Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Spoiler:
    Show

This one looks delish. :drool:
    Thanks, Kagu. I'm glad you like it. I'm going to be posting a few more captions as and when I finish them. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    My school lacked regulation and control. :erm: But that may have just been because of the huge amount of chavs attending the school. :sad: Fireworks were a usual occurences in the hallways. The most important thing that school taught me was to duck very quickly and pull your friends down with you if you ever hear a loud screech - a big kid in sixth form didn't and had to go to hospital for treatment. O.O

There was also an attempted fire in the Library. :bawling: Why the library!? All those books. :love:
    My school also has a overly large amount of chav's and also lacked control. Though we didn't have any firework problems we have had knife, BB guns and the occasional taser. Since I have been in my school if you discount the fire's caused by the DT department (they cause about 8 fires a year :lolwut: ) there have been about 5 or 6 fires though other than 2 they were all bins. One of the 2 was welsh room about 3 years ago (I thanked the chavs for this) and one of the toilets which took 2 hours for someone to notice even though there was smoke billowing out of the window :wtf:

To your uniform quote. My uniform is rather boring black trousers, white shirt (though mine has a few coloured marks on it thanks to art :ninja:) and a red tie though the none 6th form have a black yellow and red striped tie. In my school everyone seems to manage to make their uniform look different from everyone else's so that's a fail on the schools part.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting times at school... :beard:

Can't seem to recall any at the moment.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My uniform was dreadful, I absolutely hated it. I had to wear a matching long skirt and jacket/blazer, with a white shirt and tie. There was even a hat that would be worn for those in kindergarden. This was accompanied by tights (always) and black shoes, which had to be bought from this one supplier. You couldn't have your own black shoes. Oh yes, the entire uniform was black too. For a time, you weren't even allowed to remove your jacket in the summer, but eventually, they allowed us to remove it. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    My uniform was dreadful, I absolutely hated it. I had to wear a matching long skirt and jacket/blazer, with a white shirt and tie. There was even a hat that would be worn for those in kindergarden. This was accompanied by tights (always) and black shoes, which had to be bought from this one supplier. You couldn't have your own black shoes. Oh yes, the entire uniform was black too. For a time, you weren't even allowed to remove your jacket in the summer, but eventually, they allowed us to remove it. :erm:
    I had to wear a blazer in year 7 and 8 which annoyed the hell out of me. I was happy when I got to year 9 and had fun destroying it with a mixture of a aerosol can and a lighter :evil: it was fun though.....I might have also done the same thing to my welsh books when I finally got to drop the subject :ninja:

Ow thanks for the Rep Kagu :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, school's in the UK do sound far more interesting. Then again, the British people I've spoken to, including Luke, have never mentioned of anything like this happening at their school. In my case, my school adhered to traditional customs that were deemed expected of a "serious academic institution", or so I remember being told over and over. I suppose, many of the local schools, were more lenient and casual, though. Luke attended a public all-boys school, so that didn't help matters for him. Fireworks in the school. :giggle:
    Must be because you don't associate yourself much with us low-lifes. :sad: That being said, my high-school was pretty bad. They never taught any of the "troubled" students and focused all their attention on students who they thought would exceed in studies - you could tell they were narrow-minded because the students they focused on were mainly all asian and a few white dots here and there. :sad: A shame really. There were a few chavs whose logic and common sense astounded me at times. :yes:

We've had more than just fireworks. :giggle: We've had knives - never used though :ninja: - stink bombs, vinegar bombs, poo throwing, broom handles. :wtf: Quite a lot more I think. There was an amusing incident where some kid put a used condom - fresh - on the staff room's door handle. :wtf: I couldn't help but giggle at the originality of that prank.

(Original post by JWH)
    My school also has a overly large amount of chav's and also lacked control. Though we didn't have any firework problems we have had knife, BB guns and the occasional taser. Since I have been in my school if you discount the fire's caused by the DT department (they cause about 8 fires a year :lolwut: ) there have been about 5 or 6 fires though other than 2 they were all bins. One of the 2 was welsh room about 3 years ago (I thanked the chavs for this) and one of the toilets which took 2 hours for someone to notice even though there was smoke billowing out of the window :wtf:
    We had an incident with a paintbull gun where teachers were being targetted. The rule was you could only shoot the teacher on the back of the head. :yes: I took no part in it of course. :ninja:

In regard to the fires, one moron thought it would be funny to try and light the gas taps on fire in the science room. :wtf: The teacher took the lighter of him though. :tongue:

(Original post by JWH)
    In my school everyone seems to manage to make their uniform look different from everyone else's so that's a fail on the schools part.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I thought all Japanese schools had mini-skirts. :yes: Damn you anime. You lied to me again. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Must be because you don't associate yourself much with us low-lifes. :sad: That being said, my high-school was pretty bad. They never taught any of the "troubled" students and focused all their attention on students who they thought would exceed in studies - you could tell they were narrow-minded because the students they focused on were mainly all asian and a few white dots here and there. :sad: A shame really. There were a few chavs whose logic and common sense astounded me at times. :yes:

We've had more than just fireworks. :giggle: We've had knives - never used though :ninja: - stink bombs, vinegar bombs, poo throwing, broom handles. :wtf: Quite a lot more I think. There was an amusing incident where some kid put a used condom - fresh - on the staff room's door handle. :wtf: I couldn't help but giggle at the originality of that prank.

We had an incident with a paintbull gun where teachers were being targetted. The rule was you could only shoot the teacher on the back of the head. :yes: I took no part in it of course. :ninja:

In regard to the fires, one moron thought it would be funny to try and light the gas taps on fire in the science room. :wtf: The teacher took the lighter of him though. :tongue:

:ditto:
    One of my friends lit a gas tap the other day actually it was rather funny seeing as there was a large whosh of flames that shot out of the end of the tap followed by him pretty much craping himself and falling backwards of his chair in surprise.

My school hasn't had any problems with paintball guns seeing as most students prefer the cheaper and easier to hide alternative of BB guns. Though one kid once brought in a shotgun BB gun which I have no idea how he managed to hide but a good number of teachers and 6th form (we are hated by all other years in my school sadly :sad: ) were in considerable amounts of pain that day.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends once took a can of deoderant and a match and made a flamethrower.

ReputationRep:
    I thought all Japanese schools had mini-skirts. :yes: Damn you anime. You lied to me again. :sad:
    That may have been something I had always secretly hoped was true :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that the voice of Mikage from 07-Ghost is in Hetalia o-o -wikis- I thought so, it's Italy

ReputationRep:
    No one's uniform can be as hideous as mine was.......you can tell a nun designed it as there is not one area of skin left uncovered! :laugh: Ankle length tartan pleated skirt!!! Although that was only in the senior school - in the junior school we had to wear navy pinafores! with the jumper worn under it (this usually caused issues in 3rd year before the change to the kilts as everyone's pinafores got really short and tight around the bust and hips - those things are not designed for anyone over the age of 12 :no:). We also had blazers, but no one ever wore them past 1st year (I still have mine in pristine condition in the wardrobe!), and god love you if you wore a coat that wasnt regulation (I had no less than 3 coats confiscated.......I just wanted to be warm! :sad:)

Spoiler:
    Show

Ignore the god-awful fringe a hairdresser thought was a good idea back then :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm not a sub I don't know when Aiko and Kagu are online :emo:

I might get around to resubbing in a few days. I like being to change usertitles/large avatars and having no adverts, but I hardly use the sub forums anymore :emo:

Also :hahaha: Cara :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I can't actually remember what its like not being a sub :ahee: I've been subbed continuously since about 2 weeks after I signed up.

Its not pretty is it Tru? :no:.....we had to wear that right up until we left school :s:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I honestly can't remember the last time I used the subscribers only subforums. They always seemed too excluding to me - what could I possibly have to say there that I wouldn't want the non-sub population of TSR to see? :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I honestly can't remember the last time I used the subscribers only subforums. They always seemed too excluding to me - what could I possibly have to say there that I wouldn't want the non-sub population of TSR to see? :s:
    You could talk about anime and get negged/insulted by some of the popular people...who'd be followed by newer members trying to jump on the bandwagon :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    They are pretty boring tbh. Having arsed around there several times I say stay away!

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, school's in the UK do sound far more interesting. Then again, the British people I've spoken to, including Luke, have never mentioned of anything like this happening at their school. In my case, my school adhered to traditional customs that were deemed expected of a "serious academic institution", or so I remember being told over and over. I suppose, many of the local schools, were more lenient and casual, though. Luke attended a public all-boys school, so that didn't help matters for him. Fireworks in the school. :giggle:
    Well my school is the worst in the Borough, fights almost everyday, I think only the most basic uniform is worn if any, most teachers are subs and I could go on. If you find that interesting then yeah :p:

Although I have to say, I had a lot of fun during Year 10 and 11. Sixth Form now is bleh, since you'll just get kicked out if you don't adhere to the rules now. Before I would just get detentions, not attend them and nothing would happen. :sadnod:
    I really have changed a lot since I've come into sixth form now though, I think it's cause I finally opened my mind a bit more :p:

Most people from my year just hang around on the streets now. I don't know why I'm going on about this but yeah :s:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well, I can safely say that none of the aforementioned antics occurred at my school. :tongue: - Mine was unbelievably bland and orderly, which is largely why I opted to bunk, to get away from that mundane environment. And you'll be surprised, Cara, my uniform was arguably worse since we were required to wear a blazer at 'all times'. This was in addition to the white shirt, black tie, black long skirt, tights and shoes, all supplied from the same distributor. We often joked that the school was funded by the mafia (Yakuza), due to the white and black colour scheme the school employed. :giggle:

Yuuki, at least the sixth form is giving you the inclination to study more. Although, I do remember you mentioning before now how bad your school is. To its credit, despite my contempt for my school's tedious regulations, academically, the school was very good. Many students ended up achieving straight As during their IGCSEs and A-Levels, many going on to study internationally at Yale, Harvard, Oxford (I also applied here, funnily enough, at Ruskin), Cambridge, Imperial, amongst many others... I definitely don't agree with how they encouraged us to succeed, though. The pressure to do well was often instilled by fear of being singled out. The board that ranked us from top to bottom in the corridor didn't help.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Are you kidding? We'd be whipped and sent home for that (well, not whipped, but the sending home part was true). :tongue:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.