Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the rep pudding :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Bah! I ordered a neoprene sleeve for my netbook, and the dimensions listed were fine for my netbook. But it arrived today and doesn't fit ... so I've got to see if Play will even accept the return as technically it isn't faulty, they just listed dimensions that wouldn't fit, saying that they would. I hope they will accept the return, otherwise I'm out £10 - and we British wont waste £10 on anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    Thanks for the rep pudding :grin:
    No problem!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    Once again your work is brilliant :grin: when I get round to doing mine for my coursework I don't think it will look that good sadly :sad: awesome work any way :grin:
    Thank you for the kind words, it's appreciated. :smile: - In truth, I dislike defining my line-work, hence everything is still very sketchy. To compensate, I've added an additional overlay layer and applied an airbrush with a sepia undertone, along with few textures, to give some weight. Those that have commented before on this technique have said it complements the sketchy approach to my line-work, including a select few anime/manga artists. I'm going to start adding the dialogue soon, both in Japanese and English, to complete my first actual chapter. :laugh: - Thanks again. :smile:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    :wavey:
    I need eat breakfast...

How is everyone today?
    Terrified, yet strangely calm
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Bah! I ordered a neoprene sleeve for my netbook, and the dimensions listed were fine for my netbook. But it arrived today and doesn't fit ... so I've got to see if Play will even accept the return as technically it isn't faulty, they just listed dimensions that wouldn't fit, saying that they would. I hope they will accept the return, otherwise I'm out £10 - and we British wont waste £10 on anything!
    Hey LLoT, that's definitely annoying. I had the same thing happen at Habitat, the furniture store. In regard to wasting £10. I do that too much. I guess I'm not a true British person. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Terrified, yet strangely calm
    :hugs: Why are you terrified to begin with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Hello Tru-pyon, JWH. :hugs:

Oh yes, JWH, I've uploaded a few snippets of the manga I'm working on to my blog. You can access it by clicking the illustration of the schoolgirl in my signature. I'm also glad that you've sorted your toothache out. :smile:
    I'm still waiting for the TSR manga :awesome:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    I'm still waiting for the TSR manga :awesome:
    I'll wait for Kagu's "light novel" to finish first. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Hey LLoT, that's definitely annoying. I had the same thing happen at Habitat, the furniture store. In regard to wasting £10. I do that too much. I guess I'm not a true British person. :sad:
    Somehow I ordered two volumes of the same manga. With that wasted £5.60 I could have got a volume of Negima :huff:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Somehow I ordered two volumes of the same manga. With that wasted £5.60 I could have got a volume of Negima :huff:
    One to keep on the shelf and one to keep next to the toilet? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait for Kagu's "light novel" to finish first. :tongue:
    Someone needs to draw a picture of vin as his her two year old evil alterego :p:

I nominate AJ :woo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: Why are you terrified to begin with?
    work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    work
    :sad: I can't really help you there... :console: I hope you feel better soon.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :sad: I can't really help you there... :console: I hope you feel better soon.
    Keep your toesies crossed

It's my first close on my own
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Someone needs to draw a picture of vin as his her two year old evil alterego :p:

I nominate AJ :woo:
    That reminds me, what happened to the Kent Anime Mascot turned Tsuruya/Nyoro~n image? Did that amount to anything in the competition you mentioned? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the kind words, it's appreciated. :smile: - In truth, I dislike defining my line-work, hence everything is still very sketchy. To compensate, I've added an additional overlay layer and applied an airbrush with a sepia undertone, along with few textures, to give some weight. Those that have commented before on this technique have said it complements the sketchy approach to my line-work, including a select few anime/manga artists. I'm going to start adding the dialogue soon, both in Japanese and English, to complete my first actual chapter. :laugh: - Thanks again. :smile:
    I liked the sketchiness of it :grin: . I am glad you are doing the dialogue in english as well though otherwise I would have no idea what they will be saying lol.

I also think a TSR manga would be awesome :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me, what happened to the Kent Anime Mascot turned Tsuruya/Nyoro~n image? Did that amount to anything in the competition you mentioned? :tongue:
    A week or two ago apparently there was a grand total of three submissions (including mine) :awesome:

No winnar chosen yet :awesome:

BTW, how's the header going? :ninja: Last I saw you were creating a fragrance brand :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    I liked the sketchiness of it :grin: . I am glad you are doing the dialogue in english as well though otherwise I would have no idea what they will be saying lol.

I also think a TSR manga would be awesome :ninja:
    Yes, I'm thinking of writing the kana/latin text myself, to coincide with the illustrative look of the manga itself. Either that, or I'll need to add some texturing to the word-processed characters. Anyway, I'm glad you like the sketchy approach. :smile:

Please do post the 'manga' series you're hoping to partially produce for your school art project. I'd love to see it. :smile:

Kagu began a very promising novel involving the anime society. Once he has made more progress, something could be arranged. :tongue:

A week or two ago apparently there was a grand total of three submissions (including mine) :awesome:

No winnar chosen yet :awesome:

BTW, how's the header going? :ninja: Last I saw you were creating a fragrance brand :mmm:
    I hope it wins. :tongue: - I have a question regarding the header, do you want me to create an entirely new header? As in, I will also create and/or source the background image too? If not, could you provide the image without the text? :o:

ReputationRep:

I hope it wins. :tongue: - I have a question regarding the header, do you want me to create an entirely new header? As in, I will also create and/or source the background image too? If not, could you provide the image without the text? :o:
    Looking at the pic, the quality seems a bit iffy, so if you wanted to choose some/one I'll leave it to you :awesome:

If you find you want to try a couple instead of just one, I have eight weeks of free time to study each one :awesome: :p:

*(from my experience with other creative people on other forums they like to have a few different designs so I thought you might be the same too :p: )

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.