Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Funnily enough, there was a Japanese employee and his wife in the booth. I befriended them, exchanged numbers, and we're planning to meet up at one point, apparently. :giggle:
    Careful. They'll invite you to their home and encase you in a robot suit; thereby producing the first cyborg of the world who they will affectionately name - or keep the name - Aiko.

I actually asked the staff if I could sit down below and she just looked at me with a confused expression on her face and said "no". :sad:
    :console: Couldn't've you have just left the booth? :erm:

I somehow doubt this would happen. :tongue:
    You underestimate the beast which lies dormant inside Luke. :indiff:

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Communist China should become Imperial China :3
    Something i've been advocating for quite some time. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    :teeth:

Can I play? :puppyeyes:
    If you have a 4th Edition Players Handbook and a means of getting to Shrewsbury then I don't see why not :p:

Nonsense. You're too tasty not to eat :drool:
    ... :sigh:

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :giggle: I must play one day. :yes: How long do the games last? Couldn't the DM just make it absurdly difficult with monsters and demons jumping out left and right?
    Games last as long as the DM makes them last. Today we had a five hour game but they can range from anywhere between one and ten hours at a time depending on how hardcore you are.

The longest game I played was seven hours long!

The DM could make it insanely difficult but the idea of the game is to challenge the players and make it fun. It's no fun if you end up with a Total Party Wipeout (TPW) unless you have a particularly sadistic DM.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Careful. They'll invite you to their home and encase you in a robot suit; thereby producing the first cyborg of the world who they will affectionately name - or keep the name - Aiko.
    :sad:

:console: Couldn't've you have just left the booth? :erm:
    I couldn't, otherwise I'd miss the basketball. I couldn't just waltz into the area below without a designated ticket. :tongue:

You underestimate the beast which lies dormant inside Luke. :indiff:
    I've learnt to never underestimate anything, especially the man I married. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    If you have a 4th Edition Players Handbook and a means of getting to Shrewsbury then I don't see why not :p:

... :sigh:
    The second step is such an effortless task, but I bet those books are purposely difficult to come by, aren't they? :giggle:

Is it worth crawling to the top of Mount Doom to acquire such a dark book? :beard:

:cookie:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't, otherwise I'd miss the basketball. I couldn't just waltz into the area below without a designated ticket. :tongue:
    I'd imagine anywhere you waltzed exceptions would be made. :cute:

I've learnt to never underestimate anything, especially the man I married. :sadnod:
    Oh but men must be underestimated. It drives them to work harder in order to please their partner. :yes: Without psychological morale one would just end up with a common potato of a husband. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh but men must be underestimated. It drives them to work harder in order to please their partner. :yes: Without psychological morale one would just end up with a common potato of a husband. :sad:
    Don't give away the tricks of the trade to the other team :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    The second step is such an effortless task, but I bet those books are purposely difficult to come by, aren't they? :giggle:

Is it worth crawling to the top of Mount Doom to acquire such a dark book? :beard:

:cookie:
    You can get the book at Waterstones, though you may have to order it in. I bought mine on day of release :p:

ReputationRep:
    :indiff: Kag has been lying all along, he's really a 60 yr old woman with 40 years marriage experiance:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Games last as long as the DM makes them last. Today we had a five hour game but they can range from anywhere between one and ten hours at a time depending on how hardcore you are.

The longest game I played was seven hours long!

The DM could make it insanely difficult but the idea of the game is to challenge the players and make it fun. It's no fun if you end up with a Total Party Wipeout (TPW) unless you have a particularly sadistic DM.
    Makes me want to play now. :cute: Can't think of who would play with me though. :erm: I hope i'll never be selected to be DM - the game would never end. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    You can get the book at Waterstones, though you may have to order it in. I bought mine on day of release :p:
    you people and your Debate and Disscussion:no:

ReputationRep:
    Don't give away the tricks of the trade to the other team :hmmm:
    Oh no Alex. Women should never be underestimated. :indiff: Their monsters are far more ferocious than ours and much more intelligent. They will strike at your vulnerable spots with quick and efficient brutality. :afraid:

But they're cute so i like to play with them. :cute:

(Original post by vin)
    :indiff: Kag has been lying all along, he's really a 60 yr old woman with 40 years marriage experiance:eek:
    Well i'm never going to confide in you ever again. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Makes me want to play now. :cute: Can't think of who would play with me though. :erm: I hope i'll never be selected to be DM - the game would never end. :sigh:
    You need a reasonable DM. If you can't decide straight away then you can take it in turns with your friends.

(Original post by vin)
    you people and your Debate and Disscussion:no:
    :emog:

ReputationRep:
    sorry :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Not the sort of noble quest I was hoping for :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Not the sort of noble quest I was hoping for :sad:
    ... Sorry to disapoint you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no Alex. Women should never be underestimated. :indiff: Their monsters are far more ferocious than ours and much more intelligent. They will strike at your vulnerable spots with quick and efficient brutality. :afraid:

But they're cute so i like to play with them. :cute:
    You're playing with fire :no:

ReputationRep:
    ... Sorry to disapoint you.
    No worries :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    You're playing with fire :no:
    The fires cute and relatively harmless to me who can handle the fire.

You need a reasonable DM. If you can't decide straight away then you can take it in turns with your friends.
    Question: What does the rulebook do if the whole thing is imagination?

ReputationRep:
    The fires cute and relatively harmless to me who can handle the fire.

Question: What does the rulebook do if the whole thing is imagination?
    Poor deluded child :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Wow... Only just realised there is a general chat forum....And ah the good old DnD days, Haven't played that in a while

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.