Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you think when you see friends/peoplewithout makeup watch

ReputationRep:
    I look like absolute crap without it.

ReputationRep:
    I think 'wow, they look great, why do they wear so much make-up'. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wear make-up, I just don't like it. I don't really notice if someone else isn't wearing it unless they usually wear too much.

ReputationRep:
    "cheat!"

ReputationRep:
    I can't really live without it now. I hate how patchy my skin looks without it, and I don't have very pronounced eyelids, so I add shadow and highlight just so my face doesn't look totally flat.
    I'm used to putting on copious amounts of black eyeshadow when I go out (see profile pic) so my eyes look weird and small without it - and mean I have to put a little something on in the day. Most people who may bother to look probably won't even see this the way I do though - and my boyfriend says I put too much on.
    You just can't win lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingDeadly)
    Ahhh I don't always wake up feeling rough but the majority of the time I wake up and just feel awful! People are going to see that aren't they?
    Do you wear make up all the time? I do and I'd HAVE to put make up on before I left the room or make quick dashes to the kitchen ><

If you just pretend like you don't care about looking rough, no one will give a toss...if I don't make a big deal about the fact that I like to wear make up all the time and let them see me without it, it shouldn't be a huge problem..that's what I'm hoping lol

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever wear makeup, and on the odd occasion I do I only use black eyeliner. Anything else just doesn't look right on me :dontknow:

I want to slowly murder them?

It's no biggie imo. Makeup, oooh. It's what's inside that counts

Well, usually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingDeadly)
    Is anyone else a little worried about feeling a little 'exposed' in the mornings at Uni without their make up on?
    I'm not at uni yet, but when I do go I'm quite worred about my housemates and such seeing me without my make-up.
    My family haven't seen me without make-up for nearly two years, none of the partners I've had have ever seen me without make-up and my friends have only seen me without my make-up once or twice in all the time they've known me, so pretty much complete srangers seeing me without make-up/with panda eyes is quite a scary thought.

Most of my friends don't wear make-up, but of those that do it always shocks me to see them without, as they look a lot younger. I think people look prettier and more mature with make-up on. Plus make-up shows that you've made an effort to make yourself look good.

It doesn't have to be heavy make-up, maybe just some eyeshadow in a colour that compliments you, and some blusher. But I think it really does make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I think girls look beautiful without makeup.
    I think I <3 you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't leave the house without make-up.

ReputationRep:
    I think most women look better without make up. Maybe it's just me.

ReputationRep:
    It depends really.
    I hate it when girls spend every minute of every day wearing make up. Or when a girl won't let you see her in the morning without make up on. Its just silly.

(Original post by Liaxx)
    I think people look prettier and more mature with make-up on. Plus make-up shows that you've made an effort to make yourself look good.
    It can add to a girls attractiveness, but it does not make someone look more mature. To me, if your wearing make up all the time (and not even your parent's have seen you without it for two years) then it screams to me as if your hiding from reality, and your exactly the opposite of mature.

The best is a little make up if your going out or something.

ReputationRep:
    most of my friends don't wear loads of makeup so there's not a big difference, they look nice with or without it really I have one friend who smothers herself in foundation/blusher etc and she definitely overdoes it, she looks tonnes better without.
    In general I think most people look nice without makeup, a little bit of makeup applied well can kind of enhance them but when it's overdone it's just ewww.
    Just my opinion though

ReputationRep:
    I never wear makeup. I want to start but whenever I go into Boots to look at some I feel like an absolute ****. Just stick out in every way, a foot taller than every other person in the shop, ugly, with everyone most probably laughing at the very idea that I would have the vanity to be even looking at makeup as it won't help.

I'm going to take my sister with me next time. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    I think I <3 you.
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    Since the girls i see normally wear makeup when i see them without they tend to look more attractive in a different way. Its difficult to explain.

i like girls with nothing on! no make up no clothes! nothing! :p:

ReputationRep:
    "Bold move lol".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeuser)
    say like someone you know, you always see them with makeup on and the say you sleep over orsomething and see them without makeup, do they tend to look better or worse??

im asking because im unsure whethermakeup improves me or not...when ive seen a couple of people without makeup, i have easily noticed and thought they looked kinda nerdier/younger without it. i sometimes think i can look abit nerdish in an ugly way when i see photos of myself and maybe black eye liner would make me look abit older and cooler

so do people you know tend to look better or worse without makeup
    I love girls without make up and they always look better. I think make up is cool for going out and occasions but the natural look is cool esp if the girl is confident with it.

I think I like the whole two sides of people thing, dressed up \ dressed down, make up \ natural, naughty \ nice ...

You've got to be happy in all your skins!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.