Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone on tsr probably knows about the whole 'check ucas on the morning of results to see if your place has been confirmed'... but I mentioned this to a friend who also has a Cam offer and she said that Cambridge don't confirm offers on UCAS that way, only through results. Anyone know if this is true - I'd like to be able to check before I went into school, if only because I wouldn't have everyone peering over my shoulder that way!

ReputationRep:
    of course they do it through ucas (which does it on results...)

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter through my door (postmarked Robinson College) saying congratulations on meeting your offer, before school was even open for results. This let me stroll in feeling quite relaxed compared to everyone else who was stressing. Of course this was back in the days when the Royal Mail would actually deliver post before 12 noon...

ReputationRep:
    If you get in, Cambridge send you a pigeon with a message saying "Congratulations!" attached to it.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    All unis update Track eventually; I'm not 100% sure whether it'll be done at 7am like the rest of them. I bloody hope it is though, I want to get the suspension and fear over with and get to the elation or depression as soon as possible.

(Original post by thefish_uk)
    Of course this was back in the days when the Royal Mail would actually deliver post before 12 noon...
    I must be living in the past! We sometimes get it at 11:59am.

ReputationRep:
    I live next door to the post depot, we get ours at like 8:30 in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    I live next door to the post depot, we get ours at like 8:30 in the morning
    Bully for you :/ we get ours sometimes as late as 3pm...and they wonder why people use other carriers?

ReputationRep:
    I had confirmation of my place on UCAS just after it turned midnight of the morning of my results.

ReputationRep:
    I checked UCAS at about half 7 (if I remember rightly) and saw my place was confirmed. Some of my friends stayed awake most of the night and there was a technical glitch meaning they were released about 3am for about 5 minutes. This was in 2006, though. I'd recommend checking, my friends who didn't and who missed their offers were pretty upset and would probably have benefitted from knowing beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge updated Track last year in the morning just like all the other universities.

ReputationRep:
    I can already forsee a frenzied night on Track and TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, this has been helpful. Looks like I'll be doing an all-nighter then

ReputationRep:
    I think I checked at like midnight and it wasn't updated, but it was in the morning when I woke up (and i'm in the same year as Eye - pretty sure, and Jigglypuff) so bit weird, seems like it isn't all updated at the same time

Still, before you go into school at any rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    I think I checked at like midnight and it wasn't updated, but it was in the morning when I woke up (and i'm in the same year as Eye - pretty sure, and Jigglypuff) so bit weird, seems like it isn't all updated at the same time
    IIRC they had removed the track login from the front page but someone had the URL of the login page cached and that worked. But I assume that has been fixed by now so you probably have to wait until later in the morning now.

ReputationRep:
    I get back to the UK just past midnight, and by the time I have driven from Heathrow to home i'm thinking it'll be about 4 So yeah, anyone else joining me with staying up all night, checking track frantically and posting worried messages on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be a nervous wreck that night/morning so ill be checking every minute from midnight!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.