Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by JWH)
    I don't mind sports other than football i hate football seeing as every time i play the ball has a magnetic attraction to my face.
    :ditto: that, it's probably my main reason for disliking the sport too. :yes: I'm not the most athletic of people and would rather avoid any sports if at all possible, but I'd sooner choose badmington/tennis or rounders/cricket over football. Never played rugby, but considering my build that's probably a good thing. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh yes, within school, art was clearly a favourite subject of mine. I ended up painting a large oil canvas of our school building that was displayed in the main central hall (which you would see when you entered). The last time I checked (about three years ago), the painting was still there. I'm honoured to think that so many students have probably seen it. Too bad I'm somewhat irked by my execution. I could do it so much better now. :tongue: :o:

ReputationRep:
    You are such a perfectionist Aiko :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    No one had posted the top ten spam rankings from the last thread......looks about the same as usual :mmm:
    (Original post by TSR)
    vin 1,576
    Kagutsuchi 1,375
    Liquidus Zeromus 982
    caraniel 934
    The_Pudding_Earl 850
    Matisse 747
    Truered 572
    Atherilia 461
    AngryJellyfish 394
    eugenius 8 380
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    You are such a perfectionist Aiko :giggle:
    I was speaking to JWH earlier on MSN about this. I become very irritable when something is not as it should be. This mentality doesn't, however, bode well when you're working for a client who will expectantly suggest changes. This is why I've endeavored, with considerable struggle, to accept that perfection cannot be truly attained, and that more importantly, imperfection can actually make something more interesting. :yes: :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No one had posted the top ten spam rankings from the last thread......looks about the same as usual :mmm:
    The picture spam will also give a noticeable boost to those who participate too. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Oh yes, within school, art was clearly a favourite subject of mine. I ended up painting a large oil canvas of our school building that was displayed in the main central hall (which you would see when you entered). The last time I checked (about three years ago), the painting was still there. I'm honoured to think that so many students have probably seen it. Too bad I'm somewhat irked by my execution. I could do it so much better now. :tongue: :o:
    Aww :] how lovely

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

I have a perfectionist streak, but it isn't very wide and generally gets swamped by my 'can not be bothered stressing' streak which is a mile wide :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, in that I don't like showing my work because I never think it's good enough. But then the work I handed in at school was never my best, and I never really tried for the random essays you get set through the school year XD
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Chipie)
    Aww :] how lovely
    The problem I have with the painting is that it lacks distinction or character. Any painter could have produced it. Oh well, at least it has my signature (in kana) with my name at the bottom. :o:

On a side note, your signature is equally cute. Did you know that in the far east, Pizza Hut offer practically everything, including Chinese and Indian food? The restaurant deco is also much nicer than over here. I'm not sure why. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did that LLoT - could never be bothered during the year and would only really work when exam time came round - proper examtime that is, not those in-house tests :p: Tis probably why my reports always said "Marsha is capable but does not apply herself" :mmm: If continuous assessment had of been introduced when I was doing my GCSEs or A-Levels I would have been completely screwed! :rofl:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh I did that LLoT - could never be bothered during the year and would only really work when exam time came round - proper examtime that is, not those in-house tests :p: Tis probably why my reports always said "Marsha is capable but does not apply herself" :mmm: If continuous assessment had of been introduced when I was doing my GCSEs or A-Levels I would have been completely screwed! :rofl:
    This phrase is uncannily similar to what I received during school from the majority of my teachers. I would never brother to pay attention in class and would even bunk off. Rather stupid and immature, in retrospect. Thankfully, I could memorise information (almost photographically) during study week, whilst acknowledging the concepts required. I would then apply this "new-found" knowledge during my exams. It's amusing to think that I attained an A* in a few subjects that I knew nothing about a few weeks prior. :o:

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

I have a perfectionist streak, but it isn't very wide and generally gets swamped by my 'can not be bothered stressing' streak which is a mile wide :awesome:
    I was a perfectionist.

Now I've become a perfectionist slacker. I eventually get the work done after about two-three weeks of "I'll start it soon". Since going to Uni I've become less concerned about marks, as I've finally got out of the 90%+ mindframe :mmm:

However I do like to hand in work a week early to:
    A) Give me a free week :awesome:
    B) Allow me to amble up to Uni in my own time instead of having to wake up in the morning to hand in my work before the midday deadline :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    This phrase is uncannily similar to what I received during school from the majority of my teachers. I would never brother to pay attention in class and would even bunk off. Rather stupid and immature, in retrospect. Thankfully, I could memorise information (almost photographically) during study week, whilst acknowledging the concepts required. I would then apply this "new-found" knowledge during my exams. It's amusing to think that I attained an A* in a few subjects that I knew nothing about a few weeks prior. :o:
    I can remember I always was quick to show my parents my report as it was usually good- I remember them saying how they'd never be willing to show theirs to their parents :mmm:

I was never a socially active person, and the thought of "bunking" filled me with fear- not so much the thought of missing a lesson as being punished/making someone disappointed :o:

However my revision usually consisted of cramming the week before the exam. I remember for A-levels (I think) I came home during a two hour break between lessons (I was a ten minute walk away). I had a quick read of the textbook and spent the rest of the time watching South Park :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Fortunately, procrastination has never really been an issue for me, thank god. Given my obsessions, I'd be doomed for life. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I favoured cramming as well - worked for me :dontknow:

I never bunked though - wouldnt be worth my life......nuns are fecking scary :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately, procrastination has never really been an issue for me, thank god. Given my obsessions, I'd be doomed for life. :tongue:
    :hahaha:

However I noticed something
    It's amusing to think that I attained an A* in a few subjects that I knew nothing about a few weeks prior
    While not quite the same, for one or two modules this year I managed to get a middle 2.1 (what I was aiming for) despite only going to one or two lectures. I read them online of course, but I basically taught them to myself over the Easter break :redface:

ReputationRep:
    nuns are fecking scary :afraid:

edit: What would their opinions be on yaoi? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)

edit: What would their opinions be on yaoi? :mmm:
    You can laugh, but you never experienced 14 years of all-girls Catholic education :no: I'm telling you nuns are probably the most vicious and scary humans on the face of the planet :afraid: I'm sure they would have a coronary if they were ever presented with 'yaoi' :mmm:

My religion teachers generally considered me to be the anti-christ anyway, since I was going through my conversion to atheism during my GSCEs and as such was constantly bringing up inconsistencies in the bible and generally being an irritating brat :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You can laugh, but you never experienced 14 years of all-girls Catholic education :no: I'm telling you nuns are probably the most vicious and scary humans on the face of the planet :afraid: I'm sure they would have a coronary if they were ever presented with 'yaoi' :mmm:
    You need to ask one :mmm:

My religion teachers generally considered me to be the anti-christ anyway, since I was going through my conversion to atheism during my GSCEs and as such was constantly bringing up inconsistencies in the bible and generally being an irritating brat :awesome:
    This appeared when I refreshed the page. Was going to ask what impact the 14 years had on you with regards to religion :mmm:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.