Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    My knee cracked :emo:

It was loud
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Looking at the pic, the quality seems a bit iffy, so if you wanted to choose some/one I'll leave it to you :awesome:

If you find you want to try a couple instead of just one, I have eight weeks of free time to study each one :awesome: :p:

*(from my experience with other creative people on other forums they like to have a few different designs so I thought you might be the same too :p: )
    I'll probably stick with the one for the time being. If I have free rein, I'll probably create an image whereby the type is the central piece and the images will compliment it. I wouldn't just slap on some text to an image. It might be worth altering your blog theme to match the header too. We'll see. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading out now for an epic (hopefully) Dungeons and Dragons campaign. :awesome:

Talk to you guys later :flip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I'll probably stick with the one for the time being. If I have free rein, I'll probably create an image whereby the type is the central piece and the images will compliment it.
    :girl:

I wouldn't just slap on some text to an image. It might be worth altering your blog theme to match the header too. We'll see. :tongue:
    That's why I didn't like my current one :awesome:

But it had Naga and Lina so I used it :teeth:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Maybe I'll add some animation to Tru-pyon's header, but I wonder whether Wordpress.com permits that...

See you Charlotte. I'm not sure what Dungeons and Dragons is (I seem to remember you telling me, but I've forgotten. :o:). Have fun. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :girl:

That's why I didn't like my current one :awesome:

But it had Naga and Lina so I used it :teeth:
    Vin-kin inquired why I didn't have a header for my new blog. I deliberately wanted to keep everything minimal, especially considering I've employed the use of fairly large images for each blog entry. If I had to add a "header" of sorts to my blog, it would be a transparent anime character that wraps around the left side of the white box (with the possibility of that changing each time you refreshed with java). That would require a lot of work, though. :sadnod:

Your blog is on my ever-growing RSS feed. Like Cara, I immediately know that it's you that's written the entry. You have a distinguishable style. :giggle:

ReputationRep:

Your blog is on my ever-going RSS feed. Like Cara, I immediately know that it's you that's written the entry. You have a distinguishable style. :giggle:
    I was just wondering, what is my 'style'? Obviously I'm just writing what comes to me, so it's hard to step back and "see it".

I know there's a sarcastic streak in in :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I was just wondering, what is my 'style'? Obviously I'm just writing what comes to me, so it's hard to step back and "see it".

I know there's a sarcastic streak in in :mmm:
    The style.

In all seriousness, I think it's because I read your posts on here regularly, thus I have acquired a certain awareness of your mannerisms and quirks. Most of the blogs I follow are quite formal too. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm not formal? Hopefully- even though it may not always work, as well as providing my thoughts etc I always want it to be entertaining :mmm:

Which is why writing dry psychology reports/essays is :yucky: I can remember I use to throw the occasional sarcastic comment into A-level essays :mmm:

Also:

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland's president signed into law on Thursday a crack down on gangland crime and a defamation bill which imposes a fine for blasphemy, both of which have been strongly criticised by lawyers.....

The separate defamation bill, which imposes a fine of up to 25,000 euros (21,500 pounds) for blasphemy, has also been criticised by opponents in the traditionally Catholic country.

It replaces a law that sets a prison sentence for blasphemy and the government has said the Irish constitution requires the offence must continue to be punished.

Abolishing the crime altogether would require a referendum which it says would be too costly and "distracting" to organise.
    :lolwut:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So I'm not formal? Hopefully- even though it may not always work, as well as providing my thoughts etc I always want it to be entertaining :mmm:

Which is why writing dry psychology reports/essays is :yucky: I can remember I use to throw the occasional sarcastic comment into A-level essays :mmm:

Also:

:lolwut:
    Oh yes, it's definitely entertaining. :giggle: - Compared to the other resources I follow, your blog is more personal, as it should be. Generally, the more personal, the less formal. This is a good thing. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I slapped some text on a picture for my header! :laugh: It suits me fine though - does the job :ahee:

I have a tendancy to write in quite short sentances that almost come across like bullet points........think that this is because I write like that in work when making notes during meetings :p: At the other extreme there are also a massive amount of long run-on sentances where I seem to have forgotten what a full-stop or comma is :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I slapped some text on a picture for my header! :laugh: It suits me fine though - does the job :ahee:

I have a tendancy to write in quite short sentances that almost come across like bullet points........think that this is because I write like that in work when making notes during meetings :p: At the other extreme there are also a massive amount of long run-on sentances where I seem to have forgotten what a full-stop or comma is :awesome:
    Sometimes I have a great* idea but find I've forgotten what my point was halfway through the sentence :giggle: Usually when writing an essay :stomp:

*to me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I just thought of something, if you can Aiko go by (part of) the title at the top of my blog. I only chose Truered's musings as I didn't want to splatter text across the pic. Unless you're already done.

And if you do use hau au, Hanyu :puppyeyes: I can never find decent source pictures :emo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I also approach my reviews (or much of what I write on TSR) with little direction. I've discarded the idea of categorising my reviews into sections (production, plot, characters, etc.), because it seemed more of an after thought. I just hope that my reviews have some coherency and structure. :sadnod:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ooooh I just thought of something, if you can Aiko go by (part of) the title at the top of my blog. I only chose Truered's musings as I didn't want to splatter text across the pic. Unless you're already done.

And if you do use hau au, Hanyu :puppyeyes: I can never find decent source pictures :emo:
    I was planning to stick with 'Truered's Musings', but if you want it changed, that's something you'll need to choose. I'm not sure I could name your blog. As for finding pictures, I'll see what I can do. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I separate my reviews into sections to organise my thoughts, as otherwise I'd just ramble about whatever popped into my head next - making the 'review' seem more like a rant (like that Harry Potter post in my blog) :laugh: I seem to have settled into this pattern quite early on now that I'm looking back at my past reviews.......some of the earliest ones were only a couple of lines and are utterly dull (shall be writing those when I get to them :laugh:)

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to stick with 'Truered's Musings', but if you want it changed, that's something you'll need to choose. I'm not sure I could name your blog. As for finding pictures, I'll see what I can do. :tongue:
    Shortly after posting I thought I might as well stick with the musings title. Short and to the point :yes:

Then I can claim to be a related blog to Cara's ramblings :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I separate my reviews into sections to organise my thoughts, as otherwise I'd just ramble about whatever popped into my head next - making the 'review' seem more like a rant (like that Harry Potter post in my blog) :laugh: I seem to have settled into this pattern quite early on now that I'm looking back at my past reviews.......some of the earliest ones were only a couple of lines and are utterly dull (shall be writing those when I get to them :laugh:)
    Tags:
    Fangirling
    ramblings
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I chose Ramblings as thats quite often what my teachers wrote over sections of my essays. "Rambling here Marsha - what is the point you're trying to make?" that or just red lines through entire paragraphs with "Rambling" written beside it :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Tags:
    Fangirling
    ramblings
    :mmm:
    :ahee:

EDIT: Oh blah, back to work time :getmecoat:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.