• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Thanks for the strange cake, person who didn't sign their name :emo:
    Was it chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    I wish :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys ever been to the cinema on your own? I'm thinking of going tomorrow to see District 9 cos no one else will watch it with me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Have any of you guys ever been to the cinema on your own? I'm thinking of going tomorrow to see District 9 cos no one else will watch it with me :sad:
    :lovehug:

When I got back to Canterbury I might go see something by myself, as I want to go to the cinema that's a ten minute walk from the house at least once :mmm:

If anything good is playing :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :lovehug:

When I got back to Canterbury I might go see something by myself, as I want to go to the cinema that's a ten minute walk from the house at least once :mmm:

If anything good is playing :awesome:
    :lovie:

I'll probably end up going anyway. It's just oddly nervewracking to go on my own :s:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, timer's about to kick in. night :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :lovie:

I'll probably end up going anyway. It's just oddly nervewracking to go on my own :s:
    Watch out for the roving bands of cinema vikings :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Night Ro-pyon :hugs:

Watch out for the roving bands of cinema vikings :yes:
    :withstupid:

ReputationRep:
    Back from babysitting - managed to watch Kiki's Delivery Service and read 4 vols of the FMA manga

ReputationRep:
    Things are getting a bit heated in the East Asian contest to see which country can build the giant-est giant robot in all the land, as South Korea has unveiled plans to build a 364 foot tall robot.

Building gigantic statues of fictional giant robot seems to be all the rage in East Asia these days. Japan has done it twice now in a single year, with its life-size Gundam in Odaiba and Tetsujin in Kobe, but South Korea is now trying to one-up Japan at its own giant robot building game with the announcement of plans to erect an absolutely colossal giant robot in the city of Incheon.

The statue will be of Taekwon V, known stateside as Voltar the Invincible, and will stand some 364 feet tall, making it not only much bigger than the 59 and 60 foot statues in Japan, but roughly three times as tall as the Statue of Liberty itself. Giant robots are more important than freedom and liberty. I think that's the message that's being sent here.

The robot will be erected in the middle of something called Robot Land, a theme park in Incheon that's entirely devoted to everything and anything that has to do with robots. "Fun & Fantasy with Robot" is the English motto for the place, which should serve no doubt as the place where the robot uprising will begin when it opens to the public, along with its giant mascot, in 2013.

I for one am glad to see countries competing to build the biggest robot statues. Better that than a nuclear arms race, I say. "Build giant robot statues, not bombs," a new rallying cry for peace in the 21st century.
    :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Back from babysitting - managed to watch Kiki's Delivery Service and read 4 vols of the FMA manga
    Welcome back Cara :hugs:

What did the kids think of it?

You weren't grooming them for a lifetime of anime addiction, were you? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :yeah:

Today I lead four army units into battle against a demon rebellion, got thrown though a temporal portal head first and completely obliterated a dwarf with psychic damage so much that it exploded leaving only it's legs behind.
    Being a warlock is fun~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    :yeah:

Today I lead four army units into battle against a demon rebellion, got thrown though a temporal portal head first and completely obliterated a dwarf with psychic damage so much that it exploded leaving only it's legs behind.
    Being a warlock is fun~
    Hi Pudding. :jumphug:

Congratulations :awesome: You can't win against my Daemons though <_<

ReputationRep:
    :gah:
    364ft!?? :eek3:

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Welcome back Cara :hugs

What did the kids think of it?

You weren't grooming them for a lifetime of anime addiction, were you?:mmm:
    Twas only one 6 year old child (thank god) and she's so well behaved I don't mind minding her. She really liked Kiki, may lend her Totoro or Laputa next time :giggle:

Heading to bed! Night! :hugs: :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    364ft!?? :eek3:

Twas only one 6 year old child (thank god) and she's so well behaved I don't mind minding her. She really liked Kiki, may lend her Totoro or Laputa next time :giggle:

So you had to hide the yaoi :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi Pudding. :jumphug:

Congratulations :awesome: You can't win against my Daemons though <_<
    I can't win against things if they're too high a level.

Night night Cara :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    She's not ready for yaoi - Ghibli is an easy introduction - but she was also quite interested in my 'picture books' :laugh:

Just checked the stats on my blog - page hits have skyrocketed today! :shock: I was only having 3-4 visits per day for the last few weeks, but today I had nearly 70 hits! :woo:

EDIT: oh yes bed :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    She's not ready for yaoi - Ghibli is an easy introduction - but she was also quite interested in my 'picture books' :laugh:

Just checked the stats on my blog - page hits have skyrocketed today! :shock: I was only having 3-4 visits per day for the last few weeks, but today I had nearly 70 hits! :woo:

EDIT: oh yes bed :getmecoat:
    Night Cara, and congrats on the hits :woo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    \Night night smellies

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.