Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    'Word of God' says no though :sad:
    The writer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    The writer?
    Yeap - the writer and production team all said no after that theory spread like wildfire through the internet after the airing of the last episode :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Since when has the Word of God stopped fan speculation and editing of canon events? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Never :dontknow: but its nice to know the official take on things before we go changing things for our own amusement :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeap - the writer and production team all said no after that theory spread like wildfire through the internet after the airing of the last episode :sadnod:
    Ahh Damn. Still the ending is still great even if that last bit is not true.

And the song that was played at the end :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna rewatch R2 now :sad:......although I doubt I'll get the same buzz from it 2nd time round. Half the entertainment value I got out of R2 was watching it weekly and reading all the speculations and pisstakes that came out with each episode :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna rewatch R2 now :sad:......although I doubt I'll get the same buzz from it 2nd time round. Half the entertainment value I got out of R2 was watching it weekly and reading all the speculations and pisstakes that came out with each episode :mmm:
    At the begginig of watcing R2, I was reading a youtube comment on a song and
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I see a comment about Lelouch dying in the end.
    So I knew the what would happen, but not the way it did...So the ending was still great.

I don't think I'll watch it again either. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    At the begginig of watcing R2, I was reading a youtube comment on a song and
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I see a comment about Lelouch dying in the end.
    So I knew the what would happen, but not the way it did...So the ending was still great.

I don't think I'll watch it again either. :yes:
    Oh no! I hate spoilers :mad: One of the major reasons I watch shows weekly is avoid spoilers :p:

I'll definately rewatch the series (once I import the box set), but I know it won't be same 2nd time round since I know all the plot twists now (pretty sure the animation inconsistencies will be really obvious on a 2nd viewing too :mmm:)

ReputationRep:
    I kind of knew that (Code Geass R2 finale spoilers)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lelouch would die, because it's that type of programme. The Anti-Hero pretty much always has to die :yep: But also because someone I know at school shouted "LULU DIEEEEDDDDDDD!!!" ...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I hate spoilers :mad: One of the major reasons I watch shows weekly is avoid spoilers :p:

I'll definitely rewatch the series (once I import the box set), but I know it won't be same 2nd time round since I know all the plot twists now (pretty sure the animation inconsistencies will be really obvious on a 2nd viewing too :mmm:)
    When
    Spoiler:
    Show
    everyone thought Nunall died
    and then we see
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that she wasn't dead
    I some how was soo used to the twist and turns that that bit didn't shock me.

Just like FMA i don't think i'll be watching this again untill mabe a couple years time. Gonna move forward on with a couple of new Anime's.

Mabe Neon genesis or Darker than black :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    End of Geass R2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I also knew it was coming, but was interested to see how they killed him off - think it was done really well :yes: Plus we get to hate Suzaku forever now

Knowing Lelouch was going to die didnt stop me from crying like a baby though - think it was Nunally's wailing grief that set me off :redface: Its sad when your favourite character gets killed off

EDIT: Oh yeah - one of the major criticisms of R2 was that they started pulling plot twists out of no where and leaving the audience going :lolwut: for much of the time.....such a Fabulous Trainwreck :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    End of Geass R2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I also knew it was coming, but was interested to see how they killed him off - think it was done really well :yes: Plus we get to hate Suzaku forever now

Knowing Lelouch was going to die didnt stop me from crying like a baby though - think it was Nunally's wailing grief that set me off :redface: Its sad when your favourite character gets killed off

EDIT: Oh yeah - one of the major criticisms of R2 was that they started pulling plot twists out of no where and leaving the audience going :lolwut: for much of the time.....such a Fabulous Trainwreck :laugh:
    Yeh The Twists were flawless at times. I think the many twists is what gave the Anime its brilliance.

Spoiler:
    Show
    He ends up Killing both his mum and dad :eek: If i heard that at the beggining i would have never believed the killing Mum bit.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Unrelated:

:emog:
    Lina and Naga are so awesome. Props for posting it, granted randomly. :yes:

Ah the joy of watching a great series the 1st time round - its priceless :daydreaming:
    I envy those that have yet to watch something I enjoyed throughly. I'm finding that with Maestro at the moment, Yuuki before. :giggle:

I will read what I've missed. :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Regarding Code Geass, it was a good Sunrise mecha series, although I think its popularity, akin to Gundam Seed, is somewhat overrated. With that being said, Code Geass did have an interesting premise, with an engaging plot-line. The cast were also really exciting to watch, particularly that of Lelouch, who really made the series, in my opinion. Best male lead in a long while. :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I kind of knew that (Code Geass R2 finale spoilers)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lelouch would die, because it's that type of programme. The Anti-Hero pretty much always has to die :yep: But also because someone I know at school shouted "LULU DIEEEEDDDDDDD!!!" ...
    Yeah! I really liked it when

Spoiler:
    Show
    I had any idea what you were talking about

ReputationRep:
    Never :dontknow: but its nice to know the official take on things before we go changing things for our own amusement :p:
    kinda makes such an ambiguous ending pointless really:s:
    When
    Spoiler:
    Show
    everyone thought Nunall died
    and then we see
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that she wasn't dead
    I some how was soo used to the twist and turns that that bit didn't shock me.

Just like FMA i don't think i'll be watching this again untill mabe a couple years time. Gonna move forward on with a couple of new Anime's
    Mabe Neon genesis or Darker than black :rolleyes:
    It's either just Anime or Animoo's:mad:

I loved watching this every week:sad: wondering what was going to happen next, going :wtf: at times :s: that was a good summer

(Original post by Matisse)
    Regarding Code Geass, it was a good Sunrise mecha series, although I think its popularity, akin to Gundam Seed, is somewhat overrated. With that being said, Code Geass did have an interesting premise, with an engaging plot-line. The cast were also really exciting to watch, particularly that of Lelouch, who really made the series, in my opinion. Best male lead in a long while. :yes:
    :indiff:hi

ReputationRep:
    So I've only had 4 and a half hours sleep. :hmpf:

Ohhh~ Code Geass discussion
    It was certainly entertaining, I marathoned the first season days before the second one started to air so that I could be part of the crowd at Aber anime society that were talking about it so much!
    Best summer ever! I'd just sit there everyweek on sunday with my browser auto re-freshing the appropriate fansub site whilst watching the latest release of Junjou Romantica and later on Antique Bakery. :fluffy: I loved my Geass Sunday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    So I've only had 4 and a half hours sleep. :hmpf:

Ohhh~ Code Geass discussion
    It was certainly entertaining, I marathoned the first season days before the second one started to air so that I could be part of the crowd at Aber anime society that were talking about it so much!
    Best summer ever! I'd just sit there everyweek on sunday with my browser auto re-freshing the appropriate fansub site whilst watching the latest release of Junjou Romantica and later on Antique Bakery. :fluffy: I loved my Geass Sunday.
    Morning Charlotte. :hugs:

The last time I had that urge was for the last arc of D.Gray-man. Too bad it ended abruptly and non-conclusively. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, D.Gray-Man (manga) starts back up again this month, I think :| Or has it already returned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Morning Charlotte. :hugs:

The last time I had that urge was for the last arc of D.Gray-man. Too bad it ended abruptly and non-conclusively. :sad:
    Morning :hugs:

Too bad about D.Gray-man... I was going to start it ages ago but then the episode count made my face melt off. It was even worse when I learnt what happened to the ending :eek:

I really don't know what sucked me into Geass R2, I know I was raging that I had to wait for Lloyd for a whole SIX EPISODES until he eventually showed up... I think it was all the hype, once you get caught in that then there is no escape!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.