only one that would like her around. :ninja: - I would contribute to this AI discussion, but my mind is slowly degenerating due to fatigue. After this post, I will head to bed too.

My day has been relatively straightforward. We've finished this mini look-book for H&M, which is being sent to the printer tomorrow. We need to get a few copies laser-printed and perfect-bound before Friday, but that should be possible. Um, then I came home and lazed around with my family for the evening, eventually coming back onto the laptop again. :tongue:

As for Bath, it's a lovely city. I've been a few times before. The family really enjoyed their time away from London, which was also good. :yes:

How was your day? I'll be assured to read your post tomorrow at some point, but I really must get some sleep.

Night everyone. :hugs:
    I thought you called in sick. :tongue: Good to see you're working hard though. Wouldn't expect less of Aiko chan. :hugs:

I'm glad. The rest of UK is such a beautiful place - except for Dartmoor (my Duke of Edinburgh expedition place). That whole piece of rubbish should be napalmed. I need to visit Sheffield again. It's a silly city but they had a wonderful coffee place. :yes:

I woke up at around 5pm. :tongue: Terrible, I know. Then I went out for a 4 hour walk. :yes: It was nice. I walked all the way to Big Ben and met up with my girly pal and had a nice chat then I walked back home and ate my mum's sushi. Pleasant at best.

Goodnight. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Night Cara!

:ciao: :hugs: :goodnight:
    night mummy:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, not thinking like humans as humans are plagued with ethics and morals. AI has none of these limitations hence why they will be formidable opponents.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :hugs:
    Robots won't think in those terms, no. They will be hard to explain to AI... but I'm sure they can understand laws and codes of operation.

Alright, leave it at that :tongue:

Oh, and sounds like you had alot of fun around London.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, now read all those posts about robots and read "AI" as "AJ" instead like I did whilst skim reading them... :rofl:

Hey people

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Hi tasty person :eating:

ReputationRep:
    T... tasty? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, yOu lOOk taStY tOdAY tOo :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    Okay, now read all those posts about robots and read "AI" as "AJ" instead like I did whilst skim reading them... :rofl:

Hey people
    pudding!:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    pudding!:teeth:
    Hey there vin...

please don't eat me

cautious :emog:

ReputationRep:
    Hey there vin...

please don't eat me

cautious :emog:
    :puppyeyes:but

ReputationRep:

Hey people
    Hi Pud.

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Robots won't think in those terms, no. They will be hard to explain to AI... but I'm sure they can understand laws and codes of operation.

Alright, leave it at that :tongue:

Oh, and sounds like you had alot of fun around London.
    It was nice. :yes:

How was your day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :puppyeyes:but

:ahhhhh:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.