Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about this all day and I think results day will be an anticlimax. We've had all summer to build up for it. When we get it -then what? Good results - yay, continue with life. Bad results - meh, continue with life.

I had good results last year yet still felt slightly let down at the lack of a buzz from this event that everyone had been building up to for so long and now I fear the same thing will happen.

Oh well, 15 days to go. Woo I guess.

ReputationRep:
    it isn't when the next 4 years of your life is the result

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I guess it different for those who are going to uni.

This all sparked off when I popped into tesco to get a newspaper earlier and next to the newspaper stand was a stall thing with cards in it. They were all 'Congratz on exam results' and stuff like that.

I need motivation. Something to look forward to... I should get gig tickets.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was overrated.
    Open envelope, flick through, "hmm, bout what I was expecting", continue with holidays.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone signed up to get them by email? i went on my account for it today (just to check)and it said my profile was being updated , i wonder if that's them starting to filter the results through

ReputationRep:
    i feel a big anticlimax after my last exam of an exam seasion.

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect, fireworks and a parade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I've been thinking about this all day and I think results day will be an anticlimax. We've had all summer to build up for it. When we get it -then what? Good results - yay, continue with life. Bad results - meh, continue with life.

I had good results last year yet still felt slightly let down at the lack of a buzz from this event that everyone had been building up to for so long and now I fear the same thing will happen.

Oh well, 15 days to go. Woo I guess.
    15 days? I thought it wasn't as long as that?
    ED: sorry I didn't realise you where scottish, silly me!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the English. They have to go to school and get their results.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, the results do come as a bit of an anti climax because in your minds you all hyping them up.

On the other hand it's never an anti climax for me - I get to share in the joys (or not) of your day without having risked my own sanity actually waiting myself. Happy days...

ReputationRep:
    As long as I don't embarrass myself with something horrible like ABC, could probably get over AAC/ABB but really only going to be happy with AAB/AAA. If you get good results its not an anti-climax because you get to gloat!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else just not building up to exam results at all? Like doesn't really care about them and they've kinda been at the back of your mind? I don't even feel like I'm getting results cause it doesn't feel like I've sat exams because I found the exam period quite relaxing haha. Ah well. Anywya, it's only SG results for me, they won't affect my life much, hence the rather lackadaisical outlook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I feel sorry for the English. They have to go to school and get their results.
    Yes, feel sorry for us!

We get results ages after you too.

ReputationRep:
    i'm looking forward to them - not at all really.

i THINK i've ended up getting them text to my phone...which was probably a bad idea...

ah well

ReputationRep:
    I only get nervous for them and really start thinking about them a fortnight or so before the actual day, and even then, most of the nerves/excitement/worry are left for the actual day and not the days before. As a result of this, it's not really an anticlimax in the first place because I haven't "built it up" enough.

ReputationRep:
    My SG year I ran around my parents' hotel screaming, "EIGHTONESEIGHTONESEIGHTONES!!!! !!" which must have confused the guests somewhat... and the year later I ran down to my brother's room, and woke him up demanding the money he owed me (we had a bet on my results ). After both those incidents I calmed down and had a very smiley few days.

ReputationRep:
    My results determine which retakes i need to do, hence what grades are possible to get, and what final grades are possible to get. Which is vital to whether i can actually get into my dream uni... Yes yes.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm i dont no.
    im still kind of hyper from my AAAAC last year .

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried as I might've been, because I know (regardless of whether I fail or not) I'll still be doing my Highers. Also, if you're really worried, you just need to think "Exam results aren't the be all end all"

ReputationRep:
    I don't like results days, I've never done as well as i'd hoped so hopefully this one is better :p:

It's an anticlimax in some ways because a lot of people probably don't care too much about the results, more what the results let them do...

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.