Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

if a person has few friends, are they mentally retarded/evil/autistic/are just dicks? watch

Announcements

Why do some people have no friends?

I know this guy whose only friends are people on MSN! lmao! he sits at work, and doesn't talk much. he's in our team, but i don't think he has many friends outside work.

the thing is, i think he's mentally retarded, but it's weird. he made a project plan using project management techniques, and the language he used blew me away. i feel jealous that i can't be as articulate as he is. i say he is mentally retarded since he always makes really stupid mistakes.

so is he mentally retarded AND intelligent? is that possible? :confused: but why doesn't he have many friends? :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ever heard of shyness?

No, it is not possible to be mentally retarded and intelligent. That comment makes me think that you may be mentally retarded, however.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just completely wrong on so many levels.

ReputationRep:
    I have 1 friend, rest are mostly acquintances

some people are just reclusive to a degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do some people have no friends?

I know this guy whose only friends are people on MSN! lmao! he sits at work, and doesn't talk much. he's in our team, but i don't think he has many friends outside work.

the thing is, i think he's mentally retarded, but it's weird. he made a project plan using project management techniques, and the language he used blew me away. i feel jealous that i can't be as articulate as he is. i say he is mentally retarded since he always makes really stupid mistakes.

so is he mentally retarded AND intelligent? is that possible? :confused: but why doesn't he have many friends? :confused:
    You do a good job at making yourself sound like a right spac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Ever heard of shyness?

No, it is not possible to be mentally retarded and intelligent. That comment makes me think that you may be mentally retarded, however.
    really?

it depends on your defintion of intelligence.

because this could include austistic people who can do fancy maths but struggle with social interaction

ReputationRep:
    Why is it even your business how many friends he has and how he communicates with them?Jeez.

Ever heard of shyness?

so why does he make really dumb mistakes? :confused: and if he makes dumb mistakes, how come he can write so articulately? :confused: is he a fraud? does he act smart or act dumb?

ReputationRep:
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    so why does he make really dumb mistakes? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif and if he makes dumb mistakes, how come he can write so articulately? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif is he a fraud? does he act smart or act dumb?
    he has a thee saurus??

what a load of bull

So he's being too intelligent for you means that he's retarded?

:facepalm2:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Adonis)
    really?

it depends on your defintion of intelligence.

because this could include austistic people who can do fancy maths but struggle with social interaction
    Class IQ
    Profound mental retardation Below 20
    Severe mental retardation 20–34
    Moderate mental retardation 35–49
    Mild mental retardation 50–69
    Borderline intellectual functioning 70–79

Seeing as intelligence is generally defined as having at least an above-average IQ (>100), I don't see how the two could overlap. Autism is not the same as retardation. You can be autistic and intelligent. You can't be retarded and intelligent, because they are polar opposites.

ReputationRep:
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
    BE NICE!

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of shyness?

Ofcourse it is, ever heard of the Rainman? Lots of savants are mentally retarded, but absolute geniuses.

(Original post by gooner1991)
    Why is it even your business how many friends he has and how he communicates with them?Jeez.
    it just seem weird, that's all.

he is almost 30 and i'm 23, and he is the brain of the team. he acts really kind towards me and i reckon he fancies me lol. i guess it's cause i'm pretty. he always offers to buy me stuff from the cafeteria, and is always willing to help me in my projects. just seems weird he does not talk, and produces some quite high quality work.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    so why does he make really dumb mistakes? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif and if he makes dumb mistakes, how come he can write so articulately? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif is he a fraud? does he act smart or act dumb?
    Is this a serious question?

I can write articulately, but if I tried doing calculus, for example, I'm sure I would make mistakes that seem 'really dumb' to someone who knows calculus.

Did it ever occur to you that he might be good at some things and not others? Do you need to be good at everything to not be 'retarded'?

ReputationRep:
    it just seem weird, that's all.

he is almost 30 and i'm 23, and he is the brain of the team. he acts really kind towards me and i reckon he fancies me lol. i guess it's cause i'm pretty. he always offers to buy me stuff from the cafeteria, and is always willing to help me in my projects. just seems weird he does not talk, and produces some quite high quality work.
    what do u mean?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    You do a good job at making yourself sound like a right spac.
    I concur.

ReputationRep:
    Troll. Troll in the dungeon!

Edit: Caps failure.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.