Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing History at Dundee ?

I've got a conditional (B) so I hope I'll be going
    but I've not met anyone else who's currently on the course or starting it .

I ended up lost on the open day haha so missed half of the wee mock lectures ! :eek:

so just wondering what it's like ?

ReputationRep:
    I did it in first year! I liked it, I guess it depends what lecturer you get. This year we did the Age of Revolution and Britain in the 20th Century. Most lecturers use powerpoints and you basically take notes whereas some don't and you still take notes. At the end of each segment they do a debate where two historians argue their case and they take a vote, quite interesting!

Tutorials are once a week and last an hour, where you'll basically discuss what was discussed in the lecture and maybe answer some questions on the topic. Also you keep a journal every week, this year we receieved the questions at the end of each week and you'd write a 250-300 word response to the question using sources from lectures and outside reading. Your tutor will help if you're confused. But this will be covered in the first week

Hope I helped!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.