Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    All I've watched all day is ~6 eps of Blue Gender. I'm planning to finish that tomorrow. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    All I've watched all day is ~6 eps of Blue Gender. I'm planning to finish that tomorrow. :yes:
    I can only vaguely remember this series, but it was good. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I caught up on the backlog I accumulated from neglecting my usual viewing habits in favour of sorting out my PC :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by O Maestro)
    haha, i still don't know that many characters. Though i accidently came across a new One Piece picture showing the new characters:eek3: Some interesting looking characters lol.
    You have no idea. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O Maestro)
    I was meant to watch some eps as well, but football came on:ninja:
    :indiff:you suck

ReputationRep:
    :emog:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm going to watch anime tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    What ya gonna watch Juno?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I can only vaguely remember this series, but it was good. :yes:
    It will probably end up making my 5 star list. :yes: Unfortunately I could only find it dubtitled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    What ya gonna watch Juno?
    she's probably gonna watch Arthur and pretend its anime :erm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It will probably end up making my 5 star list. :yes: Unfortunately I could only find it dubtitled.
    Yeah, as with most of the series I watch, I saw this when it first broadcasted, which was a while back. If I can recall, 99? I should re-watch it again. Shame that you couldn't watch it with the original Japanese voice cast, they were all good, from what I can remember. I believe Nojima played the male lead too. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Dubtitled would refer to the subs matching the edited english script rather than the original japanese script - its very annoying when you're watching something and know that the subs are wrong -Official Naruto releases are particularly bad for dubtitling I've found
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Dubtitled would refer to the subs matching the edited english script rather than the original japanese script - its very annoying when you're watching something and know that the subs are wrong -Official Naruto releases are particularly bad for dubtitling I've found
    So, AJ was watching the series with the Japanese voice cast, only with subtitles that were following the edited English script? It's impossible to gain a literal translation anyway, even when fan-subtitled. Then again, I'm clueless when it comes to anything subtitled or dubbed. :o:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah, as with most of the series I watch, I saw this when it first broadcasted, which was a while back. If I can recall, 99? I should re-watch it again. Shame that you couldn't watch it with the original Japanese voice cast, they were all good, from what I can remember. I believe Nojima played the male lead too. :yes:
    I am watching it with the original voice cast, I just can't be sure that the subs actually match what they're saying sometimes. :s: The timing is way off in places as well.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but when no ones talking and theres subs on the screen you know somethings up :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've just looked up 'dubtitled' via Google, specifically Wikipedia, and I can see the dilemma. Jee, I have to admit, whenever I read something like this, I'm just glad I'm bilingual.

ReputationRep:
    Dubtitle your face :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Or when the character is saying quite a long sentance with at least 10 words in it and something like 'is that so' comes up as the translation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Or when the character is saying quite a long sentance with at least 10 words in it and something like 'is that so' comes up as the translation :rolleyes:
    :rofl: I bet some people think that at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked up 'dubtitled' via Google, specifically Wikipedia, and I can see the dilemma. Jee, I have to admit, whenever I read something like this, I'm just glad I'm bilingual.
    this is like the thing with Souten Kouro again

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.