Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    I was narutard of the year :emo:
    I vaguely remember now. :p: Would you still happen to have a PM with the categories etc, I've not had any luck searching.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got best avatar :proud:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :hi:

Does anyone want to do my poetry essay for me? :emo:
    Morning Cooro. :hugs:

Poetry essay? Are you focusing on a particular poet or discussing the literary art in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Morning Cooro. :hugs:

Poetry essay? Are you focusing on a particular poet or discussing the literary art in general?
    Hi :hugs:

It's a close reading analysis of a particular poem. Specifically, Elizabeth Bishop's 'One Art'. It's not the poem I'd have chosen to write about but I didn't get a choice. It's only 1000 words but it's really difficult to start :sad: And it's due tomorrow and I have 40 words so far :giggle:

How're you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cooro)

It's a close reading analysis of a particular poem. Specifically, Elizabeth Bishop's 'One Art'. It's not the poem I'd have chosen to write about but I didn't get a choice. It's only 1000 words but it's really difficult to start :sad: And it's due tomorrow and I have 40 words so far :giggle:

How're you?
    So it's started. So the difficult bit is done.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cooro)

How're you?
    Ah yes, expectantly it would be an American poet, given your degree focus. 1,000 words isn't too much, no. Once you get going, it'll be a breeze. I know I can't stop typing when I begin to criticise and analyse something. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Ah yes, expectantly it would be an American poet, given your degree focus. 1,000 words isn't too much, no. Once you get going, it'll be a breeze. I know I can't stop typing when I begin to criticise and analyse something. :giggle:
    Most of the actual analysis is easy. But our tutor also wants us to put in a bit about how the poem reflects 20th century American poetry, and I just don't know that bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I vaguely remember now. :p: Would you still happen to have a PM with the categories etc, I've not had any luck searching.
    AJ Awards

Best anime avatar.
    Best recommendations.
    Best leader.
    Best spammer.
    Best sig.
    Best contributor to thread.
    Perve of the year.
    Wierdo of the year.
    Member of 2007. Truered
    Narutard of the year.
    :yeah:

I think we may have skipped a year :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Remember we chose some categories, people sent votes to me and I posted the winners.

I was narutard of the year :emo:
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, this is getting ridiculous. I've been at this essay since 8 this morning and I still only have 40 words. Time to get off the internet and knuckle down, methinks. Laters :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    THEY'RE CLOSING DOWN MY CAMPUS IN 2011!! A year before I graduate!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/8293310.stm

-mumblegrumble-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ugh, this is getting ridiculous. I've been at this essay since 8 this morning and I still only have 40 words. Time to get off the internet and knuckle down, methinks. Laters :ciao:
    bye:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    THEY'RE CLOSING DOWN MY CAMPUS IN 2011!! A year before I graduate!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/8293310.stm

-mumblegrumble-
    I wonder if the typo in the photo caption was intentional... Sorry, that's not the most supportive of replies, is it?

ReputationRep:
    lol, hadn't even noticed that XD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :yeah:

I think we may have skipped a year :mmm:
    That would explain why I couldn't remember it, I'd be worried if it was only 10-12 months ago. :p: Though LZ only joined in 2008 and still knew about it. :hmmmm2: Just from reading old threads?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    That would explain why I couldn't remember it, I'd be worried if it was only 10-12 months ago. :p: Though LZ only joined in 2008 and still knew about it. :hmmmm2: Just from reading old threads?
    I briefly remembered it being mentioned last year when the "TSR Awards" were happening. Nothing came of it, though. Alex joined shortly after Yuuki and I, which was around this time last year. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    AJ what is going on in your avatar? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't look like I could win any of those categories ...

Person most likely to annoy Vin perhaps? >=D
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    It doesn't look like I could win any of those categories ...

Person most likely to annoy Vin perhaps? >=D
    That would likely go to AJ or Tru-pyon. :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Juno :puppyeyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.