Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Definately will be :yes: Vista irritates the hell out of me with all its 'are you sure you want to do this' nonsense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    :woo:
    :whip:

Windows 7 :coma:

i mianaged to get subs working on MPC and its playing smoothly :woo: dunno what happened to Zoom Player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    definitely will be :yes: Vista irritates the hell out of me with all its 'are you sure you want to do this' nonsense!
    W7 has that aswell

You can turn that off changing security settings within the user account :P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    You can turn that off changing security settings within the user account :P
    Doesn't it ask you whether you're sure you want to do that as well? Sort of like one final annoyance before it's finally disabled. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! :jumphug: Liq!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Doesn't it ask you whether you're sure you want to do that as well? Sort of like one final annoyance before it's finally disabled. :p:
    Yes :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    No one is ever online from Anisoc when I go on :hmmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    There's rarely a time I'm not online these days, apart from when I'm watching anime. But I always check for new posts in the middle and at the end of each episode. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    No one is ever online from Anisoc when I go on :hmmm:
    I'm now here. I haven't done a great deal today. Mostly lazed around with the hubby, while posting on here and watching anime. We went for a brief walk, though.

How's things, Yuuki? :smile:

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine just a bit down, since sixth form has started and all.

A lot of my friends have also left the sixth form, so I'm not really looking forward to the rest of the year.

How's things with you Aiko? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching one piece all day :grin: I had forgotten how good it was, though I really can't remember why I stopped watching it in the first place.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I'm fine just a bit down, since sixth form has started and all.

A lot of my friends have also left the sixth form, so I'm not really looking forward to the rest of the year.

How's things with you Aiko? :p:
    That's unfortunate regarding your friends not being there anymore. Oh well, it's only one year and less room for distraction. You can focus primarily on your work. :tongue:

I'm doing okay. I've been moving around a lot lately. Luke's H1B visa is currently being processed, which is highly likely to be accepted. His agency has sponsored his transfer to NYC and as his wife I have a free passport too. We're temporarily renting and Luke has sold his house, so everything is starting to happen. I'm also intending to go back home to the family next month, only for a week, because it's my brother's graduation. That, and just to see the family. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    I've been watching one piece all day :grin: I had forgotten how good it was, though I really can't remember why I stopped watching it in the first place.
    James, I'm disappointed in you. :tongue: - Well, at the very least, you have plenty to catch up on. Not like me, who has to patiently wait each week for another episode. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    That's unfortunate regarding your friends not being there anymore. Oh well, it's only one year and less room for distraction. You can focus primarily on your work. :tongue:

I'm doing okay. I've been moving around a lot lately. Luke's H1B visa is currently being processed, which is highly likely to be accepted. His agency has sponsored his transfer to NYC and as his wife I have a free passport too. We're temporarily renting and Luke has sold his house, so everything is starting to happen. I'm also intending to go back home to the family next month, only for a week, because it's my brother's graduation. That, and just to see the family. :smile:
    So are you planning to move to NYC soon?

How come you and Luke have decided to move there? :o:
    If it's anything personal then just forget that I asked :p:

ReputationRep:
    James, I'm disappointed in you. :tongue: - Well, at the very least, you have plenty to catch up on. Not like me, who has to patiently wait each week for another episode. :tongue:
    In my defence I think it had something to do with the channel I used to watch it on was cancelled (I used to watch the dubbed version)

Well I'm on ep 145 so yes I do have a lot to catch up on :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    So are you planning to move to NYC soon?

How come you and Luke have decided to move there? :o:
    If it's anything personal then just forget that I asked :p:
    Luke has received a big promotion at the agency (BBH) he works at, but it's at their NYC branch. Luke has also expressed an interest in working abroad and this is the perfect opportunity for him. As for me, I'll be sacrificing my job, but I was only working on a temporary contract anyway. I'll be jobless when I go there and I'm not entirely sure whether I'm technically allowed to work. Fortunately, I have friends who chose to study and now work in NYC, along with students I befriended at CSM who were originally from NYC, namely Kiki who is a good friend of mine. She has her own design studio there and is keen for me to come onboard (an understatement, she is ecstatic). Whilst I really like London, probably my favourite city, I'm keen on moving too. It'll be a great experience. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JWH)
    In my defence I think it had something to do with the channel I used to watch it on was cancelled (I used to watch the dubbed version)

Well I'm on ep 145 so yes I do have a lot to catch up on :giggle:
    I've heard some nightmarish stories about the 4kids adaptation, which literally *******ised One Piece through excessive censorship. Good thing you're following the untouched Japanese original. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Luke has received a big promotion at the agency (BBH) he works at, but it's at their NYC branch. Luke has also expressed an interest in working abroad and this is the perfect opportunity for him. As for me, I'll be sacrificing my job, but I was only working on a temporary contract anyway. I'll be jobless when I go there and I'm not entirely sure whether I'm technically allowed to work. Fortunately, I have friends who chose to study and now work in NYC, along with students I befriended at CSM who were originally from NYC, namely Kiki who is a good friend of mine. She has her own design studio there and is keen for me to come onboard (an understatement, she is ecstatic). Whilst I really like London, probably my favourite city, I'm keen on moving too. It'll be a great experience. :smile:
    I can come and meet you :awesome:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I can come and meet you :awesome:
    Incorrect, you can live with me, fellow American. :tongue:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.