Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you become pregnant whilst on the pill? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you become pregnant whilst on the pill?
    Yes, I used it perfectly (same time everyday, no sickness or taking drugs)
    6.15%
    Yes, but I missed a pill / was ill / was on medication
    1.54%
    No, I've been on it for several years
    43.08%
    No, but I also use other forms of contraception
    13.85%
    No, but I haven't been on it for long (under 6 months)
    35.38%

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, maybe would help my worrying! Carrying on from jade1's thread.

ReputationRep:
    GF thought she'd got pregnant while on the pill. Was just a late period. If you're worried - go and see a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    No, but I'm not an option. Been on it for about 8 months and it's been awesome =)

ReputationRep:
    No, but again I don't fit any of your options. I've been on it for just under a year with no problems at all.

Nah still got preggers frm taken the morning after pill 8hrs later!!

ReputationRep:
    oops sorry for not giving that option! haven't the faintest idea whether I can edit the poll either.... oh well. And btw, I'm not crazily worried about being pregnant or whatever, I just get very paranoid about the reliability of contraception! Hence I was just curious to see if there really has been anyone who got pregnant even when using the pill absolutely perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't an option either, but been on it almost a year and not been pregnant. We trust it, I know it can happen but it's very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my bf use condoms sometimes aswell as the pill and havent had any problems with it so far. Been on it for almost three years now.

Yes. I took my minipill religiously, at the same time every day, and ended up having an ectopic pregnancy. Very bad times indeed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Four years, no pregnancies, no pregnancy scares. No other contraception used, except when on anti-biotics.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.