Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    That's my attitude most of the time :mmm:

But I lived with one last year...urgh. Still remember him and his friends having a group **** because he got elected- he was the only one running for that position so it was him or NSC :hahaha:
    wow living with one, i feel for you :console:

a group ****? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Also Japan's left the recession apparently. An excuse to hide the true fact of going there for the animes :mmm:
    :laugh: indeed :ninja:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How? Tell me more...I'm bored and want something to read :giggle:

:waffo:
    Well the guild meetings were just so boring, and completely irrelevent to Anime and Card soc so exactly why we had to attend I don't know. But they required two members of committee from each society, and since I could put my name down for both at once I ended up going to them all.

Basically we arrived at ~6:30, and were greeted by people handing out headphones in case any Welsh-English translations were needed. But they were never used, which is just as well since there were never enough to go around. Then we sat down, listened to the student council droning on about the constitution and motions and the voting procedure etc. :yawn: And then we'd get to vote on things like 'should we be allowed to put leaflets for the elections through people's letterboxes?', which was followed by at least 30 minutes of people arguing things like 'no, it's a waste of paper!'. :indiff: And these meetings would last anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours. And sometimes they clashed with anime society. They weren't that often at least, that was a small mercy.

We (mainly Katana, Corone, Pudding and I) always talked about doing things like showing up, sitting on the front seats and playing Pokemon on the Nintendo DS, or banging desks and shouting 'coup d'etat' repeatedly if the council got annoying, but we never did anything in the end. We like having a society, afterall. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Also Japan's left the recession apparently. An excuse to hide the true fact of going there for the animes :mmm:
    You've been in this soc how long and you make a mistake like that:mad2:

its either just anime or animoo's:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    lol i was about to point that out but i felt lazy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Well I definitely don't do it to annoy vin.

ReputationRep:
    :nah:

ReputationRep:

:wtf: their voces clash horribly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :nyoron:
    :console:

Three hours? :zomg:

Should have turned up in something like this http://www.zazzle.co.uk/desu_now_wit...22584821812361 :mmm:

*I tried searching for various other series but found nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooooooooo

I'm tired :yawn: well what be everyone up to then.

I myself am currently waiting for FMA:B 20 to finish downloading after accidentally downloading one with Italian sub titles :sad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What is "animoo's", exactly? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    What is "animoo's", exactly? :erm:
    the plural:hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    the plural:hmmm:
    Without the apostrophe, what is animoo? I've noticed this used before on here, namely by you, but I have no idea what it is. I presume it's some alteration of the word 'anime' or 'animeshon'? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Without the apostrophe, what is animoo? I've noticed this used before on here, namely by you, but I have no idea what it is. I presume it's some alteration of the word 'anime' or 'animeshon'? :o:
    animoo is nothing:indiff:

Animoo's is the plural of anime, because if people simply must put s on the end of everything then this is the term to use.I invented it.:proud:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    animoo is nothing:indiff:

Animoo's is the plural of anime, because if people simply must put s on the end of everything then this is the term to use.I invented it.:proud:
    The word 'anime' (and 'manga', for that matter) is the same for both the plural and the singular, thus is a mass noun. In Japanese, there isn't a way to distinguish between the two.

ReputationRep:
    The word 'anime' (and 'manga', for that matter) is the same for both the plural and the singular, thus is a mass noun. In Japanese, there isn't a way to distinguish between the two.
    wikipedia old me that ages ago:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon :hi:

ReputationRep:
    Is this a general rule?

ReputationRep:
    Imma go invest in some shares this week :yes:

ReputationRep:
    All this plural and singular stuff is confusing me.

I'm going to have a game of kingdom hearts I thinks

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.