Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Planing on with 4 others (mates) to head to London this weekend for 2 nights, just wondered what hostels/hotels would be ideal for us?

Hopefully as close to central london as possible, we have around £250 between us for hotel/hostel, can it be done Central london? - Thats £250 combined for 2 nights.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Look up Youth Hostels, there's a nice one by Kings X.
    Else, you don't need to be that central if you're going to use busses (£2 return home with an Oyster), so you could stay somewhere a little more off the radar, and use the cash for say, alcohol instead?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hostellondon.com/availabi...telNumber.2441

Doesn't that look great? £26 for friday night, each And its right in the heart it seems.

ReputationRep:
    For £250 for all 4 of you, you could afford a travelodge im sure. If you booked one in a place thats just outside central london, but is on the central line (ie Redbridge) you could probably save yourself £30+ on central london prices, more over 2 days.

Even if you wanted one for central london though, im sure its still only about £70 a night for a double room.

ReputationRep:
    Smart Russel Square is amazing. i stayed there for 4 nights a few months ago. Very cheap (12ish/bed) although sharing a huge room of around 18 people. that said though, the beds all have fitted curtains so extremely private. also, although the beds are tripple-bunk, they're all purpose built so all well-fitted and non-squeeky!
    best of all location, on russel square!! 20 meters from tube, close to everything...also you get breakfast as well free.
    the thing i didnt like though was size, it was too big and very corporate / chain-like

ReputationRep:
    If you want something cheap and reasonably well presented then your best option is Travelodge or Premier Inn as they tend to have cheap rooms or special offers at low prices. I have previously found rooms near city centres for as cheap as £16 per night in these type of hotels.

Also if you want to travel around London during your stay then stay near a tube station on one of the main lines that stops at places you want to visit - i.e if you wanted to go to Oxford Street then stay near the Central Line.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.