Woop! :dance:

http://www.edwardelric.com/wallpaper...-1280x1024.jpg

:woo: Yay for fma!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chipie)
    *sqee* wasn't the latest manga funny? xD

In other news anyone caught up with Kemono no souja Erin? :woo: :woo:

I will in future Matisse-chan~ Thanks! :redface:
    I love the Skip Beat manga - although it is dragging on abit now :erm: Kyoko is a brilliant character.

Dropped Kemono quite early on as I was bored out of my mind :s: Did it get better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I love the Skip Beat manga - although it is dragging on abit now :erm: Kyoko is a brilliant character.

Dropped Kemono quite early on as I was bored out of my mind :s: Did it get better?
    :rolleyes: Next manga should be amazing. Alot of energy in it :yes:

Kemono! Yes it gets better! I love the songs :woo: :desu:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    hello
    I confess, I abandoned the AnimeSoc because I felt swamped by everyone's anime and manga knowledge/experience. :sigh: I've been a member for years though! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamsComeTrue.)
    Yay for fma!
    Why am I only just watching this great anime?! I think the 'metal' in the title put me off. :rolleyes:
    What's the deal with Brotherhood? Is it supposed to be any good? I might watch it when I've finished FMA... 9 episodes to go! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I confess, I abandoned the AnimeSoc because I felt swamped by everyone's anime and manga knowledge/experience. :sigh: I've been a member for years though! :yes:
    :lurk: :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    There's people with all different levels of knowledge in the AniSoc - we don't bite I swear! :p:.....well except maybe Vin :erm:

FMA: Brotherhood is a remake that will be following the manga plotline. The original anime (which was excellent IMO) only followed the manga for a wee while and went off in its own direction, reaching a completely different conclusion in the sequel movie 'Conqueror of Shamballa'. This was mainly because hardly any of the manga had been written at that point so BONES decided to make up their own plotline :yep:

However now the manga is up to chapter 97 - and the plot is nearing its conclusion. Brotherhood will be following the proper manga storyline to the end. Its been excellent thus far - the pacing is wonderful and the production quality is even better that it was for the original anime (I still love the original though - but I also love the manga )

ReputationRep:
    There's people with all different levels of knowledge in the AniSoc - we don't bite I swear! .....well except maybe Vin

FMA: Brotherhood is a remake that will be following the manga plotline. The original anime (which was excellent IMO) only followed the manga for a wee while and went off in its own direction, reaching a completely different conclusion in the sequel movie 'Conqueror of Shamballa'. This was mainly because hardly any of the manga had been written at that point so BONES decided to make up their own plotline

However now the manga is up to chapter 97 - and the plot is nearing its conclusion. Brotherhood will be following the proper manga storyline to the end. Its been excellent thus far - the pacing is wonderful and the production quality is even better that it was for the original anime (I still love the original though - but I also love the manga )
    Oh good! I'll add that to the list then. Might be a bit confusing watching them back to back though. :erm: I'll wait until they're all finished! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    awesome first post Tru

woo new thread :party:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anime sucks

ReputationRep:
    *pokes new thread*

Hello :hi:

ReputationRep:
    I wanaaaa Join

ReputationRep:
    not everyone has alot of knowledge, personally I think everyones humoring me:sad:

There's people with all different levels of knowledge in the AniSoc - we don't bite I swear! :p:.....well except maybe Vin :erm:
    :sadnod:completely true, though I havnt bitten anyone in a long while

ReputationRep:
    Aw crap I missed the grand opening ceremony <_<

I haven't been with it today 'cause I'm ill :emo:

Good job tru :emog:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    As mentioned, everyone in this society has been watching anime and reading manga for different lengths of time. Accordingly, we all have different preferences and experiences, which is rather useful when recommending series to each other. In fact, there are many active members in the society that had seen practically nothing when they first joined, but were almost guided by those that had seen more. So, in a sense, having less "knowledge" or "experience" can prove more beneficial. Lastly, we have a general chat thread (this one we're posting in) that doesn't necessarily involve anime or manga discussion. Just a place for us to chat amongst ourselves, whilst sharing a common interest. I implore you to continue posting. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    Wow my AAM thread has been there for two hours, and not a single person has viewed it :awesome:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    In other news anyone caught up with Kemono no souja Erin? :woo: :woo:
    Long time no see.

Regrettably I didn't pick it up. I watched very few series from last Winter, and for some reason I decided that White Album would be a better option. :yucky: I'll definitely go back to it, but probably not until its finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Aw crap I missed the grand opening ceremony <_<

I haven't been with it today 'cause I'm ill :emo:

Good job tru :emog:
    you still have your cold:curious:

(Original post by Truered)
    Wow my AAM thread has been there for two hours, and not a single person has viewed it :awesome:
    what was the title :s:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Matisse)
    As mentioned, everyone in this society has been watching anime and reading manga for different lengths of time. Accordingly, we all have different preferences and experiences, which is rather useful when recommending series to each other. In fact, there are many active members in the society that had seen practically nothing when they first joined, but were almost guided by those that had seen more. So, in a sense, having less "knowledge" or "experience" can prove more beneficial. Lastly, we have a general chat thread (this one we're posting in) that doesn't necessarily involve anime or manga discussion. Just a place for us to chat amongst ourselves, whilst sharing a common interest. I implore you to continue posting. :smile:
    When I first joined I didn't know the difference between anime and manga, hadn't considered watching anime (the one you get on DVDs, that is, not the books :p:) in any other language than English, and thought Tokyopop were the best publishers ever. :rofl: TSR anime soc helped me when I was completely new to it all, introduced me to some of the more popular and/or classic series, and from there I eventually got more curious and went looking for series that I'd never heard anyone else mention here at the time. :yes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.