Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wondered why there were no posts being made in the other thread after my last one :| Then suddenly I see this on the front page.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    It was from the 90s!? :zomg: The animation was really rubbish so I thought it was ancient :s:
    No, they don't even have that as an excuse. :p: Though TBH anything would look bad compared with Casshern Sins. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Damn, why do the admins never let us members have the last word in our old threads? Thought I'd gotten away with it there. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    It was from the 90s!? :zomg: The animation was really rubbish so I thought it was ancient :s:
    :rofl:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Damn, why do the admins never let us members have the last word in our old threads? Thought I'd gotten away with it there. :sad:
    :console:that would have been a great last post:emog:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to do some more Shooping today.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Regarding the perception western people, or more specifically, British people have about anime, it's simply due to the lack of exposure. For a long time, broadcasters in the UK deemed anime (or any alternative world cinema) to be too 'different' or not 'applicable' to the mainstream UK market. As such, the only series that have managed to attain a mainstream television slot (granted, a children's one) was the spinoff anime series for Pokemon, due to its overwhelming popularity as a franchise (the games and cards, especially). It's only until recently, excluding services like Sky, that the mainstream market have been exposed to movies from Ghibli via broadcasters like Film 4, who have actively endeavored to show alternative media.

Also, the wide majority of members on TSR, including those in the society, are young. Most of the British people I've met who were born during my generation tend to associate anime to Dragon Ball Z, not Pokemon. I can only assume that the series was broadcasted over here at one point. In any case, it's far better than any spinoff series for Pokemon, so that's a start. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: Cara's rant about HBP was one of the automatically generated links at the bottom of LLoT HBP rant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    None of you link to my blog. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    poor onee-sama:console:I was gonna make a blog yesturday but couldnt think of a name:erm:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find the "Add to Blogroll" link on your blog when I went looking for it the other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I couldn't find the "Add to Blogroll" link on your blog when I went looking for it the other day.
    :ditto: Of course, it is on a different site :mmm:

I tried to find that memoirs site because it looked like a nice place to set one up...unless it was created from the ground up by Aiko in which case no wonder I couldn't find a .com website :p:

ReputationRep:
    hi :hump:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)

I tried to find that memoirs site because it looked like a nice place to set one up...unless it was created from the ground up by Aiko in which case no wonder I couldn't find a .com website :p:
    "Memoirs" is one Aiko created herself with the help of the Wordpress.org software, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)

Hello

ReputationRep:
    "Memoirs" is one Aiko created herself with the help of the Wordpress.org software, I believe.
    Onee-sama is talented unlike us
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I didn't add the plugin to allow this functionality. I'll add it. I've manually added your blog to my list. :smile:

(Original post by Truered)

Memoirs is just the name I chose to name my blog. The domain name was signed up earlier. The actual blog itself is WordPress, only that I've downloaded the blogging software from WordPress.org and manually configured it to my own domain name and hosting. The actual 'theme' was created by me. :smile:

(Original post by eugenius 8)
    Morning Euge. :hugs:

Precisely that. :smile:

(Original post by vin)
    Onee-sama is talented unlike us
    Oh, stop it, Vin-kin. I'm not that talented, and all of you are talented in your respective areas. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Morning Talented people! :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Chipie)
    Morning Talented people! :yes:
    Oh, the person with the cute username. Hey. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    These threads are shifting pretty quickly :mute:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the person with the cute username. Hey. :hugs:
    Hey Aiko-chan~ :p:

Everyone okay?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.