ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    you still have your cold:curious:

what was the title :s:
    Title= "New society thread!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Title= "New society thread!"
    did you not put anime society in the title :s: not like it would have made much difference:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    :emog:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    When I first joined I didn't know the difference between anime and manga, hadn't considered watching anime (the one you get on DVDs, that is, not the books :p:) in any other language than English, and thought Tokyopop were the best publishers ever. :rofl: TSR anime soc helped me when I was completely new to it all, introduced me to some of the more popular and/or classic series, and from there I eventually got more curious and went looking for series that I'd never heard anyone else mention here at the time. :yes:
    Your growth is similar to a main character in some long-running shonen series. :giggle: - In all seriousness, I'm still amazed at how your interest in anime and manga manifested in such a short period, not to mention in such great depth. I wasn't aware, however, that the society on this forum was largely accountable for it. It's nice to see that you became its co-leader too, almost to give something back to it, which you have in abundance. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    This is why Cara should be a mod -__-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    This is why Cara should be a mod -__-
    :yes:

Nice opening Tru :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Cara would be a crap mod :erm:

And she is going to bed now.........night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Cara would be a crap mod :erm:

And she is going to bed now.........night!
    Night Cara :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    haha, yeah, don't worry.

Everyone has to start somewhere At least over here you will have other anime fans to recommend and to discuss shows with.

When i first started watching anime, me and my friend would just go on myanimelist and then go through the top anime list to decide what we would watch.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I more or less just followed the advice of the more senior Anime soc members and nobody else right up until I went to Aberystwyth. As I've mentioned before the committee at the time wasn't particularly brilliant, but they introduced me to some great series and gave me the idea of looking online for anime, so I can't complain too much. :p: Once I found a n00b-friendly download site, I just picked a series at random without caring about it's popularity, looked it up (with Wikipedia as my main source of info) and if it seemed interesting I went for it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    lol it's so surprising how much we've ended up watching. It's not that difficult thanks to the internet tbh, just make a list of interesting shows and then you will just end up watching more.

Sad thing is, that most of us probably never had any friends who could've taken the journey with us lol. Just think it would've been really fun, if say, we had a set of friends who loved anime and could go over to each others to watch etc.

Most of our discussion and love for anime is just through the computer screen:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Night Cara :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O Maestro)
    lol it's so surprising how much we've ended up watching. It's not that difficult thanks to the internet tbh, just make a list of interesting shows and then you will just end up watching more.

Sad thing is, that most of us probably never had any friends who could've taken the journey with us lol. Just think it would've been really fun, if say, we had a set of friends who loved anime and could go over to each others to watch etc.

Most of our discussion and love for anime is just through the computer screen:hmmmm:
    yeah kind of, no one really cared when I mentioned it, so I dont really now, but then I did make alot of friends who were already into anime:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    yeah kind of, no one really cared when I mentioned it, so I dont really now, but then I did make alot of friends who were already into anime:giggle:
    Of all the friends I made in my Biology course, not one of them liked anime. :sad:
    They think I'm crazy because sometimes I couldn't help relating things I heard in lectures to anime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    Of all the friends I made in my Biology course, not one of them liked anime. :sad:
    They think I'm crazy because sometimes I couldn't help relating things I heard in lectures to anime.
    :console:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    One other person on my course liked anime, not bad for a group of only about 8 people including me. :p: He didn't approve of the way we showed it in Aberanime though, apparently the speakers weren't good enough. Which is fair enough, they do suck, but we did our best with what the university gave us. Katana even fixed the settings so that the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP was audible, eventually. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I made one or two accquaintances who liked anime & mango, but I couldn't really relate to them. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    haha, it sucks so much.

What are you watching Mo ?

Oh, some anime called Bleach, want to watch ?

Yeah, might as well......WTF YOU'RE WATCHING CARTOONS

*runs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O Maestro)
    haha, it sucks so much.

What are you watching Mo ?

Oh, some anime called Bleach, want to watch ?

Yeah, might as well......WTF YOU'RE WATCHING CARTOONS

*runs*
    is the concept of watching cartoons or stuff thats animated really that alien:confused: people know theres stuff like south park that definitely isnt for children and others out there dont they:curious:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know, because South Park is American and in English as well.

Anime is Japanese and for some reason it has a weird stereotype about it

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.