Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Oh, I didn't think a translation was needed. It's simply 'Oh well'.

But your height (or overall size) is what makes you so cute. :yes:
    ok:redface:

:confused:I see

:hahaha: how can you not know how to use a dishwasher, handwashing is easy anyway:spank:

ReputationRep:
    Bah I just measured my height out of boredom, it turns out I have actually grown (which raises more questions to why I have somehow managed to lose weight even though all I eat is junk food) but I'm still short :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Aik, I need fashion advise :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :hahaha: how can you not know how to use a dishwasher, handwashing is easy anyway:spank:
    I've never used a dishwasher before :s: Handwashing is always much faster - by the time you've loaded the dishes into the dishwasher... you could have finished doing it all by hand :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi... toiletpaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi... toiletpaper.
    Hey there :p:

I don't really come in here much, as you've gathered, but I pop my head in every now and then. I'm going to get through Umineko because apparently it's a good VN, but other than that, I watch some anime every now and then, not too much though :p:

How've you been anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'm good thanks, but abit busy. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I'm good thanks, but abit busy. You?
    I'm learning how to cook, for uni, as I'll be self-catered. So far, I've managed a chickpea curry which ended up with a water-like consistency :p:

I'm going to have to try hard not to burn my hall of residence down in the first week

ReputationRep:

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I'm learning how to cook, for uni, as I'll be self-catered. So far, I've managed a chickpea curry which ended up with a water-like consistency :p:

I'm going to have to try hard not to burn my hall of residence down in the first week
    Try putting some flour in it, might help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Try putting some flour in it, might help?
    Mmm, thanks, I might try that one next time. I dunno how you're supposed to use the curry powder stuff and how you get the kinda gravy like consistency from it. I've definitely got to learn to cook at least 2-3 things properly before uni starts, or I'm screwed living off ready meals all the time and beans on toast :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, thanks, I might try that one next time. I dunno how you're supposed to use the curry powder stuff and how you get the kinda gravy like consistency from it. I've definitely got to learn to cook at least 2-3 things properly before uni starts, or I'm screwed living off ready meals all the time and beans on toast :p:
    :wtf: it depends how much water and oil your putting in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :wtf: it depends how much water and oil your putting in
    Well, not much oil, lots of water :p: Should it be the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    Pasta is one of the easiest dishes to make

I've been baking cakes recently though. Well, I've been baking practically the same cake over and over again, trying to memories the recipe. I use a small mug (pretty small XD) as one "cup" to make the measurements easy.

2 cups Self-Raising Flour
    3 Tsp Baking Powder
    Chunk of butter (don't remember exact amount ... I think it was something like 200-250g)
    1 cup sugar (I prefer using brown sugar)
    1/2 cup Milk

Put all of the above in a bowl and mix/stir/whisk for a couple of minutes. It'll get a dough-like consitency. Then add the following;

1/4 cup Milk
    Teaspoon of Vanilla
    2 Eggs, or 3 if Small eggs

And you do all that and it should get a fairly good consistency. That's the basic cake recipe You can then add stuff to make whatever cake you like. I like to add the following;

Cinammon (however much you like, but I find a lot makes things taste horrible)
    Nutmeg (same as above)
    Raisins (a ****-load)

and it makes a pretty nice cake

ReputationRep:
    Did you follow a recipe? Here's the first Google result; http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/rsc/sauce.htm

ReputationRep:
    well a fiar bit at first since it will evaporate, but not too much or its just too watery :s: you dont really need to use much oil, too much is :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.studentrecipes.com/

This site seems pretty good

I'm planning on getting a ring binder and finding loads of good recipes to fill it with.

ReputationRep:
    ooh that looks like a nice site :beard:

my cousin bought me a student cooking book a couple of Christmas's ago but i think i only used it like once :tongue: once i got into uni i just got lazy couldnt really be bothered to cook properly most of the time :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)

:giggle:

:lolwut:

*needs a new game to play as he has way toooo much spare time*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.