Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Laura Rola from Turn A Gundam!! That was bugging me.......havent seen that one myself yet though
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Laura Rola from Turn A Gundam!! That was bugging me.......havent seen that one myself yet though
    I stopped staring at the picture because I was beginning to struggle, but kudos. I was looking at that character for a while and couldn't quite get it, and I've seen Turn A too! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I dont really use Bit torrent anymore thanks to my isp :dry: otherwise id save that site :ninja:
    Lol recieved a few letters did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I stopped staring at the picture because I was beginning to struggle, but kudos. I was looking at that character for a while and couldn't quite get it, and I've seen Turn A too! :o:
    I read a blog entry about Turn A Gundam once - that particular picture stuck with me :laugh:

I think I'm stuck now - I havent seen the series of the characters that havent been named

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Lol recieved a few letters did you?
    no the download speed just has a tendancy to turn crap sometimes :sigh:

...actually I really hope we havnt had any such letters and no ones told me:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    no the download speed just has a tendancy to turn crap sometimes :sigh:

...actually I really hope we havnt had any such letters and no ones told me:s:
    You might just have a download limit. Generally my parent's use around 15-20GB per month, when I'm home that jumps to around 95-100GB Good thing no limits here! (my dad told me today, I was rather shocked rofl)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I was referring to the forums :top: (seriously)
    Ah, fair enough. As vin said, links to forums are bad, but mentioning names seems to be fine. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    (>^_^)>
    <(^_^<)

wtf? :wtf:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    We've never had any letters from our ISP (mainly due to my paranoia and reluctancy to go near the limit), but our speeds are terrible from around 5 PM until 11-12. During the day and late at night it's fast enough though.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I was referring to letters for downloading copyrighted material :p: The internet at uni is pretty good for me, although at home it's pretty dire.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed. I guess I have to sleep sometime.

Night all :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Is the word for "family" and "pirate" in Japanese the same pronunciation? :erm:

Night Coo. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Night Cooro :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    We dont have a download limit it just gets slow in the evenings

and in the afternoon if ive had a torrent running a while :s:

ReputationRep:
    Check your traffic management policy as unlimited never means unlimited. There will be a fair usage policy, and you may find you do have a limit at certain times regardless of whether your on an "unlimited" package or not.

ReputationRep:
    "Traffic Management operates from 4pm to 9pm and 10am to 3pm to ensure a consistent user experience. "

bah that explains it :hmpf: though it doesnt seem too bad in the mornings :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Is the word for "family" and "pirate" in Japanese the same pronunciation? :erm:

Night Coo. :hugs:
    Nah, Family is kazoku and Pirate is Kaizoku, subtle difference :yes:

Night Cooro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    "Traffic Management operates from 4pm to 9pm and 10am to 3pm to ensure a consistent user experience. "

bah that explains it :hmpf: though it doesnt seem too bad in the mornings :s:
    Lol, "consistent user experience". ISPs are all *******s, you never really get what your suppose to At home we're suppose to be on a 10Mb line, yet I can't even freaking watch iPlayer in the evenings :thumbsdown:

EDIT: Why the **** isn't ******* censored? Awesome :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Lol, "consistent user experience". ISPs are all *******s, you never really get what your suppose to At home we're suppose to be on a 10Mb line, yet I can't even freaking watch iPlayer in the evenings :thumbsdown:

EDIT: Why the **** isn't ******* censored? Awesome :top:
    ******* isnt a swear like scunthorpe used to be :giggle:

we're on 10mb too but the speeds suck :sigh: well atleast everything else seems to be fine, even streaming
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Nah, Family is kazoku and Pirate is Kaizoku, subtle difference :yes:
    Yes, there is a subtle difference when pronouncing each word, even though it's more of a casual inflection that would only be noticed by another native speaker. Because the Japanese language is phonetically very different to English, what may sound uncannily similar is actually different. Many Japanese learners will often struggle with slight nuances like this. :tongue:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.