Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Switching from boxers to briefs Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I thought the army were supposed to be all 'macho'...

ReputationRep:
    wear boxers...as if there going to check!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    I think your 'Ubuntu 9.04 sound issue ' thread may take the 'most pointless thread of the year' prize.
    Hey , I can't help it if you keep getting it wrong though can I !!

I daresay that you do not know what Ubuntu is; allow me to help you, it is an operating system.

Now as it happens the thread itself turned out to be rather useful, pulse was indeed the issue; don't work though, followed the tip given by Choad and it all worked.....

On a side note, delighted to see that you eventually came to your senses in the other thread and stopped posting the ignorant rubbish that you seem so capable of doing.......

Time for me to go now Einstein, enjoy your day .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Left leg goes in left hole, right leg goes in the hole that's left after that. Pull them up until your pen0r is out of sight.

WTF is there to "adjust" to?
    your **** slowly shrinking due to its now confined living space?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Hey , I can't help it if you keep getting it wrong though can I !!

I daresay that you do not know what Ubuntu is; allow me to help you, it is an operating system.

Now as it happens the thread itself turned out to be rather useful, pulse was indeed the issue; don't work though, followed the tip given by Choad and it all worked.....
    Well if that Ubuntu thread helped you then let this underwear thread help the OP without criticizing him.

ReputationRep:
    For football I usually wear tight boxers. Don't know why it specifically says briefs like. Unless they're just meaning underwear!

ReputationRep:
    I would be very very surprised if Marks and Spencer don't sell ordinary plain men's briefs if that is what you are after. I'm pretty sure that the underwear/lingerie section of most large department stores like John Lewis, Debenhams and the like would sell them too.

ReputationRep:
    Next do proper briefs (as well as boxer briefs, boxers etc) in plain colours, I've worked there far too long to know this lol. You can get a pack of about 5 for a tenner usually

Heres a link:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/underwear/12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Katy)
    I bought my boyfriend a ton of super-hero themed briefs for Christmas one year, and he now prefers them.

They also come in much cooler patterns and colours (I should know, I spent hours shopping for them)
    You can get boxers like that too!

I hate briefs. They remind me of children. And, bizarrely enough, I'm not really into kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    For football I usually wear tight boxers. Don't know why it specifically says briefs like. Unless they're just meaning underwear!
    Wish I hadn't used my rep for today, your sig is excellent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Not everyone wears boxers, which is why briefs even exist.

I've slowly converted my boyfriend to boxer briefs, mainly because boxers are the most unflattering underwear ever, and I'm led to believe boxer briefs give a little more support.
    That's true - I was talking to my mates about this today and quite a few of the girls said they preferred lads to wear briefs - I thought girls thought briefs were dorky! Surprisingly most of the lads said they had at least a few pairs of briefs for footie and other sports stuff

Will try Next tomorrow - thanks for the advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    That's true - I was talking to my mates about this today and quite a few of the girls said they preferred lads to wear briefs - I thought girls thought briefs were dorky! Surprisingly most of the lads said they had at least a few pairs of briefs for footie and other sports stuff

Will try Next tomorrow - thanks for the advise
    Try the supermarket clothing brands (e.g. George at Asda) as their men's underwear isn't bad and quite cheap as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_abbey)
    Next do proper briefs (as well as boxer briefs, boxers etc) in plain colours, I've worked there far too long to know this lol. You can get a pack of about 5 for a tenner usually

Heres a link:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/underwear/12
    Thx Chloe, got my Mum to go and get me some from Next when she was in town yesterday. She also come back with a load of Umbro briefs from Sportworld which she said were really cheap..shes already started throwing out my old boxies so no choice but to get used to them!

Next ones dont look too bad as far as pants go..theyre not an old man brand are they? wearin them for the first time today and they feel very different to my usual baggy boxies but i probably wont notice soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    Asked a mate who has already started, aparently they specificaly say briefs because the PT shorts are quite short and they dont want peoples boxers to show below the shorts. Also to avoid 'twisting your balls' as the instructors said

ReputationRep:
    Asked a mate who has already started, aparently they specificaly say briefs because the PT shorts are quite short and they dont want peoples boxers to show below the shorts. Also to avoid 'twisting your balls' as the instructors said
    Seems quite reasonable I guess, I've never had an issue with playing in briefs. Will be an experiece for you!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, suppose its a reasonable request. Day 2 of wearing briefs and theyre begining to feel normal again. I went for a run today and they actualy felt more comfortable than boxers used to as no riding up, although they didnt improve my time!

ReputationRep:
    shouldnt worry it shouldnt be for too long, my bf joined the navy and only had to wear them for phase 1 training, now he is back in boxers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holli2011)
    shouldnt worry it shouldnt be for too long, my bf joined the navy and only had to wear them for phase 1 training, now he is back in boxers
    Yea, don't know why it specifies briefs for phase 1 training only ? Did he find it strange changing back to boxies after a few months wearing just briefs?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, don't know why it specifies briefs for phase 1 training only ? Did he find it strange changing back to boxies after a few months wearing just briefs?
    dont think so, i can ask him for you if you like? I think its mainly just discipline, everyone has to have the same, i think perhaps in the forces world boxers are like jeans - too casual? He had to wear speedo swimming trunks too which he wasnt happy about - he said it was so people didnt turn up in the usual hawaiian shorts (that would make the navy look a bit of a joke) so i assume its because of that. He also said for their passing out some lads bought thongs because boxers showed under their pants, but he said he just wore his boxers and it wasnt too noticable - so maybe its that aswel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holli2011)
    dont think so, i can ask him for you if you like? I think its mainly just discipline, everyone has to have the same, i think perhaps in the forces world boxers are like jeans - too casual? He had to wear speedo swimming trunks too which he wasnt happy about - he said it was so people didnt turn up in the usual hawaiian shorts (that would make the navy look a bit of a joke) so i assume its because of that. He also said for their passing out some lads bought thongs because boxers showed under their pants, but he said he just wore his boxers and it wasnt too noticable - so maybe its that aswel
    I didnt know lads wore thongs, he did right sticking to the briefs! I think your right its a discipline thing - boxies are probably bit casual for the army and more likely to show under sports shorts. it does seem that briefs are becomin more popular with lads. Having been a boxies only guy I was surprised how many of my mates admited to wearing briefs sometimes, some even said there gf prefered them. Havin to wear plain briefs also means theres not the pressure to wear expensive designer boxies!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.