Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EMA is anyone in this situation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    what? - government is really strugling atm - tax revenue is falling, the countries purse is under more and more strain - yet you have the audicity to say a ******* year book and a night out is money well spent - you cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    u r a joker. Once the peopl who r claiming ema r better off in the future u can't imagine what benefits this will bring to this country economically, plus they be paying back the money through tax(in turn they be willin to help to help people who r in need). I think u r a spoilt child who just thinks abut himself no one else ur argument against ema is without a subtance. If u were in similar situation as the people who r claiming ema u wouldn't even discuss ema cos u knw how important it is to keep u goin. I'm against people spendin their ema on booz and **** but it is not their fault, because nowdays the media makes everything look alright "it doesn't do u any harm".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Why? Because you said so?
    Why? Because its old and boring.

Its just as easy to say we shouldn't have EMA because you said so.

Its an arguement that will never be resolved and people will just get offended no matter what so why argue over it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wezzler)
    iive just applied for ema and everything seems to be going ok but do we get told/confirmed what we will be getting before we start school?? thanks
    Yeah, you get a letter of entitlement telling you how much you will be getting Then you take it into school/college, and they will set it up for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Why? Because its old and boring.

Its just as easy to say we shouldn't have EMA because you said so.

Its an arguement that will never be resolved and people will just get offended no matter what so why argue over it?
    The crisis in the Middle East will probably never be solved. Shall we not bother with that?

I'm glad you enjoyed your year book and night out though

Would you like me to send you some more money to get drunk with? We can't have you going without unnecessary items now, can we? Its fair to say that you are everything that is wrong with the EMA system.

Its a shame that people who genuinely need it are succeptable to criticism due to selfish ones like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people who dont get EMA do tend to complain and say we 'dont deserve it' 'dont need it'
    Personally i get the full £30 a week since my mum n dad broke up, i live in a 4 bed detatched house with my mum! down t the fact that m dad earnt a mint with his own company! so yh u could say i shouldnt get EMA! But following this i work 16 hours a week part time and adding this to my EMA i have alot of fun!!
    Basically what im saying is ok some of us ont deserve nor need the EMA, but if you were in our position and were in the scenario where u could claim £30 a week or free would you turn your nose up at it?

ReputationRep:
    The crisis in the Middle East will probably never be solved. Shall we not bother with that?

Would you like me to send you some more money to get drunk with? We can't have you going without unnecessary items now, can we? Its fair to say that you are everything that is wrong with the EMA system.

Its a shame that people who genuinely need it are succeptable to criticism due to selfish ones like yourself.
    I think you've confused me with another user.

I certainly have not bought a year book and have not gone out and got drunk using my EMA.

My EMA goes towards my living costs because I happen to be estranged from my parents.

I have only actually said that the problem will never be resolved and that the arguement is getting old. I agree with both sides, its an unfair system, but alot of us need it.

Please get your facts in order before you start to attack people. I think you may need to re-read the thread and direct your criticism to someone who deserves it.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by ithinkitslametodance)
    Agreed. I have said this before in another thread but EMA allowed me to go to prom, buy a year book and attend my advanced higher english trip to go and see Othello. These are things I would not have been able to do had I not recieved EMA.
    This is the quote i think you are referring to whilst attacking me.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've confused me with another user.

I certainly have not bought a year book and have not gone out and got drunk using my EMA.

My EMA goes towards my living costs because I happen to be estranged from my parents.

I have only actually said that the problem will never be resolved and that the arguement is getting old. I agree with both sides, its an unfair system, but alot of us need it.

Please get your facts in order before you start to attack people. I think you may need to re-read the thread and direct your criticism to someone who deserves it.
    Sorry.

You're right. My mistake. I will rep you tomorrow since I was unneccessarily rude to you.

Forgiveness please. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry.

You're right. My mistake. I will rep you tomorrow since I was unneccessarily rude to you.

Forgiveness please. :hugs:
    Ok as you were obviously mistaken :p:

Forgiveness granted :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayn)
    shut up i was jw. and i dont need it the only reason i get it is because my parents split. ******* hell i wont bother asking a ******* question again.
    pram, toys, throw, out

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations then.

Hopefully one day, the Government will pay me to go out and then buy silly books.

Also, I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I didn't help partly pay for you to attend your prom. I assure you.
    Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s810207)
    Get a life.
    So, due to the fact that I see what I percieve to be an injustice and address that issue, I don't have a life?

Nice one Sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think everyone should get EMA in further education because just because your rents are rich doesn't mean they give you money really does it. I get it anyway and woohoo for whoever posted saying bonus is on Friday.

I think of it this way people who get EMA are in further education - therefore the future tax payers because hopefully they won't fail and will get a job, therefore it's not really free money because we pay it back eventually.

ReputationRep:
    So, due to the fact that I see what I percieve to be an injustice and address that issue, I don't have a life?

Nice one Sherlock.
    You have no idea about peoples financial situation. So I suggest you keep your self-obsessed comments to yourself.

EMA has helped me to have freedom over what I buy. OK, I have bought unnecessary things sometimes but I have also used it to pay for College Trips and books.

As I said before, get a life and stop waffling on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    pram, toys, throw, out
    lmao that was really funny.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=s810207.

EMA has helped me to have freedom over what I buy. OK, I have bought unnecessary things sometimes but I have also used it to pay for College Trips and books.

As I said before, get a life and stop waffling on.[/QUOTE]

I'll say whatever I please.

If you're not comfortable with people openly expressing their views then perhaps a forum is not the place for you?

Also, you have no idea about peoples personal situation or their life. So I suggest you keep your self-obsessed comments to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus fecking Christ

Its EMA some get it some dont, some people have rich parents, some dont. Some people have to provide for themselves and EMA provides a nice break from scrimping , some dont.

GET OVER IT
    what a silly statement to make, why does not being entitled to EMA mean your parents are rich?
    £30k does not make anyone rich!

ReputationRep:
    I'm closing this to stop the arguments - please use the main EMA thread if you have any more questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.