Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you think when you see friends/peoplewithout makeup Watch

ReputationRep:
    I look dreadful without makeup. Genuinely. Not even in a kind of "Oh nooo I look AWFUL!" way: I honestly look vile. Some people can really pull off being fresh-faced, though I do know a few people who pile it on and look... to be honest, worse without it. A girl at college normally always wears eyeliner, and one day she came in without it and she just looked really washed out and unwell.

ReputationRep:
    People always comment on how different I look in the mornings, it's the lack of eyeliner and eye make up that does it because I wear quite heavy dark eye make up most of the time. The rest of my make up is very subtle so that's not a noticeable difference. People never say it looks bad though, just different. And younger is usually said too. With regards to friends, they always complain they look horrible without make up but I tend not to really notice the difference. I'm always like "yeah, but you look fine without make up, I look horrible!" which I think everyone thinks. However, those girls who wear a lot of make up, the very orangey caked looking girls, do look hugely different. Don't worry about being seen without make up, it's not a bad thing!

ReputationRep:
    I never wear makeup, not even if I'm going out and I feel great without it. I have seen people who do look better with makeup but a lot of people would look just as pretty without it.
    In my opinion its a slight waste of money

ReputationRep:
    slut!!!

ReputationRep:
    oops misread that thought it said WITH lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    whenever I go into Boots to look at some I feel like an absolute ****. Just stick out in every way, a foot taller than every other person in the shop, ugly, with everyone most probably laughing at the very idea that I would have the vanity to be even looking at makeup as it won't help.
    I have this problem.

Usually, if I'm going to be seen by non-family I wear things to make me look less washed-out. A bit of blusher and eyeliner, mostly. My female friends are all the type who care far more about their education than their appearance, and I'm already completely used to seeing them sans make-up.

I tried answering the door to collect a package delivery without make-up on, and the man didn't scream, jump backwards and drop the package on the floor, so that was encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    when i look at my friends without make up i think they look fine, okay them wearing make up does enhance what they already have feature wise but i dont think "omg you look disgusting".
    Where as when i look at myself with no make up i think it's really unattractive.
    A close friend of mine always says i look fine without make up, but i just tell him to shut up. I wear it to make myself feel better,i know the way an individual sees themself isnt how everyone else does- i often notice this when my friends complain about a "bad photo" of them, that looks fine to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    oops misread that thought it said WITH lol
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingDeadly)
    Is anyone else a little worried about feeling a little 'exposed' in the mornings at Uni without their make up on?
    huh? can't you get up a bit earlier to apply it?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be somewhat taken aback if the homeboys started wearing make up, to be perfectly honest.

ReputationRep:
    If I see people on a night out with no make up i have the urge to chase them with a make up bag until they let me sort them out lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeuser)
    say like someone you know, you always see them with makeup on and the say you sleep over orsomething and see them without makeup, do they tend to look better or worse??

im asking because im unsure whethermakeup improves me or not...when ive seen a couple of people without makeup, i have easily noticed and thought they looked kinda nerdier/younger without it. i sometimes think i can look abit nerdish in an ugly way when i see photos of myself and maybe black eye liner would make me look abit older and cooler

so do people you know tend to look better or worse without makeup
    I think i look gorgeous with a little mascara, some blusher and my fave pink lipstick. makes me feel less insecure about wearing a dress with two scatter cushions underneath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    :love:
    Yay. :woo: Run away with me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    Yay. :woo: Run away with me? :p:
    I can't, you're too far away :sad:

ReputationRep:
    the few times i've actually noticed, people look better without.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I can't, you're too far away :sad:
    Gosh darnit.
    Helicopter?

ReputationRep:
    I think that girls that I find very beautiful look better without makeup, but those that I find less attractive, makeup makes them look better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    Gosh darnit.
    Helicopter?
    Sounds like a plan :yep: I'm not going anywhere

ReputationRep:
    I think people look much better without makeup on, I myself have noticed it, since I gave up wearing it-Hallejuah!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.