Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question for current Northampton uni students.

Basically, I intend to apply at Northampton for a BA Primary Education course. However, the main issue I'm slightly concerned about is the accomodation side.

I live locally, near Rugby, which is only about a half hour drive to the uni. I'm therefore stuck with the question of whether I stay in the halls or whether I commute.

On the open day I spoke to an ex-student there who said that he commuted. I asked him if he felt like he'd missed out on anything or if he found it harder to meet people etc. but he said that he still felt part of the uni life and after nights out he'd crash out in a mate's room.

Any other opinions?

Should I stay in the halls or commute? Would I be missing out on 'the uni life'?

Oh, also, in case it makes any difference, I have my own car and can drive, so wouldn't be relying on buses or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I dont do BA Primary Ed however I am due to live with a few girls who are doing that course in sept.

Personally with a course as demanding as teaching I would live in halls. You are then on campus should you need access to lecturers and materials. By living away you wouldnt really miss out on much as you are still local enough to get home.

The girls I know are constantly doing prep and the like after lectures and placements. They do it together, whereas at home they would miss out on that.

Having lived in halls this year, it is tremendous fun. Its hard to explain unless you have done it. I think you need to weigh up the options as by living at home you are less likely to intergrate with people off your course as you would in halls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.