Turn on thread page Beta

EMA is anyone in this situation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people post in the EMA questions thread?!

If they did this we'd have much less of the "wa wa I don't get EMA" comments.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus fecking Christ

Its EMA some get it some dont, some people have rich parents, some dont. Some people have to provide for themselves and EMA provides a nice break from scrimping , some dont.

GET OVER IT

ReputationRep:
    going to hi-jack this thread a bit. my parents have split up recently and they are in the process of selling our house and will be purchasing their seperate houses soon. i plan on rotating between each house so my question is when looking at household income do i add both salaries together still or do i take an average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayn)
    shut up i was jw. and i dont need it the only reason i get it is because my parents split. ******* hell i wont bother asking a ******* question again.
    I'm sorry, but the fact your parents are divorced doesn't mean you get EMA. Mine are divorced and I don't get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayn)
    i havnt been payed ema scince the 3rd of july and havnt missed a day at school scince. is anyone else in this situation and what should i do?? no bonus either.
    If you've dropped a subject (im assuming ur in y12) then you wont get marked in and you have to go and sort that out. That was my case.
    But if it stopped after your exams then it could be that your school couldn't be bothered to sort it out. lol. Talk to them. GET YOUR MONEY, MAN!

ReputationRep:
    I got paid after my exams right up til the last day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberryjellybaby)
    I'm sorry, but the fact your parents are divorced doesn't mean you get EMA. Mine are divorced and I don't get it!
    You must be RIIIIICHHH.. lol I live with both parents who both work and I get EMA.. Like the full £30.. Which is kinda embarassing tbh lol

Ema basically tells the world that you're poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Seriously, just let it go. No amount of whining on a forum is going to change anything. OP asked for advice, not a bleeding lecture.
    Love that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    going to hi-jack this thread a bit. my parents have split up recently and they are in the process of selling our house and will be purchasing their seperate houses soon. i plan on rotating between each house so my question is when looking at household income do i add both salaries together still or do i take an average?
    If I were you I'd choose to put the details of the parent with the lower income on my form.. :p:

'tis not cheating at all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Jesus fecking Christ

Its EMA some get it some dont, some people have rich parents, some dont. Some people have to provide for themselves and EMA provides a nice break from scrimping , some dont.

GET OVER IT
    Ye man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    Do what i do leave it to ur mum to fill in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberryjellybaby)
    once again you dont know nothing about me. i live with my mother whos doesnt have the type of job my dad has. my dad is managing director of a huge food company , my mums works at a hotel and its just us 2 at home. so think before you speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Jesus fecking Christ

GET OVER IT
    Why? Because you said so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donks169)
    Once again, stop whinging about not getting your free money for your free education.

If you really needed it, you wouldn't have been able to go to school since you stopped getting paid it.

Do the obvious thing, phone your school/email them. And Bonuses aren't until this friday.

good post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithinkitslametodance)
    Agreed. I have said this before in another thread but EMA allowed me to go to prom, buy a year book and attend my advanced higher english trip to go and see Othello. These are things I would not have been able to do had I not recieved EMA.
    what? - government is really strugling atm - tax revenue is falling, the countries purse is under more and more strain - yet you have the audicity to say a ******* year book and a night out is money well spent - you cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayn)
    once again you dont know nothing about me. i live with my mother whos doesnt have the type of job my dad has. my dad is managing director of a huge food company , my mums works at a hotel and its just us 2 at home. so think before you speak.
    lets say she is only earning a little more than minimum wage - im going to guess her salary as £15k a year - (complete guess)

So that works out as an equivilant of £7.5k per person. (also bare in mind that they probably get a few other benefits and pay lower taxes).

So lets compare this to a family of 6. Both parents working on the same salary of £20k a year. This gives £6.6k per year per person. (and alos bare in mind that they will be paying more taxes and a higher proportion of tax and probably entitled to less benefits), so even though the family income per person is less than situation 1 - they dont get EMA.

My point being not only the whole idea of EMA is flawed but the whole system of how its given out is flawed

(Original post by kayn)
    i havnt been payed ema scince the 3rd of july and havnt missed a day at school scince. is anyone else in this situation and what should i do?? no bonus either.
    Do you mean the third of July this year? If you do, there probably isn't much pount in persuing it.

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell, handbags away. This isn't a discussion thread.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kayn)
    shut up i was jw. and i dont need it the only reason i get it is because my parents split. ******* hell i wont bother asking a ******* question again.
    You're ASKING for trouble now.

ReputationRep:
    iive just applied for ema and everything seems to be going ok but do we get told/confirmed what we will be getting before we start school?? thanks

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.