Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from St George's medical school, one of my favourite schools. I was predicted AAAa at a levels and got 2A*s, 5As and 5Bs at GCSE. Was it my grades that let me down or was it something else. I didnt even get an interview.

P.S. Has anyone else got any rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serj)
    I got rejected from St George's medical school, one of my favourite schools. I was predicted AAAa at a levels and got 2A*s, 5As and 5Bs at GCSE. Was it my grades that let me down or was it something else. I didnt even get an interview.

P.S. Has anyone else got any rejections.
    Firstly, whilst you were predicted AAA at Alevel what were your AS results? If these were almost as good if not as good as your predicted A2's then I'm sure it will not have been the exam results which were the reason for rejection (I hate that word). Perhaps, you simply weren't the type of person they were looking for, but no worries. That's their problem.

NOTE: 500TH POST.

ReputationRep:
    My AS results were AABB

ReputationRep:
    Your grades look fine to me, I'm sure with those grades you will get accepted into medical school. All I can say really is don't get too down about it, some medical schools are a bit weird when selecting people for interview as it is such an oversubscribed course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for being so supportive Lucy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serj)
    My AS results were AABB

These are definitely good results. It just depends on the calibre of the other applicants. Medicine is one of the only subjects for which there are quotas, and so if St Georges had a certain number of places and many more applicants than they could accomodate they would look for reasons to exclude candidates before an interview. Exam results are an important factor in this stage of selection.

ReputationRep:
    I had predicted grades of AAA and GCSEs of 6a*'s and 4 a's and As levels of ABB in my a-level subjects (result of mucking up one paper in each B subject) and 2 other b's for GS and Maths and I got rejected for history from UCL. I just figured they didn't like something about my PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    I had predicted grades of AAA and GCSEs of 6a*'s and 4 a's and As levels of ABB in my a-level subjects (result of mucking up one paper in each B subject) and 2 other b's for GS and Maths and I got rejected for history from UCL. I just figured they didn't like something about my PS
    Hope you were not too disheartened, UCL have been rejecting quite a few good applicants for history from my school too. One of my friends who got 8A*s and 2As, 5 As at AS level and is predicted AAAA at A level was rejected without interview too - history is quite a popular course, they probably rejected her because of something small... Good luck with the rest of your application anyway, you sound like a strong applicant

ReputationRep:
    got a rejection form oxford today, p****d me off really (for law by the way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    I didn't think they even interviewed candidates yet.

ReputationRep:
    It also seems that even to the people they are giving offers, UCL are being quite harsh. Both people from my school who received offers had them set at 38 (IB) points, with 7’s in both History and English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I didn't think they even interviewed candidates yet.
    Perhaps he was desummoned

ReputationRep:
    me too, but for PPE and I was expecting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    me too, but for PPE and I was expecting it.
    Ouch.... any reason given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Perhaps he was desummoned
    The *******s! He didn't even get an oppurtunity to show what he is like. I thought they had to interview everybody as a general policy.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: they dont interview law candidates until 10 dec
    you were rejected outright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    The *******s! He didn't even get an oppurtunity to show what he is like. I thought they had to interview everybody as a general policy.
    No, they say they only interview 85%-90% of candidates. Still seems quite harsh though :\

ReputationRep:
    merde!...that is scary. (pardon my french)...i expect my rejection letter on Monday morning in that case...

ReputationRep:
    May i ask those people who were rejected outright, their grades etc?

ReputationRep:
    What were your predicted grades?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.