Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    BAH! :ninja: :ninja2:
    :beard: your avatar and sig match nicely

:poke: but not the bright red username

ReputationRep:
    Well, wont the red username change back to normal when my sub runs out tomorrow anyway? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    That would be the lazy thing to do but a black or gold would look nice until then :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Very very tired Work was.....meh XD

ReputationRep:
    There XD

All usernames that aren't colour changed show up as red for me anyway :dontknow: 'cause I have the red TSR theme.

ReputationRep:
    The Golden Witch :laugh:

(Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Very very tired Work was.....meh XD
    Why meh? :console:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    So what your implying is that I should become a theif? :holmes:
    Where do you live? We have vacancies where I work, and I'm kinda in charge of all the new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    There XD

All usernames that aren't colour changed show up as red for me anyway :dontknow: 'cause I have the red TSR theme.
    Love the new look. :yep:

Hi everyone. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    The Golden Witch :laugh:

Why meh? :console:
    I had to strip laptops all day. I did that on thursday aswell.. Its not that I don't like doing it, it just gets abit repetitive sometimes, and some of them are a bloody pain in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    Hi kag

Kaito:console:

ReputationRep:
    I had to strip laptops all day. I did that on thursday aswell.. Its not that I don't like doing it, it just gets abit repetitive sometimes, and some of them are a bloody pain in the ass.
    Sounds fun. :yes: I've always had an interest in the infrastructure of electronics. I plan to build a P.C worthy of the next millennia one day. :moon: Out of curiosity, in what job do you do such work?

(Original post by vin)
    Hi kag

Kaito:console:
    Hi Vin. :cute: You've not said "**** off" or anything rude to me lately. :erm: This makes me sad. :sad:

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Sounds fun. :yes: I've always had an interest in the infrastructure of electronics. I plan to build a P.C worthy of the next millennia one day. :moon: Out of curiosity, in what job do you do such work?

I'm currently doing unpaid work at the local computer store for an unlimited amount of time for some work experience. The owner is checking into govt funded schemes so I can earn a wage without them having to fork out (they're a small business and fully staffed so they can't really afford to pay for another at the moment). But in return for now they're training me in exchange for my help + staff prices(ie I get stuff for the prices they buy them for) needless an unlimited amount of software and games from their servers!

I've been there about a month or so, its really neat.. At the moment they're clearing out so i'm giving them a hand.. mainly salvaging components that they can use for 2nd hand pcs; I've also done a few 2nd hand pcs for them.

Stripping laptops atm .. They introduced me to soldering motherboard circuits :eek3: which is fun.

They're all really great down there, really fun aswell The owner and the manager are always cussing each other. Its a nice relaxed environment, not like other workplaces that are real serious.

I'm basically just a junior engineer/technician.

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing unpaid work at the local computer store for an unlimited amount of time for some work experience. The owner is checking into govt funded schemes so I can earn a wage without them having to fork out (they're a small business and fully staffed so they can't really afford to pay for another at the moment). But in return for now they're training me in exchange for my help + staff prices(ie I get stuff for the prices they buy them for) needless an unlimited amount of software and games from their servers!

I've been there about a month or so, its really neat.. At the moment they're clearing out so i'm giving them a hand.. mainly salvaging components that they can use for 2nd hand pcs; I've also done a few 2nd hand pcs for them.

Stripping laptops atm .. They introduced me to soldering motherboard circuits :eek3: which is fun.

They're all really great down there, really fun aswell The owner and the manager are always cussing each other. Its a nice relaxed environment, not like other workplaces that are real serious.

I will admit soldering can be fun :grin: I am currently doing my Electronics a-level so I tend to do quiet a bit and also when I get bored I tend to make stuff out of old broken junk.

The last thing I made was a remote control boat out of the remains of a old remote control car (mainly the remote control parts because I am not sure how they work) and some other junk I found lying around. It wasn't to bad once I had finished not that fast but it was still pretty good :grin:

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding, being a stripper must be alot of fun :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hello Kag :emog:

I hate soldering. I burnt my finger on a soldering iron in GCSE electronics and swore I'd never go near one again. :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding, being a stripper must be alot of fun :awesome:

:teeth:

ReputationRep:

Sounds fun. :yes: I love workplaces with a fun and relaxing atmosphere and animated people. :cute: Which is why i'd rather die than be in an office. :erm:

How are you? Coping well with the tediousness of your work?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Kag :emog:

I hate soldering. I burnt my finger on a soldering iron in GCSE electronics and swore I'd never go near one again. :stomp:
    Meh I have done that a few times, it's not as bad as getting a electric shock off a 20v (luckily a very low current supply seeing as it's the current that kills you) which hurt like holy hell.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Welcome back Alex. I'm glad to read that you've had a nice holiday. :smile:

As for me, I was lounging in some executive VIP booth at the o2 Arena today, watching the basketball. Having a friend who is an investment banker at Credit Suisse has its perks. :giggle:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.