Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm bored, and find myself spending less time at my laptop and more time reading at the moment. The slow speed of fansub releases, and the fact that Yakitate!! is best watched 2-3 episodes max in one sitting are the main reason for that. :p: I'd write manga synopses for A-P, but they've yet to add the last one I sent in and seem to have quite a big backlog of others too... All this means less posts in the ontopic thread. And I'm posting in here less and less too, because 75% of the time the discussion isn't relevant to my interests. It's all one big downward spiral of boredom. :yawn:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What are you doing at 6am tomorrow :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    How is people?
    Outside your house :yes:

Look out the window :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :ditto: Seconded.
    :proud:
    Yo peeps!
    I posted my Lloyd character tribute as chosen by you people!

I also managed to spend £30 on clothes today

My mum and her boyfriend are away for the week and my bro is at my dad's house to I've got the house to myself :woo:
    I've hooked up my laptop to the big television in the living room and plan on watching a lot of anime

How is people?
    :poke:have some sort of party:yes:
    And I'm posting in here less and less too, because 75% of the time the discussion isn't relevant to my interests. It's all one big downward spiral of boredom. :yawn:
    :console:you cant let these *******s take over:mad: why not mention something that is relevant to your interests:dontknow:

Hows saimoe:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored, and find myself spending less time at my laptop and more time reading at the moment. The slow speed of fansub releases, and the fact that Yakitate!! is best watched 2-3 episodes max in one sitting are the main reason for that. :p: I'd write manga synopses for A-P, but they've yet to add the last one I sent in and seem to have quite a big backlog of others too... All this means less posts in the ontopic thread. And I'm posting in here less and less too, because 75% of the time the discussion isn't relevant to my interests. It's all one big downward spiral of boredom. :yawn:

:hugs:
    *feels guilty about jumping on the blogwagon*

(Original post by Truered)
    Outside your house :yes:

Look out the window :hello:
    Erm... I'd offer to let you in but you don't appear to be there at all :p:

(Original post by vin)
    :poke:have some sort of party:yes:
    :lolwut:

I only have two close friends in Shrewsbury and that's it... I feel a party would be somewhat redundant.

ReputationRep:

:hugs:
    *feels guilty about jumping on the blogwagon*

Erm... I'd offer to let you in but you don't appear to be there at all :p:

:lolwut:

I only have two close friends in Shrewsbury and that's it... I feel a party would be somewhat redundant.
    well maybe not an actual party then but some sort of fun evening:yes:

...or you could watch Lloyd laugh at full blast on the big screen over and over again:yes: you would really enjoy that

ReputationRep:
    The Japanese Digital Switchover commercial that GG left in at the end of Canaan 03 is so much better than the British version XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    well maybe not an actual party then but some sort of fun evening:yes:

...or you could watch Lloyd laugh at full blast on the big screen over and over again:yes: you would really enjoy that
    Maybe I'll have a Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer 40k game, that would be fun.

... I could do that, but it would be very very strange, I think I'll stick to watching anime :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :console:you cant let these *******s take over:mad:
    Would you like some Cheese with your Whine?

A Persona soc probably wouldn't get enough people in it because the Shin Megami Tensei series and it's spinoff aren't mainstream :| Even though that has improved in recent years. But I'll go about making a thread in the Gaming forum and see if we can get soc status. What's the minimum amount of interested members you need?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you lot would be able to spam it enough to keep it active - half the pages in this thread are dedicated to Persona ramblings :dry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Muffy fell in the sink *giggles*

ReputationRep:
    Salmon

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll have a Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer 40k game, that would be fun.

... I could do that, but it would be very very strange, I think I'll stick to watching anime :p:
    .....watch that girly stuff where boys kiss each other:yes:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Would you like some Cheese with your Whine?

A Persona soc probably wouldn't get enough people in it because the Shin Megami Tensei series and it's spinoff aren't mainstream :| Even though that has improved in recent years. But I'll go about making a thread in the Gaming forum and see if we can get soc status. What's the minimum amount of interested members you need?
    yes please:yep:

dont know you need quite a few but also healthy activity, which you lot seem to have more than enough of:indiff:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :console:you cant let these *******s take over:mad: why not mention something that is relevant to your interests:dontknow:

Hows saimoe:puppyeyes:
    The problem is, there doesn't seem to be much that's worth mentioning at the moment. The few things that are worth mentioning mostly go in the ontopic thread, because nothing's more relevant to my interests than anime. :p: My job/house search is all I have to do at the moment besides laze around, yet it's going nowhere.

Saimoe has sucked the last couple of days, the secondary prelims aren't going well. My fave characters in groups 1 and 2 both lost, and today's group 3 was lame. I still voted for the max number of 12, but they were mostly minor characters I don't particularly care about.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, last year didn't you post the results of each saimoe round or who's up for voting each day or something like that? Although you could just make a blog for that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i still have yet to look at the Saimoe site i think i'll wait until the knockout rounds :yes:

who is this Yukiji :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the saimoe website is it?

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Yeah, last year didn't you post the results of each saimoe round or who's up for voting each day or something like that? Although you could just make a blog for that :awesome:
    I did, and got moaned at because the majority weren't interested. I didn't want to be the person who bored everyone so much that they stopped posting. The prelims aren't really worth the effort anyway, the lists are too long and there's rarely any surprise results. I vote anyway, because sorting through the list, waiting an hour for a code whilst working on a sig, then actually voting is a good way to waste an hour or so.

Katsura Yukiji is from Hayate no Gotoku. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ooh i got to start downloading that series :excited:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    This isn't the saimoe website is it?

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/
    That's the international Saimoe, I used to vote in it but never liked it as much for some reason. The Japanese tournament site is here, but seems to be down at the moment. :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.