Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are these signs that my gf is on the rebound:

She never mentions her ex
    She seemed to rush into the relationship after just 2 dates.
    She texts me loads to ask how my day has been etc but Im normally the one who asks her out (she always says yes though)
    We nearly split up the other week when she says things weren't working out.
    Her friend said that she is still getting over her ex (she went out with her ex for less than a year and they split up 2 months before we started going out together)
    When I asked my gf about this she was tearful when she said "my ex really hurt me"

Is my gf over her ex? Am I just a rebound?

ReputationRep:
    Um.... as her? How the hell are we supposed to know......

ReputationRep:
    well does it seem like it from the facts?

ReputationRep:
    That information has very little do with rebounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    That information has very little do with rebounding.
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    I call troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    I call troll.
    This probably.

Off topic: What are you studying at Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    In what way?
    He could be a total c***
    She could be desperate (not always through rebounding)
    She texts me loads to ask how my day has been etc but Im normally the one who asks her out (she always says yes though)
    Clingy
    So? Why you telling us this?
    Her friend said that she is still getting over her ex (she went out with her ex for less than a year and they split up 2 months before we started going out together)
    Possible rebound move. I'll give you this one.
    When I asked my gf about this she was tearful when she said "my ex really hurt me"
    Rape

IMO, very little chance of reboundation here.

ReputationRep:
    The tears, the short time difference between her splitting up with ex and starting with you, the fact of not mentioning her ex and her uncertainty with the rel with you all shows that she may not be over her ex just yet; but as to your question of being her rebound: you gotta tell us a bit more- specially the amount of sex you're having with her :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes

Good evening Voltex. What advice would you like today? For number, 1, please scroll up. For number, 2, please scroll down. For other suggestions, please turn to page 345.

2. No

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=T.K.B]The tears, the short time difference between her splitting up with ex and starting with you, the fact of not mentioning her ex and her uncertainty with the rel with you all shows that she may not be over her ex just yet; but as to your question of being her rebound: you gotta tell us a bit more- specially the amount of sex you're having with her :rolleyes:[/QUOTE)

Surely the fact then that shes not over her ex then, means im just a rebound guy?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    The tears, the short time difference between her splitting up with ex and starting with you, the fact of not mentioning her ex and her uncertainty with the rel with you all shows that she may not be over her ex just yet; but as to your question of being her rebound: you gotta tell us a bit more- specially the amount of sex you're having with her http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    Why on earth would that be a sign that she's not over her ex? Why would she feel the need to volunteer information about her ex to her new boyfriend? Makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    This probably.

Off topic: What are you studying at Cardiff?
    Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Why on earth would that be a sign that she's not over her ex? Why would she feel the need to volunteer information about her ex to her new boyfriend? Makes no sense.
    So do you think shes not over her ex and im just a rebound guy. What are the signs that someone is on the rebound?

ReputationRep:
    Biology.
    Nice.

Which building are you in?

Just finished 2nd year I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Nice.

Which building are you in?

Just finished 2nd year I guess...
    Yeah. My lectures are split between the Biosciences building and the Main building (the big, old, impressive looking one you get shown around on open days but barely have the privelege of being lectured in... not as though I'm resentful! :p:).

If you've applied/thinking of applying to Cardiff don't hesitate - great uni, great nights out, a very cheap and very friendly place. Got offers from all of the other unis I applied to but Cardiff totally won me over when I visited.

My god, she sounds exactly like my ex-gf with the texting and the talk of the ex hurting them. When we broke up, I found out it was because she wasn't over her ex.

(Original post by Voltex)
    Are these signs that my gf is on the rebound:

Is my gf over her ex? Am I just a rebound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Um.... as her? How the hell are we supposed to know......
    lol

ps not tryin to laugh at the situation but the quote was funy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My god, she sounds exactly like my ex-gf with the texting and the talk of the ex hurting them. When we broke up, I found out it was because she wasn't over her ex.
    Whoa. Can u tell me more about it. pm me if you want

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. My lectures are split between the Biosciences building and the Main building (the big, old, impressive looking one you get shown around on open days but barely have the privelege of being lectured in... not as though I'm resentful! :p:).

If you've applied/thinking of applying to Cardiff don't hesitate - great uni, great nights out, a very cheap and very friendly place. Got offers from all of the other unis I applied to but Cardiff totally won me over when I visited.
    Don't think i'm hesitating since i've lived here for 17 and a half years...:p:

Yup I have to agree, place is great, everything is where you want it to be and the university itself is pretty good too...

And I'm going to be in the Biosciences building first year hopefully...:yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Applying for Dentistry and 1st year is in Bioscience building and then moved off to Heath park campus and the hospital...:woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.