Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

I've heard back from the Accommodations Office that I'll be staying in Burnett House and just wondering if anyone else is too? Im in 72B, and I know one of the other girls Im staying with, hoping to get in touch with any of the others im sharing with or staying beside before I move in! Im from Glasgow and the girl I know Im flatting with is from Dundee, we're both starting when we're 17 I've totally left it til the last moment, but I thought I may as well try : )

Hazelr x

ReputationRep:
    Woo block 12 ftw! I can tell you that's in Block 12 cos I was in there when I stayed in in hillhead (flats 67-72 are off one stairwell). So you are on the top floor. Hope you don't mind Going up 2 flights of stairs!

ReputationRep:
    Ha, i've mastered walking up stairs while blitzed so im sure doing the flights with all my stuff will be no problem!! though im sure my friends wont help me carrying all my bags :P and anyway, the top floor is always where the party's at :L

I know the flats are singlesex, but are the blocks unisex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelr)
    Ha, i've mastered walking up stairs while blitzed so im sure doing the flights with all my stuff will be no problem!! though im sure my friends wont help me carrying all my bags :P and anyway, the top floor is always where the party's at :L

I know the flats are singlesex, but are the blocks unisex?
    No they aren't When I was in that block bottom floor was all guys ( as it always is) and the top 4 flats were all girls. However aside from ground floor can be any combination really

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was wondering if there'd be any flats/blocks that were mixed but there wasnt a choice on the application form so I just presumed it'd be single sex. thats cool though. i totally cant wait to get out my house and away from my annoying family but im gunna be so skint by the end of this year, u know if thers much work available?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was wondering if there'd be any flats/blocks that were mixed but there wasnt a choice on the application form so I just presumed it'd be single sex. thats cool though. i totally cant wait to get out my house and away from my annoying family but im gunna be so skint by the end of this year, u know if thers much work available?
    Usually a fair amount of bar work, waitressing, cleaning etc going around. WHen uni starts their will be a lot of demand for bar staff due to students going out all the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha. cant do bar work (under 17) but I hear waitressing is dead good pay il do anything to get some good money. well... not anything :L

ReputationRep:
    haha. cant do bar work (under 17) but I hear waitressing is dead good pay il do anything to get some good money. well... not anything :L
    I worked in a cafe at the railway station that always took on staff and smellslikemarmite says B&Q at Garthdee needs staff. Maybe PM her or something! But if you get a few CV's sent off the week before moving in might be to your advantage. Also search gumtree a couple of weeks before moving maybe...
    http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/9152_1.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keeno89)
    I worked in a cafe at the railway station that always took on staff and smellslikemarmite says B&Q at Garthdee needs staff. Maybe PM her or something! But if you get a few CV's sent off the week before moving in might be to your advantage. Also search gumtree a couple of weeks before moving maybe...
    http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/9152_1.html
    We're not taking anyone on any more

Remember the uni has a job centre type thing for finding jobs.

ReputationRep:
    You should totally spend all your overdraft before you think about getting a job LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd1989)
    You should totally spend all your overdraft before you think about getting a job LOL.
    haha, im just getting prepared for when im skint, AFTER i do that :P

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.