Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Another slow release day as far as what I'm watching is concerned. Where are you Ayako? :puppyeyes: So yeah, I'm bored too. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Is it a dell? :woo:
    no:curious: its a normal kind of loud anyway, not like a car engine or a broken CD drive:yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    Milk bar:wtf:
    :erm:

Probably better to type 'The Milk Bar London' or something, if you're going to search for it. It's only a small place, but they serve really good coffee. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (looks at chip sandwich I am currently eating) sometimes I wonder how the hell I am only 10 stone when I eat so much junk :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Milk bar:wtf:

"Milk bar is a term in some parts of Australia for suburban local shops or general stores. They are known as delicatessens or delis in South Australia and Western Australia, and as corner stores in Queensland and New South Wales. Milk bars are traditionally a place where people pick up milk and newspapers, and where school children purchase milkshakes or lollies.

A milk bar was featured in the fictional show Cow and Chicken in which the title character, Cow, was put to work singing in a "seedy milk bar" and her performance mimicked a run-down lounge act. The bar served at least milk and ice cream, though most likely it was not meant to reflect true milk bars.

Milk bars were mentioned in a sinister context in Anthony Burgess's "A Clockwork Orange", in the guise of the Korova Milk Bar, a hangout where the delinquent Alex and his friends gathered to plan crimes and consume milk laced with narcotics. Burgess grew up in England during the period discussed above in which milk bars originated."

Spoiler:
    Show
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Congratulations Juno, I knew you could do it. :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    That's the place. :yes: - Hey Kagu. :hugs:

(Original post by Juno)
    :smile:

ReputationRep:
    Evening everyone. :smile: - I just went out to meet a colleague for a drink. I'm going to watch and hopefully finish Eve no Jikan. :yes:
    I always confuse that title with Kodomo :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    That's the place. :yes: - Hey Kagu. :hugs:
    Hi Aiko. :hugs: I've never been. Looks cosy though. I'll take one of my girly pals there next week. :cute:

My favourite coffee shop is 'Sacred' which can be found near/in Soho. :yes: Lovely little place, especially when it's sunny.

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

Probably better to type 'The Milk Bar London' or something, if you're going to search for it. It's only a small place, but they serve really good coffee. :o:
    Im not going to search for it, I only wanted to search fir the things that sprung to mind when you said milk bar:indiff: the australian shop is new to me though.:indiff:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Hi Aiko. :hugs: I've never been. Looks cosy though. I'll take one of my girly pals there next week. :cute:

My favourite coffee shop is 'Sacred' which can be found near/in Soho. :yes: Lovely little place, especially when it's sunny.

How're you?
    Yeah, it's difficult to find places that genuinely serve good coffee, but that place does. I've never been to Sacred, so I'll consider going there next. :smile:

I'm okay, you?

(Original post by vin)
    Im not going to search for it, I only wanted to search fir the things that sprung to mind when you said milk bar:indiff: the australian shop is new to me though.:indiff:
    New to me too. :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    I always confuse that title with Kodomo :mmm:
    Presumably, because of the word for time (jikan)?

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Going to play poker over my friends place again next week. We usually we play over mine because my dad doesn't mind us lot getting drunk in the next room. But it is better over his because he has a large table in his front room so even if someone goes out and goes and watches tv or something they are only a metre or 2 away so they aren't left out :grin:

It may also mean Guitar Hero while drunk again :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    :woo: Going to play poker over my friends place again next week. We usually we play over mine because my dad doesn't mind us lot getting drunk in the next room. But it is better over his because he has a large table in his front room so even if someone goes out and goes and watches tv or something they are only a metre or 2 away so they aren't left out :grin:

It may also mean Guitar Hero while drunk again :ninja:
    :hubba:poker

:spank:children shouldnt be drunk

Yeah, it's difficult to find places that genuinely serve good coffee, but that place does. I've never been to Sacred, so I'll consider going there next. :smile:

I'm okay, you?

New to me too. :tongue:
    I cant drink coffee anymore it makes my stomach hurt:sad: not sure if instant makes it hurt too but I havnt had that in years.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably, because of the word for time (jikan)?
    and the "no"

Always confused when people would admit to eve :o:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Hey
    Hi :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Hi :hugs:
    Hello :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    and the "no"

Always confused when people would admit to eve :o:
    Really? That's just a particle (to mean 'of'), which is expectantly used frequently in many titles. I suppose the arrangement is similar in both names. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's just a particle (to mean 'of'), which is expectantly used frequently in many titles. I suppose the arrangement is similar in both names. :tongue:
    Kodomo/Eve no Jikan :awesome:

Sorry about the prior reply, I was eating and had a fork in one hand. Due to the online response from some sections of the fandom to Kodomo, I'd always get confused when people said they were viewing Eve as I thought it was Kodomo :giggle:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.