Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I liked the one about following your dreams most. :yes: Though it would be pretty scary if everyone took that as literally. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I liked the one about following your dreams most. :yes: Though it would be pretty scary if everyone took that ass literally. :afraid:
    Edited to make it even more truthful about following dreams :teeth:

:gah:

ReputationRep:
    evening all :hi:

ReputationRep:
    Hi IGX :emog:

I'm back with new laptop & headphones

ReputationRep:
    My loan came through today :awesome:

But was just out for 4 hours shopping ... I spent £3.72 ...

ReputationRep:
    You should be careful with how you spend your money Llot :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    looks like he is doing:giggle:

but seriously, watch your spending because it can easily get out of hand
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    When I was at uni, I tended to go on spending sprees at the beginnings and ends of each term. :yes: Anywhere from £20 to £50, usually manga + the occasional DVD box set. But aside from food, MTG cards and TSR subscriptions, I didn't buy much else the rest of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I went on a £500 spending spree last week... but then again I don't get a loan :erm:

I might get gunslinger girl aswell :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I had more money at uni than I do now and spent most of my time shopping and going out drinking nearly every night :awesome: Then again I took out the full loan I was entitled to and worked 20hrs every week and applied for the hardship grants Queens offered :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I plan to keep my extra spending to a minimum so that I can save up enough for a Mac I should have roughly £600 left over this term once the accommodation fees are taken out, and I should be getting a bursary from the uni in December-ish.

But yeah, I started here on the 13th of September with £30 to spend on food etc., and I have about £10 left

I was cheeky and bought a pack of two chocolate eclairs for desert :giggle: My first dessert at uni I actually haven't really cooked anything yet. Made some rice last night to go with my tinned Tesco Curry (was horrible, BUT CHEAP!) and that's about it. Mostly microwave I'm surviving on tins, which is fine since it's like 38 pence a meal :giggle: I bought some tinned peaches for dessert tomorrow also.
    #
    I'm also going to make sure to only buy the small tins of beans, as there's no room in the fridge to put the remainder of a large tin after I use them. The fact that my bowls and plates are so small is REALLY helping me cut down on how much I eat. I used to eat barely anything, but had very large portions back home. Now I don't have a ******** of cereal and it's more like what a recommended portion is on the box

First term-time lectures tomorrow, if the lecturer is actually in that is. 9:15 start, 3:15 finish with like an hour break at about 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I had more money at uni than I do now and spent most of my time shopping and going out drinking nearly every night :awesome: Then again I took out the full loan I was entitled to and worked 20hrs every week and applied for the hardship grants Queens offered :mmm:
    I read that as "the Queen offered" and thought you were being posh, such as "Best British tea" :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    The newest Kuroshitsuji chapter showed alot of Ciel groping. :erm: Not my kinda chapter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    When I was at uni, I tended to go on spending sprees at the beginnings and ends of each term. :yes: Anywhere from £20 to £50, usually manga + the occasional DVD box set. But aside from food, MTG cards and TSR subscriptions, I didn't buy much else the rest of the time.
    I was all over the place. Sometimes I'd spend £50 in one go, other times I'd only buy the minimum of food. Going on retail sites late at night doomed me, my tiredness made me more prone to impulse :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I read that as "the Queen offered" and thought you were being posh, such as "Best British tea" :mmm:
    :nah: Perhaps I should have said QUB :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I was cheeky and bought a pack of two chocolate eclairs for desert :giggle:
    :wtf:urm woo

ReputationRep:
    They were 80p and I split it with my flatmate I also bought a packet of chocolate oreos :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    They were 80p and I split it with my flatmate I also bought a packet of chocolate oreos :awesome:
    Can I has some? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, my spacial trans-dimensional vortex inducer is currently in for it's yearly MOT

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.