Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Switching from boxers to briefs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm startin army basic training soon and the Kit list specifies briefs not boxers. I'm currently a boxers guy and have not worn briefs since I was about 10. Have any of you lads switched to briefs after years wearin boxers, and how long did it take to adjust? Am I normal having boxers only, or do most lads have pants for football, running etc.. I thought all guys just wore boxers and was a bit shocked at the kit list.

Does anyone know where sells briefs - all the shops I've been to so far... Topman, Burtons, River Island only seem to sell boxers.

Assume briefs should be cheaper as theres less material than with boxers?

ReputationRep:
    I think Primark sell briefs, at a bargain price.

If you wear boxers will you have to do 100 press ups?

ReputationRep:
    I bought my boyfriend a ton of super-hero themed briefs for Christmas one year, and he now prefers them.

They also come in much cooler patterns and colours (I should know, I spent hours shopping for them)

ReputationRep:
    Why did you buy him briefs?!

Don't think super hero themed pants will go down too well under the white shorts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)

Don't think super hero themed pants will go down too well under the white shorts!
    I think if you wear them for a week or two you will adjust to briefs. I think they make you wear briefs because physical activity with your genitals hanging loose causes damage to your body. I have to wear briefs for cricket (to hold my box) and to be honest after a couple of days I get used to it.

Best of luck in basic training I am sure you will do great as most people on TSR seem to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    Left leg goes in left hole, right leg goes in the hole that's left after that. Pull them up until your pen0r is out of sight.

WTF is there to "adjust" to?

ReputationRep:

Wait... Maybe we are talking about different things? Where did the white shorts come from? Stuff like this (although obviously not from eBay) and ones which come down a bit over the leg, like this

Obviously I do not know as much as I thought about mens underwear :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    First ones are briefs, second ones are boxer briefs. Neither require training to use.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, it's actual briefs not boxer briefs we need to wear. Think they'll need to be plain though otherwise they'll be visible to everyone under the white training shorts!

..... if they won't take time to "adjust" why does everyone wear boxies?

ReputationRep:
    OP, What kind of boxers do you wear? Because you can get boxers that are tighter fitting, and they may also be acceptable for your training?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, it's actual briefs not boxer briefs we need to wear. Think they'll need to be plain though otherwise they'll be visible to everyone under the white training shorts!

What about a white jock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_pinnock54)
    OP, What kind of boxers do you wear? Because you can get boxers that are tighter fitting, and they may also be acceptable for your training?

Yea, that would have been ok but it clearly states briefs and not boxers or boxer briefs must be worn - so it looks like it has got to be a full on switch. I've just got to bite the bullet, throw the boxers out and get used to pants again - as soon as I can find somewhere that sells plain pants

ReputationRep:
    I never thought a debate on adjusting from boxers from briefs was even possible!

ReputationRep:
    I have just one quick question.
    Did you just create a user account to ask what must surely be the most pointless thread of the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    I have just one quick question.
    Did you just create a user account to ask what must surely be the most pointless thread of the year?
    I think your 'Ubuntu 9.04 sound issue ' thread may take the 'most pointless thread of the year' prize.

ReputationRep:
    I was just shocked that in this day and age they could dictate what type of underwear you have to wear! and wanted some advise on where to find (cheap) pants

ReputationRep:

Not everyone wears boxers, which is why briefs even exist.

I've slowly converted my boyfriend to boxer briefs, mainly because boxers are the most unflattering underwear ever, and I'm led to believe boxer briefs give a little more support.

ReputationRep:
    Boxer briefs are the best. From Next.

ReputationRep:
    Best places to look for briefs: primark, Tesco, Matalan? TK Maxx if you want nice ones. I have 1 pair of CK briefs from TK Maxx, got them for around £5. Not too bad. - It is a bit much that they tell you what kind of undies to wear!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't worn briefs since i was 9. I don't like boxers though, too much material. I wear the ones in the middle, they're like tighter boxers, no idea what they're called.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.