Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I checked my PM box and the last message I received from you was on Friday. Also, I didn't promise to sponsor you, although I probably should have. You did a great thing today, Juno. You have my respect, at the very least. :o:

I'm going to make some soup, I'll be back soon. :hugs:
    I just checked, and you got missed off the list :sad: But I'm sure I woulda told you earlier!

And yeah, you did promise. You were saying about how well paid your job is, and then promised to sponsor me £10 per mile :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find members for my pirate crew

Who wants to join ?

I'M CAPTAIN USOPP

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    And yeah, you did promise. You were saying about how well paid your job is, and then promised to sponsor me £10 per mile :indiff:
    I never said how well paid my job is, nor did I promise anything. :no:

(Original post by O Maestro)
    I'm trying to find members for my pirate crew

Who wants to join ?

I'M CAPTAIN USOPP

I want to join! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Evening all :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I also want to join :p:

Hi Cooro
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I never said how well paid my job is, nor did I promise anything. :no:

I want to join! :tongue:
    Yes you did!

OK, maybe you didn't. But since I came 6598th, I deserve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I also want to join :p:

Hi Cooro
    Hey Yuuki

ReputationRep:
    How you doing Cooro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    How you doing Cooro?
    Not too bad, thank you I went to London for the day yesterday, bought a couple of very nice jackets and nearly dislocated my shoulder on a bannister rail in the National Gallery. Today I've been doing not very much at all.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Not one of you morons missed Vin-kin.:mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Not one of you morons missed Vin-kin.:mad2:
    and you wonder why? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Not too bad, thank you I went to London for the day yesterday, bought a couple of very nice jackets and nearly dislocated my shoulder on a bannister rail in the National Gallery. Today I've been doing not very much at all.

How about you?
    Sounds like you had fun I've lived in London for 8 years now but I have never been to the national Gallery. Although I have been to some other museums :p:

I'm okay, haven't done much at all today either. I feel like the days are just passing me by :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    and you wonder why? :mmm:
    eww lolicon:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Sounds like you had fun I've lived in London for 8 years now but I have never been to the national Gallery. Although I have been to some other museums :p:

I'm okay, haven't done much at all today either. I feel like the days are just passing me by :p:
    Well, I've only got a week of holiday left before I'm back at uni. Much as I'd like to take it easy, I've got about 20 books to read this week before I go back. Sigh.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    review
    Well, it started several months ago when a few of us from work said we'd do a half marathon.

Then somehow yesterday arrived. The helpful hints said drink lots. So, I drank lots of Powerade. The helpful hints also said don't be on your feet too much, but I was working.

Then this morning I got up really early. I was excited. I was meeting everyone at 8.45, but ended up leaving my house at 8am, as I was ready and far too excited. Then I sat outside the meeting place for ages, listening to my mp3 player and signing.

The traffic was far better than we imagined, so we got there easily. We waited around a bit for the other member of our group, but didn't see him. So then we wandered to the start line, and got our photo taken by the newspaper.

More waiting, and then it was time to line up. We went near the middle, as although we thought everyone else had been faster than us we'd been scared by stories of the "sweeper bus" and we thought we'd need a head start.

The start was emotional. There's something about running with that many people, and it also feels naughty to be running down the middle of the road.

We did one mile uneventfully, then 2 miles, then 3. Then the dreaded sweeper bus caught us somewhere between 4 and 6 :eek: Luckily it wasn't compulsory to catch it, so the driver just gave us water and words of encouragement and left us to get on with it.

Then about mile 6 the pain started. Everything hurt. Then we were so slow that they started packing up and re-opening the roads. The water people were still there and so were the police, but they'd taken all the mile markers down so we didn't really know where we were. At one point we were walking along a road with no pavement and it didn't even have a grass verge, with cars going past. Very scary. But then somehow we got there.

I ran the last bit, because walking hurt too much. My manager tried to run, but she was better walking. She finished just behind me. I was 6598th :proud: in a time of 3 hours 28 mins and something seconds. Some people finished the full marathon before we completed our half.

But I did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    review
    Well, it started several months ago when a few of us from work said we'd do a half marathon.

Then somehow yesterday arrived. The helpful hints said drink lots. So, I drank lots of Powerade. The helpful hints also said don't be on your feet too much, but I was working.

Then this morning I got up really early. I was excited. I was meeting everyone at 8.45, but ended up leaving my house at 8am, as I was ready and far too excited. Then I sat outside the meeting place for ages, listening to my mp3 player and signing.

The traffic was far better than we imagined, so we got there easily. We waited around a bit for the other member of our group, but didn't see him. So then we wandered to the start line, and got our photo taken by the newspaper.

More waiting, and then it was time to line up. We went near the middle, as although we thought everyone else had been faster than us we'd been scared by stories of the "sweeper bus" and we thought we'd need a head start.

The start was emotional. There's something about running with that many people, and it also feels naughty to be running down the middle of the road.

We did one mile uneventfully, then 2 miles, then 3. Then the dreaded sweeper bus caught us somewhere between 4 and 6 :eek: Luckily it wasn't compulsory to catch it, so the driver just gave us water and words of encouragement and left us to get on with it.

Then about mile 6 the pain started. Everything hurt. Then we were so slow that they started packing up and re-opening the roads. The water people were still there and so were the police, but they'd taken all the mile markers down so we didn't really know where we were. At one point we were walking along a road with no pavement and it didn't even have a grass verge, with cars going past. Very scary. But then somehow we got there.

I ran the last bit, because walking hurt too much. My manager tried to run, but she was better walking. She finished just behind me. I was 6598th :proud: in a time of 3 hours 28 mins and something seconds. Some people finished the full marathon before we completed our half.

But I did it.
    well done:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    eww lolicon:indiff:
    Where? :eek:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Where? :eek:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :hello:
    Hello AJ.:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking that :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.