No. :wtf:
Reply 7741
Matisse
No. :wtf:

Why not? You should be
Reply 7742
Juno
Why not? You should be

Well, I was insinuating my annoyance of Vin-kin using the ':wtf:' smiley, so... :tongue:

Morning Juno. :hugs:
Reply 7743
Matisse
Well, I was insinuating my annoyance of Vin-kin using the ':wtf:' smiley, so... :tongue:

Morning Juno. :hugs:

How do you say "I love you" in Japanese? In Junjou it sounds a bit like "Skeeto" and that's one of Muffin's many nicknames.
Reply 7744
Juno
How do you say "I love you" in Japanese? In Junjou it sounds a bit like "Skeeto" and that's one of Muffin's many nicknames.

Aishiteru is "I love you", and should only be used when you're genuinely serious. More casually, Daisuki, which is "I like you".
Reply 7745
Matisse
Aishiteru is "I love you", and should only be used when you're genuinely serious. More casually, Daisuki, which is "I like you".

I googled and found that, but neither of em look like they should be pronounced like skeeto :sad: :dontknow:

Hehe, is someone avoiding the swear filter :indiff:
Reply 7746
Juno
Hehe, is someone avoiding the swear filter :indiff:

Indeed, only when the intended word isn't applicable to the swear filter, which in this case it evidently isn't. :tongue:
Would 'suki to' make sense, maybe with some other words before or after?
Reply 7748
Matisse
Indeed, only when the intended word isn't applicable to the swear filter, which in this case it evidently isn't. :tongue:

I know *giggles*

Skeeto, anyway :smile:
Reply 7749
AngryJellyfish
Would 'suki to' make sense, maybe with some other words before or after?

Yes, although more commonly it would be 'suki dayo' for the male and 'suki yo' for the female. There's many variations, as you'd expect, and normally you'd say something like, "Watashi wa suki des". If anything, you'd rarely say 'Aishiteru' in person, it's culturally inappropriate, somewhat.
My student loan came through fully and on time :woo:

Edit: I'm also amazed at the amount of people who like anime that I've come across so far at uni! A lot of people seem to have a passing interest, while a couple seem fairly in to it.

Since I only have lectures 3 days of the week, I'll probably continue with learning hiragana :smile: Especially since I can't seem to download much anime at the moment ... downloaded last week's umineko and Bleach, but am having trouble with finding a decent site to direct download from :frown:
Reply 7751
LastLordofTime

Morning LLoT, how are you finding University life? :smile:
Reply 7752
LastLordofTime

Edit: I'm also amazed at the amount of people who like anime that I've come across so far at uni! A lot of people seem to have a passing interest, while a couple seem fairly in to it.

Since I only have lectures 3 days of the week, I'll probably continue with learning hiragana :smile: Especially since I can't seem to download much anime at the moment ... downloaded last week's umineko and Bleach, but am having trouble with finding a decent site to direct download from :frown:

so what are you buying me
Reply 7753
Matisse
Yes, although more commonly it would be 'suki dayo' for the male and 'suki yo' for the female. There's many variations, as you'd expect, and normally you'd say something like, "Watashi wa suki des". If anything, you'd rarely say 'Aishiteru' in person, it's culturally inappropriate, somewhat.

you should watch junjou and see what they say
University is cool :smile: Now that fresher's week is over (yaaawwwnnnnn) I will finally get to do some real stuff :smile: Had a lecture and practical session last week though on how to use the cameras (there's a lot of things to remember ... I almost put the tripod up wrong once XD And forgot to press record once :giggle: Good thing that take was only a practice run and not the real thing).

Tomorrow I have two lectures - one for Television Drama: Theory into Practice and another for Screenwriting for Television. However, the lecturer might not be in ... she was off last week due to family/personal issues, and is apparantly off for the beginning of this week, so it will depend on if they can find someone to cover or not :frown: I hope she/someone is in to do it as I don't want to wait until Thursday for my first lecture!
Reply 7755
LastLordofTime

You'll often find that at university, and usually the people you'd least expect to be into it too. :tongue:

Too bad about your internet connection, but at least you're trying to memorise the hiragana. How many can you remember and presumably you're also covering katakana too? :smile:
Reply 7756
LastLordofTime
University is cool :smile: Now that fresher's week is over (yaaawwwnnnnn) I will finally get to do some real stuff :smile: Had a lecture and practical session last week though on how to use the cameras (there's a lot of things to remember ... I almost put the tripod up wrong once XD And forgot to press record once :giggle: Good thing that take was only a practice run and not the real thing).

Tomorrow I have two lectures - one for Television Drama: Theory into Practice and another for Screenwriting for Television. However, the lecturer might not be in ... she was off last week due to family/personal issues, and is apparantly off for the beginning of this week, so it will depend on if they can find someone to cover or not :frown: I hope she/someone is in to do it as I don't want to wait until Thursday for my first lecture!

Seems like you're having fun. I have to admit, I giggled at the prospect of having trouble with the tripod and forgetting to press record. Honest mistakes. :giggle:
Reply 7757
Juno
you should watch junjou and see what they say

It's been a while since I saw the second season, but I don't recall anything being said along the lines of 'Skeeto'. :no: - And, I won't watch it again. :tongue:
Matisse
You'll often find that at university, and usually the people you'd least expect to be into it too. :tongue:

Too bad about your internet connection, but at least you're trying to memorise the hiragana. How many can you remember and presumably you're also covering katakana too? :smile:

I'm going to start with hiragana and then move on to katakana :smile: I can remember a few, it has been a while since I have done any though XD I can remember Ku, a, no ... that's about it :frown: I can remember shi but I can't remember which way round it goes XD
Reply 7759
Matisse
It's been a while since I saw the second season, but I don't recall anything being said along the lines of 'Skeeto'. :no: - And, I won't watch it again. :tongue:

well i think it sounds like skeeto

and i've nearly finished so i need recommendations for something else

Latest