Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a person has few friends, are they mentally retarded/evil/autistic/are just dicks? Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do some people have no friends?

I know this guy whose only friends are people on MSN! lmao! he sits at work, and doesn't talk much. he's in our team, but i don't think he has many friends outside work.

the thing is, i think he's mentally retarded, but it's weird. he made a project plan using project management techniques, and the language he used blew me away. i feel jealous that i can't be as articulate as he is. i say he is mentally retarded since he always makes really stupid mistakes.

so is he mentally retarded AND intelligent? is that possible? :confused: but why doesn't he have many friends? :confused:
    I don't have any friends (other than my boyfriend), I'm just really quiet/shy and have no idea how to make a conversation....when people speak to me I can usually only give one word replies. I guess I'm just socially awkward.

ReputationRep:
    How about minding your own business and let ppl do what they want.

As for in general, maybe ppl are selfish retards or dont wanna know their old mates once their 'married;. or with their sluttish rock gf? lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    Ofcourse it is, ever heard of the Rainman? Lots of savants are mentally retarded, but absolute geniuses.
    The guy in the Rain Man was autistic. As I've already explained, autism is not the same as retardation.

If someone is an 'absolute genius', then they're not mentally retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    Ofcourse it is, ever heard of the Rainman? Lots of savants are mentally retarded, but absolute geniuses.
    Theres a difference between autism and mental retardation. That commet is actually pretty offensive to autistic people.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he doesn't talk much to you because you're all absolute thickos.

Just a thought.

(Original post by Adonis)
    what do u mean?
    well, ok. I sit in our team manager's office and he has his own cubicle.

he comes in from time to time to chat, but if we're in a big group he doesn't say much. but if it's in our immediate team he says a lot.

but why does he do nice things for me? does he fancy me? :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well, ok. I sit in our team manager's office and he has his own cubicle.

he comes in from time to time to chat, but if we're in a big group he doesn't say much. but if it's in our immediate team he says a lot.

but why does he do nice things for me? does he fancy me? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/woo.gif
    Err sounds pretty normal to me. You seriously think someone is mentally retarded for not being immensely sociable? :rolleyes: Wow....

And, maybe he's a nice person. Just a thought. Not everyone fancies you, especially once you start opening your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    OP, do you have any idea how offensive you're being by putting autism alongside 'evil' and 'just a ****'?
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Maybe he doesn't talk much to you because you're all absolute thickos.

Just a thought.
    I second that thought.

ReputationRep:
    my IQ is 159 but people still call me a retard
    usually hot women when i drool all over their chest :P

(Original post by la fille danse)
    Err sounds pretty normal to me. You seriously think someone is mentally retarded for not being immensely sociable? :rolleyes: Wow....

And, maybe he's a nice person. Just a thought. Not everyone fancies you, especially once you start opening your mouth.
    why does him offering to buy me food make him nice? :confused: he doesn't offer to buy anybody else food. so he MUST fancy me.

ReputationRep:
    why does him offering to buy me food make him nice? :confused: he doesn't offer to buy anybody else food. so he MUST fancy me.
    Maybe he thinks if your mouth's full of food, you'll stop talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegoodthebadandtheTom)
    my IQ is 159 but people still call me a retard
    usually hot women when i drool all over their chest :P
    I get this, I haven't done one with mensa yet but internet tests range from 130-150.

Yet I always get called retarded.

ReputationRep:
    you seem like a real ass

(Original post by sharpesparkle)
    OP, do you have any idea how offensive you're being by putting autism alongside 'evil' and 'just a ****'?
    Shut up.
    but if somebody has no friends, then it is because they're evi, or are autistic, or are seen as just a ****.

ReputationRep:
    but if somebody has no friends, then it is because they're evi, or are autistic, or are seen as just a ****.
    ...I'm not even going to bother. Just....ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some people have no friends?

I know this guy whose only friends are people on MSN! lmao! he sits at work, and doesn't talk much. he's in our team, but i don't think he has many friends outside work.

the thing is, i think he's mentally retarded, but it's weird. he made a project plan using project management techniques, and the language he used blew me away. i feel jealous that i can't be as articulate as he is. i say he is mentally retarded since he always makes really stupid mistakes.

so is he mentally retarded AND intelligent? is that possible? :confused: but why doesn't he have many friends? :confused:
    Or simply choosy?

ReputationRep:
    it just seem weird, that's all.

he is almost 30 and i'm 23, and he is the brain of the team. he acts really kind towards me and i reckon he fancies me lol. i guess it's cause i'm pretty. he always offers to buy me stuff from the cafeteria, and is always willing to help me in my projects. just seems weird he does not talk, and produces some quite high quality work.
    Why would you be so nasty and unpleasant about a person who in your own words ' acts really kind to you'? Do you realise how thoroughly unpleasant you appear?

I feel sorry for the poor bloke for wasting his time on such an unworthy object as you. I hope he soon sees the light and realises what a horrible person you are, no matter how pretty you look on the outside.

ReputationRep:
    You know it is better to have a few friends, that you know well and can rely on and trust, than hundreds of friends, who at most are probably no more than really aquaintances, and who perhaps will gossip and say nasty things about you when your not around. I feel sorry for this man who is being nice to you and you are going behind his back and saying these horrible things about him. You should be ashamed of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he has that illness your man has out of rainman you know the guy that is mentally ill but a frigin genuis when it comes to numbers

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.