Why not? :s:
    because it would ruin the image I have of her :puppyeyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Everything is 99p.

I sound real cheap now :indiff: :p:
    Even items that are normally priced cheaper elsewhere? Ah, deviant marketing. :tongue: - And not at all, regarding the merchandise is the same, paying 99p for each item is ideal. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    99p is far more attractive than £1, yup. :tongue: - Is everything priced at 99p or are some items cheaper? I'm sorry for all the questions. I've seen them in some areas of London but I've never actually gone in. I might next time I see one. :tongue:
    I've seen stuff before that isn't 99p, such as single serve drinks/sweets they do in my local shop,
    They also sometimes do offers such as 1/2 price and Buy2 get 1 free

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, even though this is online, surely you wouldn't tease a girl like that in person? And if you do, do they respond favourably? :tongue:
    Depends on the girl. :mmm:

Why is it ok to tease guys like that, but not girls? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Even items that are normally priced cheaper elsewhere? Ah, deviant marketing. :tongue: - And not at all, regarding the merchandise is the same, paying 99p for each item is ideal. :yes:
    Its not ideal when you slowly fill up your wallet/purse with 1p's from change :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Look what my sister drew. I wish I were half as good as this =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klincoln)
    I've seen stuff before that isn't 99p, such as single serve drinks/sweets they do in my local shop,
    :ditto:
    I forgot about that :p:

(Original post by vin)
    because it would ruin the image I have of her :puppyeyes:
    Ok. I'm glad I have a bad image.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Aberystwyth will soon have a Pound Land where Woolworths used to be, typical that such a place shows up after I graduate. Would come in handy if I end up living and working in Aber this year though, as I'll have to keep costs to the bare minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Pound Land never has anything good. You're much better off going to Aldi or Lidl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    :ditto:
    I forgot about that :p:

Ok. I'm glad I have a bad image.
    :console:I go in there too:sad:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Pound Land never has anything good. You're much better off going to Aldi or Lidl.
    those places have tramps piss type booze:yes:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They even have half price and buy two get one free offers? :eek:

Depends on the girl. :mmm:

Why is it ok to tease guys like that, but not girls? :sad:
    Etiquette. :sadnod:

Its not ideal when you slowly fill up your wallet/purse with 1p's from change :rolleyes:
    True, but I don't normally carry cash anyway. :nah:

Look what my sister drew. I wish I were half as good as this =/

Not bad, she has the basic line-work in place. I seem to remember your sister being quite young too? :smile:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I went to LIDL for food, and energy drinks, great place. But most other things I got at Co-Op, only because it was closer to my student accommodation. If I'm living in town I doubt I'll ever need to go in there again, high prices and not a big selection. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :console:I go in there too:sad:

those places have tramps piss type booze:yes:
    I know. Don't go there for booze. They have even worse **** at £land.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I generally shop at M&S and Waitrose for my food and other necessities. Lately, I've been going to Sainsbury's since moving to Richmond. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've never seen these stores nor heard of them. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Etiquette. :sadnod:

Not bad, she has the basic line-work in place. I seem to remember your sister being quite young too? :smile:
    I'm polite, but the list of things you cannot say to a girl is irritating :mmm:

Louise says thanks. I'm trying to convince her that she in fact does have good artistic potential, despite her wish to throw away alot of her drawings. She is young yet, at 12.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen these stores nor heard of them. :sad:
    They tend to be in suburban areas. You might like them, as they are quiet and simple places to shop.

I admit, I prefer Morrison's and Sainsbury's, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm polite, but the list of things you cannot say to a girl is irritating :mmm:
    The thing is I would never say things like that to any of the guys on here anyway... which I why I expected the same treatment.

I point out innuendos sometimes but that's about it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I rarely go near M&S. Way outside my price range. The same would go for Waitrose, if there was one within 100 miles of where I live anyway. :p:

I've never been inside a Netto though, there's one fairly nearby but it's in an area I never visit. I do want to go in there one day though, as I think I've shopped in pretty much every other well known supermarket chain at least once.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.