The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Matisse
I've never joined any type of anime society, neither at school or university (except this one, of course). For all intents and purposes, this obsession has remained very much the closet hobby throughout my life. :sadnod:

It's still like that at home. Can't hide the manga, but where we're putting up the new bookshelf* tomorrow, I've hidden the galaxy angel figures behind something, and moved the Chidori figure to a more discrete place :mmm:

*I think my Dad might have actually bought it himself for me. He never told me he'd ordered it Thursday night, and has yet to ask for money :hugs:
Matisse
I've never joined any type of anime society, neither at school or university (except this one, of course). For all intents and purposes, this obsession has remained very much the closet hobby throughout my life. :sadnod:

Good choice. :yes: I like to pick the people I watch films and anime. With a club that isn't really an option. :erm:

Matisse
Oh, Kagu... :laugh:

You laugh at my country. :sad:

Yuuki
Sounds like what I would do if I were to join one :p:

:whip:

She and I came into conflict a few times. :giggle:
Reply 762
Matisse

closet:mmm:

Chidori :love:
Reply 764
Liquidus Zeromus

looks like grell with a girls face:indiff:
Reply 765
:giggle:
Truered
She's a fangrell

:ninjagirl:

This much is true... :o:

Liquidus Zeromus
:mmm:

From the moment I saw him I knew he was going to be the most fangirled character. He seems ok to me though.

Nah, Oz has more fans than Break does :p:
vin

Reply 768
Liquidus Zeromus

Reminds me of Cara for some reason
Reply 769
I prefer Gil & Vincent :awesome:.......although Break is also :cool:
For me, having the society choose series that I myself might not have considered watching helped me a lot. I try to keep an open mind, but I admit to being a bit biased against mech series before being shown Gunparade March, and against radically different animation styles before watching Gun Frontier for example. Being able to choose my own series in my free time is nice, but I also liked the different yet equally awesome feeling of watching something suggested by someone else in a group. :yes:
Reply 771
Truered
It's still like that at home. Can't hide the manga, but where we're putting up the new bookshelf* tomorrow, I've hidden the galaxy angel figures behind something, and moved the Chidori figure to a more discrete place :mmm:

*I think my Dad might have actually bought it himself for me. He never told me he'd ordered it Thursday night, and has yet to ask for money :hugs:

It's the opposite for me. I couldn't hide my interest from my family, especially considering I used to watch much of my anime in the living room in front of the television. That is, until I received my own for my 14th birthday. :o: - With the exception of my family and close friends, none of my co-workers know anything about my interest, nor any of the lengthly amount of acquaintances I speak to from time to time. I was like this at school and university too, very discreet. Only a select few (one or two people) would know of my obsession. I wasn't really trying to hide it or anything, I just didn't really mingle within a "social circle" that would have people who would like it. Would you say you're slightly embarrassed by your hobby, hence keeping it a secret from your family?

Kagutsuchi
Good choice. :yes: I like to pick the people I watch films and anime. With a club that isn't really an option. :erm:

I mostly watch anime and read manga alone. It's a rarity to watch with someone else or in a group. :sad:

You laugh at my country. :sad:

I laugh at you. :hugs:

vin
closet:mmm:

Go to bed, Vin-kin. :sadnod:
Reply 772
Yuuki
Reminds me of Cara for some reason

Probably just the red hair :yes:
Reply 773
AngryJellyfish
For me, having the society choose series that I myself might not have considered watching helped me a lot. I try to keep an open mind, but I admit to being a bit biased against mech series before being shown Gunparade March, and against radically different animation styles before watching Gun Frontier for example. Being able to choose my own series in my free time is nice, but I also liked the different yet equally awesome feeling of watching something suggested by someone else in a group. :yes:

I won't go into this discussion again, but I don't consider Gunparade March to be a true 'mech' series. Watch a Gundam series to find out whether you like the genre or not. :yes:
vin

You're right, she does in a way :giggle:

Her personality is quite cute.
Reply 775
Matisse
It's the opposite for me. I couldn't hide my interest from my family, especially considering I used to watch much of my anime in the living room in front of the television. That is, until I received my own for my 14th birthday. :o: - With the exception of my family and close friends, none of my co-workers know anything about my interest, nor any of the lengthly amount of acquaintances I speak to from time to time. I was like this at school and university too, very discreet. Only a select few (one or two people) would know of my obsession. I wasn't really trying to hide it or anything, I just didn't really mingle within a "social circle" that would have people who would like it. Would you say you're slightly embarrassed by your hobby, hence keeping it a secret from your family?

I mostly watch anime and read manga alone. It's a rarity to watch with someone else or in a group. :sad:

I laugh at you. :hugs:

Go to bed, Vin-kin. :sadnod:

IM going to bed:sad:

I have to be up at 6.30 tomorrow:s-smilie:, not sure how much free time Ill have to come on the interweb:s:

goodnight:hugs:
Reply 776
6:30 in the morning? Something planned, presumably? In any case, goodnight. :hugs:
Reply 777
Night Vin :hugs:
caraniel
I prefer Gil & Vincent :awesome:.......although Break is also :cool:

How can you even like Vincent. *shudder*
He's so creepy.

You just gave me an idea for my blog...
Night vin :ciao:

Latest