Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Azumanga Daioh is an absolute must, if you haven't already seen it. Good alternatives would be Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hyakko or Manabi Straight. :yes:
    Hyakko sounds awesome lol. Will watch it after Azumanga Daioh(actually after my next action packed anime lol):yes:

(Original post by Matisse)
    Take note, it's a yonkoma series (another being Lucky Star). It's hilarious and considered a must see if you're into that genre. :yes:
    The AP review made it sound interesting enough. Plus they are high school girls, so i was mislead by the pictures showing the smallest one lol.

Any other fav comedy shows ? Doesn't have to be a high school setting tbh.

Though i really feel like watching Gintama, but i want to watch shorter series atm.

ReputationRep:
    Tru :lovie:

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to meet another female that drinks her coffee black like me. :tongue:
    My friend - Sarah - licks coffee beans. :yes: Weird girl... she also kicks my arse at Tekken which is rare to find in a girl... :tongue:

(Original post by O Maestro)
    And we have a winner i think lol. Is it really funny though ? Been on my plan to watch list for ages, but never bothered since the show was all about little girls
    It's hilarious. It has... quirky humour - imo. The characters are fantastic and flow so well with the series and eachother. I'd call it a masterpiece but then I think i'd sound a little too cheesy...

There isn't that many high school comedies I've seen GTO,Toradora,School Rumble, Ouran High School.
    Azumanga Daioh
    Bleach
    History Strongest Disciple
    Melancholy of Haruhi
    Clannad
    Kanon
    K-ON!

There are loads.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    There isn't that many high school comedies I've seen GTO,Toradora,School Rumble, Ouran High School.
    After deciding to give it some thought, in addition those already suggested:

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
    Midori no Hibi
    Ultra Maniac
    Kare Kano
    Lovely Complex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Tru :lovie:
    Thun

Cooro :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Thun

Cooro :lovehug:
    :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    It was both amusing and heartwarming at times, but while watching at University I did make sure to lock my bedroom door :mmm:
    Good thinking. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    My friend - Sarah - licks coffee beans. :yes: Weird girl... she also kicks my arse at Tekken which is rare to find in a girl... :tongue:
    I was very good at the original Street Fighter II for the SNES, which was admittedly pretty basic. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I was very good at the original Street Fighter II for the SNES, which was admittedly pretty basic. :tongue:
    What a coincidence. Street Fighter II (turbo) is the only street fighter I have for the snes. :giggle: I enjoyed being Honda and giggling at my brother's fruitless attempts to escape my palm chopping thing. :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What a coincidence. Street Fighter II (turbo) is the only street fighter I have for the snes. :giggle: I enjoyed being Honda and giggling at my brother's fruitless attempts to escape my palm chopping thing. :tongue:
    I used to play as Ryu or Ken, mostly Ryu, but occasionally Guile. Ah man, I used to destroy my brother and his friends. Fond memories. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    It's hilarious. It has... quirky humour - imo. The characters are fantastic and flow so well with the series and eachother. I'd call it a masterpiece but then I think i'd sound a little too cheesy...

Azumanga Daioh
    Bleach
    History Strongest Disciple
    Melancholy of Haruhi
    Clannad
    Kanon
    K-ON!

There are loads.
    I've heard scary things about K-ON lol. I've seen most of those shows, except for Clannad/Kanon, but i thought they were more drama types show ? Have them on my plan to watch list lol.

I will definitely check out Azumanga Daioh.

After deciding to give it some thought, in addition those already suggested:

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
    Midori no Hibi
    Ultra Maniac
    Kare Kano
    Lovely Complex
    They actually all sound awesome. Ultra Maniac sounds like a lot of fun, Kare Kano is going to be a nice comedy love story and Lovely Complex actually sounds good as well The greatest one though is Midori no Hibi

High school delinquent Seiji Sawamura is desperate to have a girlfriend, especially after being rejected by 20 girls as of late. He's afraid that he will end his life with his right hand as his only companion. Apparently, that doesn't change when one day when he wakes up and discovers that his right hand has become a girl named Midori Kasugano, who confesses that she has had a crush on him for the last three years.
    LMAO

I feel like watching that now.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They actually all sound awesome. Ultra Maniac sounds like a lot of fun, Kare Kano is going to be a nice comedy love story and Lovely Complex actually sounds good as well The greatest one though is Midori no Hibi

LMAO

I feel like watching that now.
    Midori no Hibi is a really funny and cute romance series. You will not be disappointed. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I used to play as Ryu or Ken, mostly Ryu, but occasionally Guile. Ah man, I used to destroy my brother and his friends. Fond memories. :giggle:
    Ryu and Ken were the same! :tongue: When I was serious i'd use Ryu. :cute:

I feel like facing you now. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard scary things about K-ON lol. I've seen most of those shows, except for Clannad/Kanon, but i thought they were more drama types show ? Have them on my plan to watch list lol.
    K-ON!'s awesome. Don't let Cara/Vin scare you. Watch it. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ryu and Ken were the same! :tongue: When I was serious i'd use Ryu. :cute:

I feel like facing you now. :sad:
    We all knew that Ryu was better. :tongue: - I haven't played the game in years. Would be nostalgic. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    K-ON! is rubbish in comparison to the other series being suggested :hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Not rubbish, just not comparable. :o:

ReputationRep:
    We all knew that Ryu was better. :tongue: - I haven't played the game in years. Would be nostalgic. :yes:
    :yes: Being asian and all that.

(Original post by caraniel)
    It's still worth a watch. :hmmm: Just for Mugi. :love:

ReputationRep:
    haha, i've been conditioned to believe this

'K-ON is full of lolis, is no way near the level of Beck musically and so basically sucks.'

I should get a reward from Cara and Vin:p:

Btw, thanks for the recommendations everyone

ReputationRep:
    haha, i've been conditioned to believe this

'K-ON is full of lolis, is no way near the level of Beck musically and so basically sucks.'

I should get a reward from Cara and Vin:p:

Btw, thanks for the recommendations everyone
    I would've liked more music from K-ON! :sad: I've not seen Beck yet but K-ON focuses more on the little slices of humour than the music. :yes: It is full of cute little girls though.

Just watch it you silly baka and decide whether or not it's good afterwards. :whip:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.