Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WTF??????????????????? Not interviewed with 776/37? Holy.......... I also have 776, however, my total (predicted) is 40/42 (or 43/45). Now im even more worried than before... Linda, im so sorry to hear this. I hope you'll find another place you'll love... anyways, i dont think ill be accepted to Oxford, so ill soon be in the same situation. You know what? I know a teacher here, who got an offer from Oxford back then (not so long ago), but turned them down cause she didnt like the inteviewers, and went to Bristol instead - and she loved it!!! (thats what i hope... that ill like York or whatever other uni offers me a place)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy)
    really? i rejected a interview from Cambridge....so i'm also expecting a rejection pretty soon..
    Really, really. Have you heard from Durham yet? My offer was 33 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Really, really. Have you heard from Durham yet? My offer was 33 points

Did that include the bonus points ?

Btw, I have a tiny problem with one of the symbols on your banner...

ReputationRep:
    Linda and Hotanoo, there will always be a place for you here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)

Hey, welcome to the board! Bonus points? Appearantly not, or perhaps they assumed that I was predicted 0 bonus points, I donno.

regarding the banner; just say YES.

(and since you don't study history, that was a parody on the failure of the American war on drugs campain entitled "just say NO").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)

Ah, you meant the Durham offer... I donno. It just says I have to obtain the full IB dipolma with at least 33 points. That's it. No requirements for economics or maths or anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    She's over-qualified for the course. Although this seems like bizarre reasoning, teacher training courses will assume that someone with that kind of intellectual ability will not be academically satisfied on a basic teacher training course. High achievers who want to go into teaching would normally be expected to do an academic degree before doing postgraduate teacher training.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

true true, when i was in clearing- i was told that i was too qualified in maths (i got an A) to do science courses at some of the uni's i phoned.

cant remeber which ones...its all a bit of a blur now.

that shocked me a little.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Ah, you meant the Durham offer... I donno. It just says I have to obtain the full IB dipolma with at least 33 points. That's it. No requirements for economics or maths or anything...
    WAAAAAAAA

Thats a good offer. I wish I had the same...

Guess that means yoru going to Durham then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    "given the ammount of applicants we receive every year (...) we don't have a precedence of interviewing IB candidates whose predicted grades fall below 38 points (...) I realise how dissapointing this will be for you and I am sorry not to have better news regarding your application here. I hope, however, that you will be successful in gaining admission to one of the other universities to which you have applied"

I was really hoping that my predicted grades were not the case... I had a 777 at HL and 38/42 for semester grades, but 776 at HL and 37/42 for predicted grades.
    WHAAAT??!!? My predicted grades for IB were pretty low but I'm still being asked to take an exam this Sunday!!! I guess it's coz i've been allocated into St. Hildas....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    WHAAAT??!!? My predicted grades for IB were pretty low but I'm still being asked to take an exam this Sunday!!! I guess it's coz i've been allocated into St. Hildas....
    May I ask what they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    May I ask what they are?
    Ummmmmm. No :P Sorry, too embarrased. But low. My IGCSE grades were even more pathetic. But my GPA was a 4.20 at the end of 11th grade though, I worked pretty hard that year....it was weird coz I got almost the same grades as my friend (she had all A's and one A-, and I had all As and two A-s) and she was predicted a 39 and I was waaay lower...the thing is, the thing that was written on my open reference was the 'mid-term assessment' not 'predicted grades'. Apparently they are different, and we haven't received our 'predicted grades' yet.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.