Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Hey
    hi:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

Was wondering if anyone could recommend me a comedy anime:p: Preferably something with a high school setting lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    hi:hugs:
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O Maestro)

Was wondering if anyone could recommend me a comedy anime:p: Preferably something with a high school setting lol.
    Ouran High School Host Club :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Yeah, it's difficult to find places that genuinely serve good coffee, but that place does. I've never been to Sacred, so I'll consider going there next. :smile:

I'm okay, you?
    :yes: I'm not much of a coffee drinker though... as long as it tastes smooth and soothing then i'm fine with it. :tongue: That being said, I only go to Sacred for the cute little Barista. Her voice is so soothing. :redface:

(Original post by JWH)
    :woo: Going to play poker over my friends place again next week. We usually we play over mine because my dad doesn't mind us lot getting drunk in the next room. But it is better over his because he has a large table in his front room so even if someone goes out and goes and watches tv or something they are only a metre or 2 away so they aren't left out :grin:
    I once went into a Poker night with £50 and came out with £450. :cool:

ReputationRep:

Great Teacher Onizuka:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:

Azumanga Daioh.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Kodomo/Eve no Jikan :awesome:

Sorry about the prior reply, I was eating and had a fork in one hand. Due to the online response from some sections of the fandom to Kodomo, I'd always get confused when people said they were viewing Eve as I thought it was Kodomo :giggle:
    The term 'Kodomo' is commonly used to refer to anime and manga intended for children. It's an abbreviation of Kodomomuke. The non-literal meaning of the word itself is 'child'. :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

This
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Azumanga Daioh is an absolute must, if you haven't already seen it. Good alternatives would be Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hyakko or Manabi Straight. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    I second this recommendation, if you haven't already seen it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ouran High School Host Club :yep:
    I've seen it, not a big fan though.

(Original post by vin)
    lol seen that as well.

Still thanks vin and Cooro

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Azumanga Daioh.
    And we have a winner i think lol. Is it really funny though ? Been on my plan to watch list for ages, but never bothered since the show was all about little girls

There isn't that many high school comedies I've seen GTO,Toradora,School Rumble, Ouran High School.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :yes: I'm not much of a coffee drinker though... as long as it tastes smooth and soothing then i'm fine with it. :tongue: That being said, I only go to Sacred for the cute little Barista. Her voice is so soothing. :redface:
    I've yet to meet another female that drinks her coffee black like me. :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    And we have a winner i think lol. Is it really funny though ? Been on my plan to watch list for ages, but never bothered since the show was all about little girls
    Take note, it's a yonkoma series (another being Lucky Star). It's hilarious and considered a must see if you're into that genre. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The term 'Kodomo' is commonly used to refer to anime and manga intended for children. It's an abbreviation of Kodomomuke. The non-literal meaning of the word itself is 'child'. :giggle:
    Back then I thought the "Jikan" was the child word :mmm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've yet to meet another female that drinks her coffee black like me. :tongue:
    My manager drinks black coffee
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Back then I thought the "Jikan" was the child word :mmm:
    :giggle:

Incidentally, I haven't seen Kodomo no Jikan, and probably won't in the foreseeable future. :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    My manager drinks black coffee
    I probably won't meet her. :no:

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

Incidentally, I haven't seen Kodomo no Jikan, and probably won't in the foreseeable future. :tongue:
    It was both amusing and heartwarming at times, but while watching at University I did make sure to lock my bedroom door :mmm:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.