Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I need to phone the Job Center...
    Done. Apparently the meetings aren't all at 9:15, it's just that the later ones (10:40) have been fully booked for the next month or so. I wonder why...

Anyway, they're going to try and fit me in one of those meetings instead. It means I'll have to wander around Port for 40 minutes after the bus arrives, but it's better than showing up 55 minutes late to an hour long meeting as I'd have had to do if I was going to the 9:15. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Darnit, there will be no WSJ next week T_T
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Morning. :smile:

I've never stepped into a Job Centre before, nor do I know what one looks like. I don't think I'm even entitled to use the services there yet (since I'm not a British citizen)?

ReputationRep:
    Aiko your manga is a lot better than the one I decided to draw :sad: , mind you mine's only for a bit of fun so I have a excuse :grin:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    Aiko your manga is a lot better than the one I decided to draw :sad: , mind you mine's only for a bit of fun so I have a excuse :grin:
    Well, technically, mine is also recreational on my part. The talk of getting it possibly published is one of conjecture and wishful thinking, nothing more. :o: :tongue: - I would like to see yours when you're ready. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Well, technically, mine is also recreational on my part. The talk of getting it possibly published is one of conjecture and wishful thinking, nothing more. :o: :tongue: - I would like to see yours when you're ready. :smile:
    I just started mine because I was bored last night :grin:

well it will be a while before it is finished seeing as I am still working on this first page.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    I just started mine because I was bored last night :grin:

well it will be a while before it is finished seeing as I am still working on this first page.
    Oh no, only a few captions would suffice, nothing finished. I just enjoy the notion of exchanging and discussing artwork, especially when we're working on something similar. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    I can't even draw a head well enough, so I can't really do a manga T_T The hair is fine enough (although really generic and flat) but the eyes, mouth, nose and ears always look horrible :| I'm alright at profile though, since I only have to draw one of everything :P 3/4 probably gives me the most trouble :|

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, only a few captions would suffice, nothing finished. I just enjoy the notion of exchanging and discussing artwork, especially when we're working on something similar. :smile:
    Well I should be able to get something up tomorrow, I can't today I don't have access to a scanner till tomorrow sorry.

I used to be crap at drawing actually but then just started drawing in my spare time out of boredom and I slowly got better :grin: . I taught myself most the manga / anime stuff just by drawing some of my favourite characters from shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    Well I should be able to get something up tomorrow, I can't today I don't have access to a scanner till tomorrow sorry.

I used to be crap at drawing actually but then just started drawing in my spare time out of boredom and I slowly got better :grin: . I taught myself most the manga / anime stuff just by drawing some of my favourite characters from shows.
    I've been focusing on looking at tutorials (mainly checking all the new ones posted on DeviantArt every day) to try and learn some techniques. I'm focusing on hands mostly at the moment. I've done a couple of full-body drawings but they're not that great. I'd scan them in, but I have no scanner :giggle: I need to get a 3-in-1 Printer before I go to Uni.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)

I've always been reasonably and/or naturally good at drawing. I think the first instance of this was during kindergarden when the class surrounded my drawing, and the teacher gave me a gold star. :o: - After that, I believe it's mainly down to practice. Drawing, like any skill, can be developed and honed.

In regard to drawing manga-styled characters, this went against everything I learnt at art school, requiring some time to adjust, but it's been fun. :smile:

Looking forward to seeing something tomorrow. Curiously, have you considered purchasing a graphic tablet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I've been focusing on looking at tutorials (mainly checking all the new ones posted on DeviantArt every day) to try and learn some techniques. I'm focusing on hands mostly at the moment. I've done a couple of full-body drawings but they're not that great. I'd scan them in, but I have no scanner :giggle: I need to get a 3-in-1 Printer before I go to Uni.
    Bah I hate drawing hands normal or manga style I have always found them difficult for some reason.I have always rather just teach myself for some reason though my art teacher always got annoyed by this because it wasn't the "proper" way of learning.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Ugh, forget deviantART. Look into anything by Giovanni Civardi. :yes: - Nice to see you're expressing an interest in drawing, LLOT. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Done. Apparently the meetings aren't all at 9:15, it's just that the later ones (10:40) have been fully booked for the next month or so. I wonder why...

Anyway, they're going to try and fit me in one of those meetings instead. It means I'll have to wander around Port for 40 minutes after the bus arrives, but it's better than showing up 55 minutes late to an hour long meeting as I'd have had to do if I was going to the 9:15. :p:
    :console: job centres sre scary

onee-sama:poke: your big blog link looks like your shouting it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :console: job centres sre scary

onee-sama:poke: your big blog link looks like your shouting it
    Shouting? The only connection I can make to this would be the capitalisation? The image is not that big. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've always been reasonably and/or naturally good at drawing. I think the first instance of this was during kindergarden when the class surrounded my drawing, and the teacher gave me a gold star. :o: - After that, I believe it's mainly down to practice. Drawing, like any skill, can be developed and honed.

In regard to drawing manga-styled characters, this went against everything I learnt at art school, requiring some time to adjust, but it's been fun. :smile:

Looking forward to seeing something tomorrow. Curiously, have you considered purchasing a graphic tablet?
    I bought one a while back, actually I think I posted my complaints on here about it coming a week late :grin: . It is rather good but I have always rather drawing from hand for some reason. I use it now and then but I felt doing this by hand.

I myself have very little talent at anything to begin with but if I teach myself something I can pick it up a lot quicker than most people. Though if someone else tries to teach me it I don't tend to do so good.

But this for some reason always makes it look like I don't do much work so most of my teachers are always very surprised when I do good. I still remember my math teachers face from my christmas exams when I was one of the only 2 people to get an A when he had thought I would only get a C :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Shouting? The only connection I can make to this would be the capitalisation? The image is not that big. :sad:
    giant letters always look that way on tsr :giggle:

whats wrong with deviant art:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, forget deviantART. Look into anything by Giovanni Civardi. :yes: - Nice to see you're expressing an interest in drawing, LLOT. :smile:
    I'm not going to buy any books :giggle:

And I've always been interested in drawing, I've just never been any good XD One of my GCSE Graphic Design pieces was essentially me copy/pasting (via drawing) Hokusai's "Great Wave off Kanagawa", and a couple others (I think I also used Red Fuji/South Wind Clear Sky).

(Original post by JWH)
    Bah I hate drawing hands normal or manga style I have always found them difficult for some reason.I have always rather just teach myself for some reason though my art teacher always got annoyed by this because it wasn't the "proper" way of learning.
    Hands and feet are a pain in the ass XD But it's essential I get them down :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    I bought one a while back, actually I think I posted my complaints on here about it coming a week late :grin: . It is rather good but I have always rather drawing from hand for some reason. I use it now and then but I felt doing this by hand.
    I can relate to this because it took a while for me to adjust too. The tactility of traditional media is evidently lost with a tablet. Nevertheless, after much insistence, I'm finding myself using a tablet for much of my work nowadays. Prior to going digital, I used to paint with oils at large sizes (had to stand and climb ladders), thus the nature of my work has changed. This has been enforced by working commercially. In advertising and publishing, a digital mockup is far more practical and accepted. The other principle advantage is that you're not limited by how much detail you can implement, and that the handy Apple+Z (or Ctrl+Z) is a godsend. :tongue:

I myself have very little talent at anything to begin with but if I teach myself something I can pick it up a lot quicker than most people. Though if someone else tries to teach me it I don't tend to do so good.

But this for some reason always makes it look like I don't do much work so most of my teachers are always very surprised when I do good. I still remember my math teachers face from my christmas exams when I was one of the only 2 people to get an A when he had thought I would only get a C :grin:
    I've never been one to conform to rulings, nor was I a particularly good student. I'm something of a free spirit that can interpret what's required of me. At school, I think the general consensus was that I was highly capable, and perhaps even bordering on exceptional in the arts, but an awful student to teach. :o:

ReputationRep:
    So Onee-Sama likes using a tablet because of her height:lolwut:

:emog:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.